Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabis strains for insomnia?

Thread Title Search
Cannabis strains for insomnia? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2017, 08:52 AM #11
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladysvjubb View Post
Try the pill Ambien.
They prescribed the highest dose for me (10 mg) and it didn't do a thing other than make me feel borderline drunk. No sleep whatsoever.
JustSumTomatoes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:12 AM #12
JustSumTomatoes

JustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of lightJustSumTomatoes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesum View Post
I use sativas lately. As long as I smoke a couple hours before when I want to sleep, they work as well as the indicas. Even one hour is enough most times.
Interestingly enough some hybrids have been more effective than some indicas I have come across. Haven't had the chance to try a sativa or mostly sativa yet. It's really hard to tell how much of it is strain/clone or how much of it was how it was grown or let to mature. My outdoor bagseed grows have rivaled many of the indoor "dro" buds that I have had in terms of effectiveness and potency.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:40 AM #13
yesum
IC Mag Supporter

yesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant futureyesum has a brilliant future
I am smoking Colombian Gold '72, Ethiopian Highland, Michoacan. Old time sativas. I have smoked the gold and nodded off fir a bit a half hour later. I was real tired to begin with and did not go to sleep, but still.

Sam the Skunkman says the same. He smokes only sativa and says that after the first phase of the high, you get the relaxing effect. biphasic is the effect. First is energized then second is sedated.
yesum is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:37 AM #14
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant futuretroutman has a brilliant future
Go for pure Indica or mostly Indica based plants if you want to nap.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:18 AM #15
burmese

burmese has a spectacular aura aboutburmese has a spectacular aura aboutburmese has a spectacular aura about
hash plant, hashberry
and as yesum says sativas generally too
burmese is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 08:49 AM #16
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of lightEmperortaima is a glorious beacon of light
My suggestion would either be Riot Seeds Riotberry OG or his Blue Cookieberry Crunch lines for pain

My love for cannabis cannot be put into simple words it is a passion that cannot die - an undying flame!
(RIP JACK HERER THE GREAT HEMPEROR)
-Hemperorsknight/Emperortaima

"Use your martial skill for the good of humanity" -Grandmaster IP

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times" -Bruce Lee

Emperortaima is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 09:54 PM #17
Gizmo

Gizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the roughGizmo is a jewel in the rough
hello JustSumTomatoes, i dont know which latitude and which climate you have but Shark Shock and NORDLE(afghan skunk) from Mr Nice seeds are two really good strains for outdoor in northern latitude like 45-50, they both give high quality buds good for sleep disorder and pain, they are IBL strains too, i can only tell good things about shantibaba genetics from mr nice seeds, great great prices too if you participate a their auctions at mr nice forum. Shantibaba offers CBD enriched strains and make enriched strains for all the commercial seeds company. he 's truelly one of the best breeder.

here is a pick of the shark shock indoor from a mr nice forum grower

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:01 PM #18
Ronin4life

Ronin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the roughRonin4life is a jewel in the rough
Hi there I suffer badly from insomnia.i was on leafly looking for strains for insomnia here is a few that I found

Tahoe of
Purple lush
Pre 98 bubba lush
True of
Afghan
Zombie kush
Superbud
King Louis civil

Hope you find something I am going to run 4 strains and see if I can find an insomnia killer
Ronin4life is offline Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 PM #19
al70

al70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud ofal70 has much to be proud of
Enjoy your sleep, as long as you're alive, goodluck
al70 is offline Quote

Old 10-31-2017, 07:36 AM #20
JustSumTomatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
hello JustSumTomatoes, i dont know which latitude and which climate you have but Shark Shock and NORDLE(afghan skunk) from Mr Nice seeds are two really good strains for outdoor in northern latitude like 45-50, they both give high quality buds good for sleep disorder and pain, they are IBL strains too, i can only tell good things about shantibaba genetics from mr nice seeds, great great prices too if you participate a their auctions at mr nice forum. Shantibaba offers CBD enriched strains and make enriched strains for all the commercial seeds company. he 's truelly one of the best breeder.
Thanks for the recommendation Gizmo. I've only heard the best about Shantibaba's gear and would be willing to give it a try. I'm guessing that both are indicas? The grows that I have done have produced mostly indica plants that start flowering the second week of August and are done mid October. I grow near the 41st parallel and our autumns can be either really nice or totally shitty. Mold or bud rot hasn't been too bad as long as its caught early. Awesome looking plant by the way!