What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana Repeal Considered In Colorado

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I could bitch about the evils of out of state "legal" overferted unflushed untrimmed trash that some halfwit expects payment on when they should really just make brownies or oil with flooding the streets en masse...

But I won't. :D

It's my simple contention that it's an excessive supply searching for demand that pushes bales of uncompressed schwag onto other less "legal" states.

I fear that possible regulation will lead us quickly to the standard format this country seems to enjoy pushing.

Standardized THC content shredded and mixed with additives and wrapped up in a paper designed to be so that it won't burn... for our convenience of course.

If my state isn't legal if/when you guys arrive to that reality I'm not coming out of my house.

:peek:

Jhhnn

Veteran
I could bitch about the evils of out of state "legal" overferted unflushed untrimmed trash that some halfwit expects payment on when they should really just make brownies or oil with flooding the streets en masse...

But I won't. :D

It's my simple contention that it's an excessive supply searching for demand that pushes bales of uncompressed schwag onto other less "legal" states.

I fear that possible regulation will lead us quickly to the standard format this country seems to enjoy pushing.

Standardized THC content shredded and mixed with additives and wrapped up in a paper designed to be so that it won't burn... for our convenience of course.

If my state isn't legal if/when you guys arrive to that reality I'm not coming out of my house.

:peek:

It'll be like Bud Lite, and so what? It's not like you won't be able to get better. Quality sells, when you can find it.

Supply is created to meet demand, not vice-versa. Pot being illegal actually holds up the price of schwag by limiting supply. Econ 101.

G

greenmatter

i would rather have it be fucking illegal then have it be anything like Bud Lite ........ schwag is gruesome shit but it ain't that fucked up

there i said it

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
i would rather have it be fucking illegal then have it be anything like Bud Lite
Then I'd say you're vastly ignorant of exactly how much damage NOT having cannabis available is doing to the public.

As long as there's commercial, there'll be folks like myself growing for ourselves and family/friends.

It's a good thing. Period. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Right.

Cannabis is available to the public because of people like us right now in many states without any legal cannabis of any kind.

If you guys think that Budweiser Bud is a good thing I'll let you to your opinions.

In reference to the "So what if it's like Bud Light?" question I'll answer that.

Bud Light has many consumers duped into believing that it's actually beer.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It'll be like Bud Lite, and so what? It's not like you won't be able to get better. Quality sells, when you can find it.

Supply is created to meet demand, not vice-versa. Pot being illegal actually holds up the price of schwag by limiting supply. Econ 101.

I do agree that quality sells.

So when the quality is sold and the lesser grade doesn't why does it end up states away?

Do you really think that growers in California are purposefully growing for smokers in Massachusetts?

Educate me please.

I took two Econ classes and must have missed this day.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I do agree that quality sells.

So when the quality is sold and the lesser grade doesn't why does it end up states away?

Because growers in those states don't meet demand, which is filled from elsewhere. You complain about California schwag the same way that California growers complain about Mexican schwag, and there's a lot of it in California.

Do you really think that growers in California are purposefully growing for smokers in Massachusetts?

In a black market situation, smart suppliers deal with people they can trust, regardless of location. Many years ago, my close friends included people living in Colorado who were from the East Coast. They regularly transported weed we supplied to where they grew up to people they trusted. Prices were much higher on the East Coast. I didn't know the customers on the East Coast, didn't want to, didn't need to know. I would have preferred they buy all we could have supplied, reducing the liability of multiple customers. A smart distributor's or grower's dream customer is somebody who will consistently buy all they offer & whisk it far away, thus dissociating them from any difficulties that might arise further down the supply chain. People who do it as an ego trip, who seek notoriety & thrills are fools of the worst sort.

Educate me please.

I took two Econ classes and must have missed this day.

Weed does not sell in a normal market. The price is high because of artificial scarcity in an imposed black market. Supply is never sufficient to create a true equilibrium price. In all the years I smoked & dealt in weed, there never was such a thing as a market glut, and there is no such thing today. Smokers will consume what they can get, and only those who grow their own or have special connections get to smoke much of anything that isn't what somebody else calls schwag. Lower quality weed just moves to places of greater artificial scarcity.

Which brings us to the whole thing about being connected. Locally, tokers who are poorly connected end up buying schwag from street dealers in Civic Center Park (among other places) while those who have good connections & who are trusted buyers often get dynamite for the same price a few blocks or a few miles away. It all comes back to the concept of trust in a black market scenario. Normal market economics simply do not apply.

Hell, you could be living a block away from a guy who grows & sells shit better than your own & you'd never know it.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Alright I tried to follow you on the economics logic but you lost me at normal market economics simply do not apply.

It seems to me that California schwag would be preferable to Mexican schwag but if it would compete in that market the price wouldn't be nearly as high as a crosscountry trip would make it.

So is it not supply (ie low grade grass people in CA don't want to pay top dollar for) seeking a demand (ie some sucker to pay top dollar for your low grade)?

I'm thinking this is just different coasts looking at each other through the looking glass.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

You aren't fulfilling an insatiable need.

You're just stomping on another market with overpriced shit.

G

greenmatter

Then I'd say you're vastly ignorant of exactly how much damage NOT having cannabis available is doing to the public.

As long as there's commercial, there'll be folks like myself growing for ourselves and family/friends.

It's a good thing. Period. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

:laughing:

the availability of schwag makes the thought of McWeed sound O.K. to you? so are you saying phillip morris would be better than mexican brick? WTF is the difference?

did you hit your head on your RO machine?

grow a sense of humor

Latest posts

Latest posts