What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dual SP-150 in a 3'x3'

LouDog420

Plants are just a memory these days. Between the canopy density and root pathogens, we did end up with quite a bit more larf than desired across both spaces. We'll still make good use of it for patients.

Preliminary numbers are quite favorable for the LED. General disclaimer again about different mediums and the root issues. The LED space did have a slight advantage with the rockwool medium and 2 extra plants, seemed to be less affected by the root pathogens halfway through, and did not have heat/hot spot issues as was suffered under the 400w HPS. It's not an apples to apples comparison, but the numbers are drastic enough there's clearly more experimenting needed. However, equally important, the LED space was running only 260w with reduced cooling demands compared to the 400w HPS.

We did and still are having a harder time keeping plants healthy under the LEDs including in veg. Something is off with the diet and metabolism and can't quite seem to nail it. I think it has to do with spectrum and intensity, but if we could figure out that problem, I think I'd be singing all praises for LED despite my love for HPS. This round did seem to acclimate after several weeks.

Enough talk, yield metrics below. All flower is untrimmed so a 15% approximation was used to get final yield metrics.

picture.php

• Comparing straight yield between the spaces (strictly grams produced), the LED space outperformed the HPS space by:
    • 31.6% for medical grade flower
    • 37.1% for larf reserved for concentrate and edible processing
    • 33.4% for total usable biomass produced

• Comparing yield/power (g/w: not including the additional ventilation required in the HPS space), the LED space outperformed the HPS space by 102.5%.

• Comparing yield/area (g/sf), the LED space outperformed the HPS space by 31.6% also. The LED and HPS spaces are the same size area, so it's the same factor as our total medical grade flower yield.

Very interesting results that will no doubt lead to more LED experimentation.

Thanks all for joining along, hopefully despite the slight differences between spaces and problems during the grow, this is still helpful. I'll have final blind quality results to follow comparing the quality of the LED to HPS final medical products.

Good vibes,
LD

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
wow, this is a very professional analysis post. :good:

thanks for taking your time to do the comparison. peace and love. :smoke out:

M

Maquiypa

Thank you very much LouDog it's a very good complete post, and really interesting.

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Thank you very much LouDog it's a very good complete post, and really interesting.
The comparison is very interesting. I just bought an SP 150 and your post gives me a smile on its overall effectiveness! :)
The leds have become very effective I have the impression ...

peace

Thanks for your support. buddy.
TIPS for SP150.
It is special design. Pls only use it under 110V-120V or 220V-240V. If you use it in other voltage, there might some chips cannot turn on. Pls note.

Last edited:
M

Maquiypa

Thanks for your support. buddy.
TIPS for SP150.
It is special design. Pls only use it under 110V-120V and 220V-240V. If you use it in other voltage, there might some chips cannot turn on. Pls note.

Hi the Team ! :tiphat:

Thank's for the tips !

Last edited:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Yes, It comes from the timer. There are two solutions:
1: to buy a bipolar cut-off timer
2: uplug the cord when you want to turn off the light.