What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Seeds **AK47**Strawberry Ak**Killer Glue**Kalibubba*

imadoofus

Veteran
Hi everyone!

I'll be doing a test grow on several new strains from Serious Seeds, and also a pack of Ak47. This will be:
AK47
Strawberry AK
Killer Glue
Kali Bubba

Seeds were planted into straight coco in solo cups and 18 of 18 germinated! I'm seriously excited to try the new Killer Glue and Kali Bubba and hope you'll follow along for the journey!

picture.php

imadoofus

Veteran
Add more soil till the cups are filled around those long stems to support them better. :tiphat:

Thanks, I transplant them into better accommodations once they sprout. Recently planted into 2g pots to finish out their journey into beautiful buds... hopefully

running canna coco and basic 6/9 gh micro and bloom with 1ml of calimagic per gallon. The Kali Bubba currently reeks, overwhelming the entire room. I grew some KB that was gifted back in 2014 and it was legendary. The initial onset of the high was a rush, as if the rollercoaster was going to drop any second. Intense stuff.

I have my eye on 1 ak in particular, the pheno is slightly indica dominate with stacked leaf formation. Kinda reminds me of something special I had but lost. Time will tell. Next grow after this will be 20 ak seeds fem. Really on the quest for exceptional mothers, and I can only imagine what I could find in a decent size batch like that.

This grow was an opportunity to test out some new gear by Simon and to find some quality mothers for myself. 18 phenotypes out of 4 strains... exciting to see what turns up!
picture.php

imadoofus

Veteran
By some miracle, my local shop had a Gavita 1700e in stock from a canceled order. After reading SSHz's thread, I was seriously impressed and pulled the trigger. Hoping to get it rigged up tomorrow.
picture.php

imadoofus

Veteran
Got the Gavita installed and the plants are mclovin' it. What really surprises me, is the light penetration into the canopy. Very even distribution of light across the area, and it's insane how BRIGHT this LED is. Moved the plants into 2 separate tubes, 9 on each side. Running a 1000w mh on the other tub and will switch to hps couple weeks into flower.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

imadoofus

Veteran
I completely forgot that currently, KaliBubba is only available is regular seeds. i thought they were feminized. Totally my fault, but I'm a doofus...

Working with the girls, I not8ced 2 kalibubba on the back had very unusual preflower formation, I just blew it off as they were both some fire sativa phenos. Upon closer inspection last night, realized they were both males. Both only had a few open nanners, but I'm sure pollen has already dropped.

The Killer Glue turned into massive monsters, I had to top them 2. The gavita is impressing me, all the girls underneath it are picturesque. 3 Weeks into flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

imadoofus

Veteran
Almost ready to harvest this round of beautiful girls. I'm impressed with the gavita and quality of buds produced under it compared to the hps.

Buds under the gavita are extremely more dense and coated with resin. I purchased several growers choice 720s for an upcoming comparison test grow, which I'm stoked about.

The killer glue quality is unreal. Strawberry ak as well. Buds are glistening with resin, going to be a massive harvest
picture.php

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Wow great stuff imadoofus. Really great result under the gavita led. I'm well impressed. I too used to have an exeptional Ak47 that I ran for some years until I lost it, it was absolute killer! Looking at the killer glue cross has got my attention. So many thanks for sharing.

imadoofus

Veteran
Wow great stuff imadoofus. Really great result under the gavita led. I'm well impressed. I too used to have an exeptional Ak47 that I ran for some years until I lost it, it was absolute killer! Looking at the killer glue cross has got my attention. So many thanks for sharing.

amazing results from the gavita. I've had a lot going on and kinda neglected posting about the harvest from this grow.

The gavita crushed it compared to the hps light next to it. Buds were much more dense and compact, putting the total tally from the gavita tub to almost 2.5 pounds. Not bad at all from a first run with multiple strains, which was a headache unto itself.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Was there a problem with the strawberry akiel?

I couldn't get the seeds/sprouts to start, but I am new and had some bug issues. The AK47 has been super easy. I have one going now in the 2nd run diary.. Go figure about the Akiel. I will try again.

Besides "Serious Dope" is gonna win me some free seeds.

Edit: You are getting 720s. I am rocking 680e lights, and they are only at 80% in the flower tent I have the 11 hr time going. The other tent is only 75%.

imadoofus

Veteran
I couldn't get the seeds/sprouts to start, but I am new and had some bug issues. The AK47 has been super easy. I have one going now in the 2nd run diary.. Go figure about the Akiel. I will try again.

Besides "Serious Dope" is gonna win me some free seeds.

Edit: You are getting 720s. I am rocking 680e lights, and they are only at 80% in the flower tent I have the 11 hr time going. The other tent is only 75%.

Running the 720s mostly at 50% and 2-3ft above canopy, plants love it. Going to do an side by side here shortly of the gavita vs growers choice.

Latest posts

Latest posts