Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > CBD > Some advice please.

Thread Title Search
Some advice please. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 10:54 PM #1
lovehaze

lovehaze is on a distinguished road
Some advice please.

Hi everybody. So I don't post on here to much. My thoughts may be somewhat disorganized. I'm a licensed Medical grower. I've been working with this fine plant for about 11 years now everything... just about everything I know about cannabis I learned from the fine people here on Icmag. (and from personal experience) .
So recently my doctor tells me I can not smoke anymore (I guess ten joints a day for ten years finally caught up with me) and my lungs need a break. So this transition to a "edible" drug has left me with some serious questions. The most serious of which is do I even need to take this stuff anymore.
I religiously smoked sativa variety plants for obvious reasons as a heavy user anything else would have been entirely debilitating to my ability to function as a human being. That being said with out being able to smoke I can no longer have access to the same chemistry profiles that were benefiting me so much.
For purposes of simplification I am gonna try to keep this minimal. My understanding is that when Delta9-THC is in ingested the end result is: 11-Hydroxy-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (11-OH-THC) which is a much more powerful drug than the Delta9-THC before it is digested. So we all have heard the stories about "accidental overdose" etc. So I tested some of this stuff...I took the whole candy "sativa variety" 42mg and yes I was relaxed. Now my understanding is that most people have serious overdose potential when it comes to these edibles. So essentially completely different effect than smoking. (not surprised this was not my first rodeo). I'm only stating this so you have some idea of my experience.

My question is thus: My doctor has suggested that because I use cannabis to treat chronic pain I might try the non-psychoactive Cannabidiol variety of the drug. Personally I see no problem with this but I don't like to put anything in my body without of a full understanding. So it follows that if you do not smoke the Cannabidiol but ingest it then it will follow a similar digestive breakdown process and end up in the system as some other drug. Does anybody know at this point what it breaks down into? Does the breakdown cause a similar potency spike and therefore effect? Maybe I'm not being clear? I'm just trying to get some feedback and would appreciate the conversation if I need to re-iterate anything I'm happy too. I am seeking after knowledge. If this conversation has been had or this information is anywhere else I would very much appreciate a link. Thanks for any help I always look to this place as a pinnacle of thought and knowledge.
lovehaze is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:10 AM #2
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
Lovehaze, what method are you smoking? A vaporizer may be less impactful for you. My lungs are very poor as well. I would suggest you go to Aceseeds.org . They have a couple regular packs of Lebanese still. It's a semi auto flowering sativa. A landrace strain with three selected phenotypes. The best information is under the breeders packs information area. The same genetics are available in the regular packs. They aren't separate by phenotype in the regular packs. All actual test results are available in information pages. I hope that this will help you in your selection. Peace
farmerlion is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2018, 02:46 AM #3
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant futureBetterhaff has a brilliant future
I believe whether you smoke or ingest the breakdown processes or end results are the same, just thru a different pathway.

One thing about ingesting, which a lot of people don’t understand, is there is little waste of the affecting compounds as there is with smoking. For example, is you smoke a joint you are probably only in-taking about 25 – 30% percent of the drug. If you ingest the same amount it’s like the smoking dose X 3. This is changing for the better because of the knowledge and practices that are coming about due to medical and legalization (more defined dosages).
Betterhaff is offline Quote

Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 AM #4
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Tell your doctor to fuck off.
Jellyfish is offline Quote