What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

{150w HPS All-in-One Micro Cab} ~Mazar Kush~ {10 Clone Ebb & Flow SOG Diary}

Asil

This will be my last run with Rockwool also. Once I go yo all clones I am just going to place them straight into the hydroton.

They sure are looking good. I just love how fast they grow. I need to take clones from my seedlings. I thought about taking them the why Drbuds does but I don't know if I feel comfortable with taking 1" clones.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
This will be my last run with Rockwool also. Once I go yo all clones I am just going to place them straight into the hydroton.

They sure are looking good. I just love how fast they grow. I need to take clones from my seedlings. I thought about taking them the why Drbuds does but I don't know if I feel comfortable with taking 1" clones.

be patient and wait a week and feel comf. IMO it is better to have a lil length more than 1 inch- like 2-3 is way to go, just make sure cutting soft tissue still, and the growth hormone is still there you will be fine

SirSmokalot

Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 10 (Vegetative DAY 3)
61 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 3.163", Photoperiod On/Off: 18hrs/6hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 89F/81F/79F, Humidity: 57%,
Ph: 5.89, TDS: 648ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

Well we're on the third day of Vegetative (10th if you count the 7 days of transplant) and in just 5 days (since the previous update), the average height doubled, which means they've fully recovered. Even the little stunted one (4th from bottom left) is doing well... She may not be as big as her identical sisters, but I've grown to like her the most; she's a real trooper. :eek::

Due to their good health, I'm no longer against raising the TDS to over 500ppm. In fact, the TDS is now at 648ppm and the plants show no signs of stress or nute burns... I may even raise it over 900ppm before the flowering phase begins (6 days away).

I'm also pleased to say that the rising pH problem has been alleviated. :jump: Now even after 48 hours from adjustment, the pH stays under 6, which is good news... VERY good news! :D However, the 2 res changes and clearex session needed to fix the problem make me want to reconsider from ever using rockwool blocks again. :chin: The initial overhead involved was just too annoying and obviously stressful to my plants. I guess I better jump on the coco bandwagon right after I finish my rockwool stock.

picture.php

Despite the resolved pH problem, there's currently a new problem... Salt deposits (build-up)... I think the deposits are now even visible in the above pic. :yoinks: Clearex doesn't seem strong enough to clean up the build-up... at least not at the recommended concentration. Does anyone have some advice on salt build-ups? :1help:

Damn... I knew there was a catch with Ebb & Flow. :wallbash:

i recommended coco you you and never hit send message i guess cause i cant find where i post it. so easy and IMO forgiving

Vertimnus

TAGGED! Solid set up. I will definitely be following this closely. I really like how specific you are about everything, really helps a noobie like me.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Asil - SirSmokalot couldn't be more right. :yes: He's a pretty smart fellow when it comes to cloning. He's right about the length of the cutting and how it relates to the success rate... :chin: Taking a cutting 2-3 inches (~ 2-3 nodes) in length will have a greater chance of success and greater initial vigor than a 1 inch (single node) cutting. If you look closely at my clones: the 2 clones in the 4th column from left further exemplifies this. The clone on the bottom was a < 1-inch cutting and the clone on the top was a ~ 2 inch cutting. The 2-inch cutting rooted quickly and took off, while the 1-inch cutting took a hell of a long time to root then took a little longer than the bigger cutting to take off. :drum: Currently, as because they're clones and have fully settled in, they have the exact same growth rates, but the longer initial "set-in" time of the smaller clone led to an inconsistency in height. :mad:

:listen2: Keep this advice in mind, especially if you're on a schedule. Nevertheless, no matter what size cuttings you take, you should expect roots within 1.5-4 weeks. The process will improve in speed and success if you use rooting hormone and a heated humidome.

SirSmokalot - Good advice on the cloning :yes: And yes, I'm definitely moving to Coco (or directly injecting them like Asil plans on doing) as soon as I finish up the COCKwool stock... Damn medium is so difficult to stabilize. :wallbash: IMHO, it's great for plants that like a higher pH solution, but for MJ it's a little too tailored towards alkalinity. :2cents:

Vertimnus - Thanks man :D I always like being as specific as possible so that new growers can learn about the Do's and Don'ts and have a better idea of what to expect before starting their own grow. I remember when I started, I made a shit load of mistakes :wallbash: before discovering the plethora of diaries and data on overgrow and later, icmag. :jump:

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
That is the sweetest grow closet I have ever seen!

Keep up the great work!

I'll be watching!

E

EllieGrows

Your space looks really awesome, I've been eying craigslist for a suitable cabinet to modify. Thanks for sharing your design it is proving very helpful, especially the aspect of concealing the carbon filter.

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Payaso - Wow thanks :woohoo: I'd call you crazy, :crazy: but then I realized you were a mod/member since '04, :eek: which means you've seen your fair share of cabs in the past. :yes: Thanks for the compliment, really; and thanks for stopping by! :wave:

hoosierdaddy - Look whose talking with your kick-ass DIY's... :D

EllieGrows - Thanks Ellie! :smile: I'm glad you found some aspects of my design useful. :yes: Wish you the best of luck with your current project; hope to hear more from you about its status. Take care. :wave:

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
-----------------------------------
DAY 13 (Vegetative DAY 6/8)
58 :canabis: DAYS REMAINING UNTIL HARVEST
Avg Height: 4.41", Photoperiod On/Off: 18hrs/6hrs,
Temp In/Out/Res: 88F/81F/80F, Humidity: 41%,
Ph: 5.84, TDS: 718ppm @ 0.5 conversion.

