What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~< 150w HPS/CFL Bagseed Tent Grow >~

sdholic

Hey folks so im pretty new around here, but it seems that this forum contains the most knowledgeable and friendly folks so hopefully i can get a helping hand! I have four bagseeds from two very good purchases (big bud, and some sort of purple strain) and hope to end up with 1 or 2 fems.

Here's what im working with:

:Equipment:
-Secret Jardin Dr60 Grow tent
-150w econolight cfl with reflector (for veg)
-150w aircooled HPS (for flower)
-valueline 4" centrifugal exhaust fan with speed control (exhuasts to outside)
-passive intakes on tent utilized
-fox farms light warrior soil
-4 bagseed (2 from a Big Bud sack, and 2 from a Purple sack of some sort)
-RO store bought water that i put in a bubble bucket for 24+ hours before watering to insure no chlorine/just cause i have OCD
-water every 3-4 days depending on soil moisture

:Conditions:
temps- 70-80 F (measured at canopy)
RH- 50-65%
Ph- 6-7

I have had a good bit of trouble with my last few attempts but i think i have most of the kinks worked out now so this time should be the charm.

I previously germed seeds using the paper towel method and then planted directly into straight fox farms ocean forest soil, but this proved to be to much for the little ones. So, i picked up some fox farms light warrior on the advice of a few helpful folks on ICM and a humidity dome/tray and jiffy pellet starter cubes.

The four seeds were placed in their cubes and then into the tent about an hour ago. I have never used these started cubes before SOOO any advice on the subject would be much appreciated. Hope you guys are entertained enough to stick around. Ill be updating with pics frequently.

Well enough talking... here's some pics

Attachments

• P1010635.jpg
    P1010635.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 4
  • P1010636.jpg
    P1010636.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010637.jpg
    P1010637.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010640.jpg
    P1010640.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 8

sdholic

pics?

pics?

hey i wana see ur pics but this stupid site wont let me..
im sure you can tell me why? =]

Hey there benzo. i actually can't figure that out myself. if anyone else knows that would be great though. it actually wont let me view them myself...

Anybody?

Fluorobuds

Hey Guys, I'm new here too and went through this picture issue a couple days ago. To let people view your pictures you have to upload your photos to an album first, then go into your album and click edit album. then find Change Album Type at the bottom to Public.

I also struggled with uploading them to my thread and found the easiest way to turn on Enhanced Message Editor Interface. Go to your control panel - edit options - message editor interface - Enhanced. Hope this helps cause I know it frustrated me, seemed harder than it needed to be.

About the grow now tho.
It sounds great so far man, I'm using CFLs for my whole grow so I am excited to see the potential difference in the grows when you switch between light cycles. Excited to see the setup too. I'll be back.

love?

Hi sdholic.

I noticed you're using a 150W CFL for veg. Have you been using it long?

I have been considering buying one as the veg light for my 250W HPS setup and I would really appreciate any comments on the experiences you've had with it.

Also, I believe one needs 75 posts here on icmag to become a full member with all the privileges. So a bit of patience is needed but I'm sure it'll be worth it. :)

sdholic

Hey Guys, I'm new here too and went through this picture issue a couple days ago. To let people view your pictures you have to upload your photos to an album first, then go into your album and click edit album. then find Change Album Type at the bottom to Public.

I also struggled with uploading them to my thread and found the easiest way to turn on Enhanced Message Editor Interface. Go to your control panel - edit options - message editor interface - Enhanced. Hope this helps cause I know it frustrated me, seemed harder than it needed to be.

About the grow now tho.
It sounds great so far man, I'm using CFLs for my whole grow so I am excited to see the potential difference in the grows when you switch between light cycles. Excited to see the setup too. I'll be back.

Hey man thanks so much for the input. Im gonna go figure that album thing out right now. Hopefully ill have some viewable pics up soon.

sdholic

Hi sdholic.

I noticed you're using a 150W CFL for veg. Have you been using it long?

I have been considering buying one as the veg light for my 250W HPS setup and I would really appreciate any comments on the experiences you've had with it.

Also, I believe one needs 75 posts here on icmag to become a full member with all the privileges. So a bit of patience is needed but I'm sure it'll be worth it. :)

Yo love, whats happening. Ive had the 150 cfl for quite a while. Now a couple points here:

-first, the design of the 150w cfl is VERY INNEFICIENT and probably 30% of the light produced in unusable due to the overlaying design of the bulb.

-second, the heat produced by this inneficient design is much greater than a standard cfl

- HOWEVER, cfl is IMO the way to go for seedling/clone or early veg life. many people will tell you NOT to use HID for young plants and that is good advice. cfl is much gentler and you have the added advantage of mixing spectrums of multiple bulbs.

SOOOO...id stay away from the big overpriced cfls like i have, BUT i would stick with cfl for early veg growth.

You can rig up a very simple cfl system for veg with standard home depot CFLs and just throw your HPS in for flowering.

Hey SD, when you're posting pics, click on "insert" in the My Photos section on the right, under the smilies, and in the drop down menu on the top right of the window it opens, click on "thumbnail to original" or original or whichever you want. Right now they're showing up as just links to your album. :yes:

love?

Thanks a lot for the info sdholic.

I think I'll go with low power CFL's then or maybe T5 fluorescent tubes.

Che

Veteran
Getting a good seat for this one, nice setup you've put together there!
Sent you an invite to the BSGA, looking forward to watching your progress!

sdholic

Thanks a lot for the info sdholic.

I think I'll go with low power CFL's then or maybe T5 fluorescent tubes.

For sure love. T5's are the shiz. Great coverage and great seedling/veg growth.

Hey SD, when you're posting pics, click on "insert" in the My Photos section on the right, under the smilies, and in the drop down menu on the top right of the window it opens, click on "thumbnail to original" or original or whichever you want. Right now they're showing up as just links to your album. :yes:

Thanks man, i knew i was still missing something here. Ill get it right next time

Getting a good seat for this one, nice setup you've put together there!
Sent you an invite to the BSGA, looking forward to watching your progress!

Hey there Che, thanks for stopping by. Thanks for the nice words.

Unfortunately, it turns out i got arrested for a prank pulled by a roommate and was identified by a drunk 65 yr old mexican hobo in my alley (apparently that counts as good info) and somehow this gave the cops the ability the search my place for stolen property of some sort. Thats where i got confused. Long story short, this guy was on a mission to fuck me and i wasnt even involved. The dickhead that actually did it wouldnt even man up so I went to jail last night. The arresting officer, read: "pig", told me he'd have an "increased narcotic watch" on my place due to probably hearing the fan, even though believe it or not HE DID NOT FIND MY GROW. Go figure: stealth is so important. So the setup over the last few hours was moved to a medical card holders house a bit outside the city and i am now growing for him, for a small fee (1/2 the crops and the expense of the equipment)

So all that being said, the journal will likely be on hold for a while. Sorry to disappoint and thanks for all the help with the seedling issues.

Learn a lesson here and DO NOT LIVE WITH SOMEONE UNSTABLE AND UNCONTROLABLE. It could spell the end of a lot of things. Im moving into my own place in august and will be able to grow legally there. Despite my medical credentials and card, SAN DIEGO IS ON A SERIOUS CRACKDOWN as many know. Just watch your ass folks.

Be safe guys. Ill try and have everything set up and going again in a week or so, when my nerves settle.

darryl

hope all is well for you sdholic. and when you get the new place be sure to let us know when your up and running again!

Latest posts

Latest posts