What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG Sweet Cindy & Sour Strawberry Coco Grow

I read through lots of journals on Bog’s gear. Only negative thing I read was the the Strawberry would sometimes throw some male flowers. I’ve grown a few of Bog’s lines and had nothing but great plants but I’m just curious to see before I run it for myself.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Absolutely! I finished my sweet Cindy and LSD off already. Have a small jar left of strawberry, so tasty.

Excellent choices! I'm up here around 45N and Bogglegum has been one of my "go-to" strains since it can tolerate colder temps + mold resistance. I'm hoping sour strawberry has nice potential outdoors with it's shorter flowering time.

I read through lots of journals on Bog’s gear. Only negative thing I read was the the Strawberry would sometimes throw some male flowers. I’ve grown a few of Bog’s lines and had nothing but great plants but I’m just curious to see before I run it for myself.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for this! If I see anything I'll be sure to let you know.

:tiphat:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Removed two male plants from the grow room. Unfortunately both were sour strawberry. The remaining one appears to be female. I thinned out the lower branches to help thin the canopy and allow the plants to focus their energy on areas that are actually receiving good lighting.

Last edited:

Kaskadian

Veteran
Ugh bad news guys... 5/6 of these ended up male. If this last one is actually female I'll consider it a win at this point. :laughing:

On the positive side though... time to pop more beans.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Well that sucks. Hope you get at least one lady.

What’s your favourite bog strain?

Thanks KP! Sour Bubble gets my vote: potent, delicious, high yield, and easy to grow. The same can be said for Bogglegum. I’ve never had bad results with BOG gear. Getting 5 males is just luck of the draw when using standard seeds.

Kaskadian

Veteran
What cross of sour bubble did you have? Seems like the gems were in the first few bx’s.

I've grown it several times and I haven't noticed to many changes. That being said, I also wasn't keeping moms so I can't really reference earlier bx's. I need to reach out to BOG and see what he's done with it over the years. :tiphat:

--------------------------
Guys I'm not sure if this grow log is even really worth keeping up with seeing as I only got 1 female out of this. I won't keep this one as updated as I normally would. I will periodically post a pic of the Sweet Cindy female I have, but I don't need to distract from others grows with only one plant. I appreciate everyone stopping by and checking out this grow and I'm sorry that I don't have more of a show for everyone. I'll most likely update once every 7-14 days during flower.

Pistils are visible all over the plant now. She's happy under the 600w HPS, and now it's just a waiting game. Feeding full strength nutrients daily in coco. I took two cuts which have since rooted. They're in 3.7L (1 Gallon) pots now, I think I may grow these out until they're big and nasty and put one out this outdoor season.

Cheers guys thanks for the support!

Holy you have shitty luck. I was waiting on cuts of sour strawberry but he also popped all males too. So I’m missing out like yourself. I’m still going to watching your sweet Cindy finish out

ODF

BOG's Sweet Cindy was the first quality genetics I ever grew out. Got 4 males and 1 female but damn, was she a beauty!

Would be fun to see how your Sweet Cindy is doing.

Nice grow, shame about the ratio.

Sticky Sat

Hi Kaskadian and everybody,

I hope the Sweet Cindy is doing fine :)
I have 7 2 weeks old sprouts of it growing right now but they're more exactly F2 from seeds purchased in 2003.
At the time I also had a disappointing ratio with only 1 female on 8 sprouts. This pheno's high was strong but leaning a little too much on the couch lock effect side for my taste.
It wasn't a big yielding pheno, and I never had one among the several F2s I grew.
The ones growing now are far from being as good looking as the ones in your tent (I'm outdoor, in semi guerilla style...) but they're quite sturdy and there's 2 mutants.
One with 3 leaves nodes and one with the thickest stem I ever saw for a sprout.

I'm also running 7 S.A.G.E F2s that I germinated at the same time. They're already more sativa looking.

I plan on outcrossing the more promising phenos with clones taken from the Bangi Haze males.

A nice week end to all of you guys :)

Latest posts

Latest posts