-----------------------------------​

We're almost hitting 2 weeks in and it feels like yesterday when I first placed my clones in the Ebb & Flow. :frown: They sure are growing quickly; well over an inch in avg height since the previous update. :yoinks:

picture.php

They look extremely healthy as well; i'm almost bored sh!tless of them from their lack of need for care. :drum: Ever since the rockwool's alkalinity issue had resolved and due to their apparent immunity to the salt build up (which actually redissolves on its own, raising the tds; thus preventing me from manually adding more nutes), there has been nothing to do for them except add a little water to the bucket every now and then...

:drum: ... :drum: ... :jerkit: ... :drum:

Maybe things with them will get exciting again once flowering hits, which is only 3 days away. Speaking of flowering, I just noticed a huge number of preflowers (obviously female since they came from a feminized mom) protruding from all 10 clones; It's like they just appeared over night... :eek:

picture.php

What good plants, they even knew that I am about to send them into flowering soon; lol jk. :crazy:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Wow, you got those plants lookin happy quick, even the smaller one is smiling. Love the headroom and adjustable lamp.

The link-o-rama is so handy. Thanks for your diligence. Couldn't have conceived a multi-chamber air flow design w/o all the different methods on display, conveniently linked to a single thread. 18 months have passed and my cab thread has 13,000 hits. I even helped a couple growers with the exact same setup.

Too bad they went with mine, they're probably looking at yours with envy. :biglaugh: I know I am. DB

Ojizzle

Any chance we could get some more pictures of the outside of the closed cabinet? I'm loving what I've seen so far.

Asil

Thanks pontiac, I will wait a bit for the future clones to get a little bigger. I know what you mean by they don't really need anything. Hell I don't even need my ph pen any more. With my GH nutes my ph stays steady as a rock. All I have to do is addback water and the right doses of micro and bloom and things settle right in at 5.2 for me.

What cloning methods do you use, seeing as I have never cloned before. I am looking at a bubble cloner or just using perlite. I also have read that using just plain tap water works great. any suggestions?

SirSmokalot

Veteran
oh baby those girls are beggin for a flip showin their lady parts. they are growing quickly and i bet you are bored. oh well more time to smoke and dream!

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
SWEET!
Pontiac is back, and is looking like he knows what he is doing!

That is a clean set up, can't wait to see what you harvest mate.

MOTHERFUCK! tEH PONTIAC IS BACK! Good to see you back up and runnin'! Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'm caught up and following now.

You can tell you know your shit and planned this out well in advance. All us nOObs need to take note: plan your shit and there are that many less fuckups to worry about.

You da man Pontiac!

pontiac

Pass That S**t!
Veteran
Good lord! What has been going on here? :deadhorse

DiscoBiscuit - Thanks for stopping by Disc :D Yea they're looking even happier right now. It's amazing how quickly they're growing. I'm so glad I have all that vertical freedom because it looks like mazar kush is a super vigorous indica. :eek:

No sweat about the Link-o-Rama :smile:, the real thanks should go to the contributors such as yourself. :yes:

Payaso - Thanks P'! good to know that a veteran is watching. :respect: Thanks for stopping by! :wave:

Ojizzle - Hi and welcome to ICmag. :wave: I'll upload one ASAP.

Asil - Yup GH nutes are a no-brainer choice. Simple, stable, reliable, and considered to be the industry standard. :yes: It's awesome that you don't use your pH pen anymore, just exemplifies that you're turning pro. :bis:

The cloning methods I used in the past were bubbler, wick and plain ol' grow plugs. I noticed that the bubbler and wick cloners worked the fastest. In some cases I had full blown roots within 10 days; others claimed roots in under 7. :yoinks: The grow plug (ex. peat pellets, rockwool plugs, rapidrooters etc.; I guess perlite qualifies here as well) method takes a little longer, but it's the most simplest of all. Rooting hormone does improve success rates, but it's not required. No matter what method you choose, it's very important that you keep them heated and inside a humidome. This will GREATLY improve the speed and success rate of cloning. :2cents:

loqurin - Thanks for stopping by. :smile: Been watching your grow too for a while now :lurk:

SirSmokalot - Yes... Now that I think about it, they have been teasing me lately. :spank: I'll make them show it all by flipping the lights to 12/12 tonight :whip: That should really get things interesting again. :D

HerbGlaze - Thanks brother. AWESOME SIG GIF btw. :biglaugh:

Maj. Pothead - Ahh good ol' maj :friends: you've been watching my grows ever since I started and I'll always be grateful for that. :rolleyes: Thanks for stopping by!

SlowCalaToker - Thanks Slow-C-T :headbange So what if you're a lil late, :D 4th row isn't a bad spot :noway:

You're absolutely right about the planning. :chin: Planning things out for the worst now will save a lot of headache later. Don't rush; take your time. :2cents: