What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growers Who Grew Away From the Desire to Use Cannabis

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBD strains will be more "functional" by your definitoin because CBD antagonizes thc

i prefer dis-functional strains taht put my dick in the dirt, the kind that makes you take a mid-day nap and disregard all your responsibilities....
disfunctional cannabis :D

its like driving a sports car high performance w all the bells and whistles, but you have to move a couch and a love seat and a dresser and that sporty thing just ain't up to the task so you go out and get a duramax diesel that can haul

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Different strokes for different folks. Those people are sitting on lbs going bad, because the dysfunctionality "ruined" their lives. (as they put it) I know functional was what they were looking for and now they're no longer interested.

Life's too short for me to screw off responsibility. Too busy enjoying competency and the awesomeness of life. Now that you mention it, I haven't wanted to be 'stoned' since I was a teenager. lol Those were some really messed up years. lol

coldcanna

Veteran
I started using vape pens as a means to kind of micro-dose and stay more functional than if I just took rips off bowls for during the day at work when I can't be stoned

Douglas.Curtis

I started using vape pens as a means to kind of micro-dose and stay more functional than if I just took rips off bowls for during the day at work when I can't be stoned
I can see that helping. Until I came across functional I always looked for headies with a workable high. I used a bat and dugout with the same effect. :)

Mick

Veteran
I don't like weed that makes me stupider than I already am. I love WOW, trippy, bliss-out weed, but I wouldn't call it “functional”, if “functional” means getting things done.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now that you mention it, I haven't wanted to be 'stoned' since I was a teenager. lol Those were some really messed up years. lol

sounds like you have grown away from the desire to use cannabis, don't want to get stoned? :D
like you said tho
diff strokes for diff folks, i love getting high, love that heavy hash feeling

the CBD craze is really changing peoples perception of cannabis use, but it's still slowly happening and going in all sorts of crazy directions

G

Gr33nSanta

I don't like weed that makes me stupider than I already am. I love WOW, trippy, bliss-out weed, but I wouldn't call it “functional”, if “functional” means getting things done.

I think most weed makes you stupider the minute you smoke it, but smarter in the long run, it's an ultra-marathon to enlightenment.

Mick

Veteran
I think most weed makes you stupider the minute you smoke it, but smarter in the long run, it's an ultra-marathon to enlightenment.

This is way off topic, but anyway. I just had a rave with a friend about Artificial Intelligence and Enlightenment. What if the machines do at some point achieve consciousness. Could they then download Enlightenment and achieve Nirvana? You know the old saying, “before Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water, and after Enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. So maybe the Enlightened machines would then tell us to chop our own wood and carry our own friggen water, which would put us right back where we began, which would be kind of ironic:)

Douglas.Curtis

Most, yes. Not 'all' any longer.

I love cannabis. It makes my day awesome, just not in a debilitating way now. :) lol I get to savor the delicious flavors almost 24/7. Lip smacking delicious. AND, I'm in sugnificantly less pain, have stupidly low anxiety, can focus and remember better than 'sober.' What's not to like?

Ok, this cut could use another % of THC and it wouldn't cause a negative. lol.

coldcanna

Veteran
It really doesn't affect me how people go about their day, but to your point... the way cannabis has been breed over decades for increased resin production, like how high cannabinoid levels are now compared to landraces, I do think we have drifted away from how nature intended the experience to be. i imagine that 1000 years ago indigenous people smoking wild cannabis prob had a much more leveling, subdued experience than the brain melting og kush day on the couch bake fest. just my .02

Easy7

Veteran
Depends on legal climate. Also being stoned can cut back on production and increase concern. It's probably harder to get busted sober. Clean sense of smell, no having just smoked and there is a knock.

There are times passing a drug test helps.

Suppose it's more about personality type. Some guys might think they need a drink to grow. Knew a guy that couldn't even toke and hike without 48 ounces of beer.

Honestly, i would not want much in my house if there was a shake down. I lived with those for a lot of years. Sobriety can create a plausibly deniable atmosphere of comfort.

Ask yourself how screwed you'd be if someone was watching, and gave your person and property the old shake down?

They'd find a glass pipe that's been soaked in bleach 3x in my house and some old dvd and cd boxes that smuggled seeds. Don't do things out of habit and needful compulsion. Do it because it's the right time for the experience in the right way.

Can't say enough about plausable deniabilty. It's uncle sam's insurence. Makes seed to harvest in the forest look pretty good. Plenty of ways to hide things in the woods. Cash in plastic is hard to find. Cash next to contraband looks pretty bad.

G

Gr33nSanta

I could see myself not smoking but still growing and breeding for terps simply using my nose . I do think I'll have to stop smoking some day, it's just another addiction for me, as old as booze, coffee and tobacco. I wish I could smoke once in a while or n the weekend but it is just too strong for me as is unless I have tolerance for it. I get inspired when I hear Bodhi smoking only once a day. Some day I ll have wisdom, it's a lifelong journey.

Mick

Veteran
I could see myself not smoking but still growing and breeding for terps simply using my nose . I do think I'll have to stop smoking some day, it's just another addiction for me, as old as booze, coffee and tobacco. I wish I could smoke once in a while or n the weekend but it is just too strong for me as is unless I have tolerance for it. I get inspired when I hear Bodhi smoking only once a day. Some day I ll have wisdom, it's a lifelong journey.

At the end of the day when all the chores are done, I'd get shit-faced on edibles and it was fun, but it gets a bit ordinary after awhile, so now I have a quarter of what I used to have and have it on alternative days, so I don't have a tolerance and I'm enjoying the experience of being more lucid by not having as much. Way more of a spiritual experience for me too. But I still enjoy the shit-faced experience occasionly.

Douglas.Curtis

Yep, seeing a lot of posts from folks who would most likely 'love' this cut, or a close cousin. I'm working on sharing it with more locals.

coldcanna

Veteran
My dream would be to grow and try landraces from all over the world in their un-hybridized form. The smells, bud structures, unique highs would be so cool to experience in today's muddied hybrid kush fest

angelgoob

1) They've done it already.

2) They want the feelings they had when they first started growing.

3) hahahahahahahhaah why quit cmon now. take a hitter....

Latest posts

Latest posts