What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does pollen smell?

Treevly

I find that it has no odour that I can detect when it is just fresh, but after a day or two if smells like the pollen I buy form my local bee-keeper to put on toast - which I suppose isn't too surprising.

troutman

Seed Whore
It may not be a good idea to intentionally smell any pollen. It could cause an allergic reaction to occur in some people. :tiphat:

I've seen pollen fly many times while making seeds and never noticed any aroma.

I usually pollinate with my fingers just by dabbing the pollen onto my finger right from the plant, and in my opinion it definitely has a smell, subtle but present.

Fitzera

It may not be a good idea to intentionally smell any pollen. It could cause an allergic reaction to occur in some people. :tiphat:

I've seen pollen fly many times while making seeds and never noticed any aroma.

I was going to say, pollen smells like allergies. I don't have allergies, but I did noticed it when I was collecting pollen in the past. I definitely don't want to develope them over time so I'll wear a mask.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had pollen w aroma before. From TheRev. From his 3rd generation of his Cindy. It was crazy. Initially assumed the aroma was coming off 2/5 males, but after cutting branches from both of them, letting pollen drop over the following days, then getting rid of branches and drying pollen, the aroma was still there.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php