What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TS1000 daisy chained ;)

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Lol, I'm getting old mate, some of life's excitement I can do without these days. And you forgot the "oh fuck" moments as the back of your head brushed against the bulb while backing out of the grow after watering the back plants lol. Yeah I'm an led guy these days.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

eyesdownchronic

Hey GMT,

rarely see people with true tri/quads.

whenever i run into them i try to breed away because it sketches me out.

is the tri/quad due to the plants being polyploid? or is it just a mutation of some sort?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey eyes down, I haven't got the facilities to check, but logically I would say it can't be a polyploid. I suspect poly x poly would generate all poly offspring. Since I've only managed to get them up to one in 3, I have to say its in standard diploid genes. Some sort of multiple gene combination. Best research suggests lea13 gene has shifted its allele position and has been copied into multiple locations on the DNA strand, coupled with the same thing with another gene doing the same thing.
The tell will be with the ratios in the offspring from quad x quad. That's a match I've never been able to do before. So far its only been tri x tri over multiple generations.
There seems to be a combination that adds more branches per node. In the quad x quad, that combination should be more frequent. Whatever it is.
We'll have to wait and see what those seeds bring.

eyesdownchronic

Hey eyes down, I haven't got the facilities to check, but logically I would say it can't be a polyploid. I suspect poly x poly would generate all poly offspring. Since I've only managed to get them up to one in 3, I have to say its in standard diploid genes. Some sort of multiple gene combination. Best research suggests lea13 gene has shifted its allele position and has been copied into multiple locations on the DNA strand, coupled with the same thing with another gene doing the same thing.
The tell will be with the ratios in the offspring from quad x quad. That's a match I've never been able to do before. So far its only been tri x tri over multiple generations.
There seems to be a combination that adds more branches per node. In the quad x quad, that combination should be more frequent. Whatever it is.
We'll have to wait and see what those seeds bring.

thanks for taking the time to answer. the only line i found that threw out trifoliates was a little over 50% trifoliate types i would say. dont believe there were any quads. im a little rusty on my mol. breeding but iirc polyploids are capable of either passing on 1 or 3 gene copies per progeny, depending on how it breaks up in meiosis.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi GMT plants looking nice, what soil mix do you use? it's a good green colour your plants have, not too dark but not yellowy either.

the state of that wardrobe though lol...

VG

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I have worked 3 wardrobes together, before tents were around. It's nice to see it being done. I do hope there is more holding that up than it looks though. That bit of wood in the middle is just in the way, it can't be doing anything you should rely on. If it is, you need to give yourself a good talking to about squashed plants and house fires.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ahh, OK, this will be a large and shameful update. Because of the number of pictures involved, I'll have to split this into 3 posts. So if you see one or two, give me time to get the next uploaded and check back for the full extent of the situation lol. Don't worry, plants are happy, but you'll see my shame.

I'll address everyone in turn.

Thanks mars, here's the current update shots

picture.php

picture.php

Eyes down, yeah meiosis is the creator of everything new, and the destroyer of all that exists.

TBC....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
V.G. hey mate, the soil is a new one. Its a very light fluffy general purpose one, that requires some topping up. I used to use clover peat moss, but they shut down with covid, so I'm now using this stuff
picture.php

picture.php

And these
picture.php

The reverse labels for each bottle is in my mars hydro gallery showing contents and values. That silicon is silicon plus K.

The wardrobe lol, yeah now we move onto my shame part of these posts. Check the next post out.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
V.G., f-e. Yeah, the wardrobes, the one at the back is still in good conditionish, well it stands straight. The one at the front, well, I think taking the back off it reduced the structural integrity a little. Plus years of use (almost 20), has had a bit of wear and tare. F-e, every splinter, every screw is essential to this thing standing at all. I need a tent, but Xmas is an expensive time of year. Here's the full horror of the situation, and why I laugh at people worried about a pin hole light leek.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
V.G. hey mate, the soil is a new one. Its a very light fluffy general purpose one, that requires some topping up. I used to use clover peat moss, but they shut down with covid, so I'm now using this stuff
View Image
View Image
And these
View Image

The reverse labels for each bottle is in my mars hydro gallery showing contents and values. That silicon is silicon plus K.

The wardrobe lol, yeah now we move onto my shame part of these posts. Check the next post out.

Interesting, i had a feeling you probably used a ready mix one... the plants seem to enjoy it. recently ive been using biobizz light mix as a base and then doubling it up with a rich 'supersoil' type mix of my own... seems to be ok. I like that light mix has coco in it... but ive never had any luck with adding my own coco to an organic mix.

and the wardrobe... if i showed you my grotty sterling board cabs in the corner of my leaky garage... you wouldn't feel so ashamed lol.

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I find it tough to balance the nutes in ready made preferted stuff. I loved the Irish peat moss as I just had to add water, but this stuff I have to add everything once flower starts. Veg seems to strip it bare. I have to have it one way or the other, as with no access to soil tests, I end up going in circles trying to balance stuff all the way to harvest.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
UK? Jacks Magic is very good. It's also very bad, being a big bag of peat with some correction. Peat really is the ticket though. Peat free has never worked for me. Giving thin light green plants that look ok until you see the peat grown plants beside them.

The wardrobe could benefit from some 8" pressed steel shelf brackets in the inside. Holding the roof and wall square. Alternately a square bit of wood can be run into 2 triangles very easily. So you can screw pilot holes in the roof and walls into your triangles.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I'm kind of limited to what I have access to here. I'm in a village area with almost no transport. So I'd have to order anything online. And having 600 litres of compost delivered would raise an eye brow or two among my neighbours. I've already had comments about how the garden slopes these days, and didn't 20 years ago.
Brackets is a good idea, I bought some to try that a few years back, but couldn't get the tiny screws to go through the covering on this chip board. They just skated off. I'm not really a practical person. Much more at home with a spreadsheet that a screwdriver. I thought about just glueing them in place with that gorilla glue stuff. But couldn't find any locally. All they had was metal glue or wood glue. Nothing to stick one to the other. Village life has its advantages, but a lot of disadvantages.
Its going to be easier to just order a tent. But its going to have to wait till the spring due to budgets.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you use anything pointy like a bradawl or nail to pierce the plastic, you should be able to get the screws in a bit with a little hammer or something, and then that should start them off enough to screw in the rest of the way.

you might even be able to fix it with duct tape on the outside !

VG

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
At this point I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope it can hold out till I can afford a tent. I just wished they made 4 x 3 tents to give me a bit of room to water and let the light bounce off a wall to lower buds. Still, can't have everything when getting a screw into wood is too hard for ya.
So here's the update
Seeds are coming along nicely, I'd say 4 more weeks for the buds to be ready, at a guess.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
As soon as possible, it keeps seed numbers to a manageable number. It leaves the majority of the seeds at the base of the buds, where they are easily removed before their husks go moldy and ruin the rest of the harvest. And most importantly, it let's me kill off the males sooner and either make the next gen of clones, or start some seeds, without worrying about numbers moving my blood pressure up.

Latest posts

Latest posts