What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farmerlion's Greenhouse 2018

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
JustSumTomatoes, I'm thinking of getting some Deep Chunk to run next season. If I don't get to them, I will have them in my library anyway. Thanks for stopping by my friend. Peace

medman225

man deep chunk is such a stone cold pure indy. i mean if that’s up your alley more power to you, i just find that for myself, like a lot of people, her taste isn’t that pleasant, and a lot of the plants from that line got the nickname death cabbage! just trying to let ya know what ur getting into... having said that, if ur open to all options, tom hill has a deep chunkXhaze at the seedboutiques page on real gorilla clothing, and u could pheno hunt a dc pheno w some added outcross vigor. obviously the f2s are gonna be the best generation to find a full on deep chunk with impressive hybrid vigor.
keep on rocking bro!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Medman225, I liked the Haze cross myself. There isn't very detailed information about any genetics on that sight. I need to finish in the greenhouse by October 10th. I don't smoke or sale myself. I donate cured buds to patients and friends. I have a library of genetics I'm building for preservation. I will never get to most of them. I try and add every true landrace I can get my hands on.

I don't chase names of the latest, greatest smoke from a dispensary. I only care about great genetics. Some are only unique cannabinoid profiles. High levels of CBG etc.
Have a great day and thanks for the information.
Peace brother

HerbBert

Thanks for the encouragement Farmer :yes:

All your plants look lovely nice colour, I had slight burnt tips on a couple of my MxNL but they seem to be getting over it it was my 1st soil mix and made it up as i went along really.

I still find it surprising you dont actually some or eat any of your herb you must have alot of good karma points :ying:

Have you ever tried to do Tangwenas cob cure?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
HerbBert, I thought about it for some this season. I was talking with a friend today about getting a press. There are so many avenues to explore. The cob cure is very interesting and would be fun to try.
And no I don't use any, wish I could.
Peace brother

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greetings farmer...obviously you love growing and have good skills ...just to be clear >>> you don't use it, you don't sell it, yet you grow with this much passion and precision and then give away your entire crop at the end of the season?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Star crash, that is how I do it. Once money comes into play, then quantity and time can easily override my original goals. This way the meds I donate are properly grown and cured. I'm not compelled by any other factors to rush or change anything. I can explore many soil compositions, genetics(flowering times). I can freely cull any plant for any reason and money isn't a consideration.
I feel I can do a better job of growing and learning this way. Plus the people I help are strapped for cash often times because of an illness. Being able to freely give my best to them. Is good for the soul.
Peace brother

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Star crash, that is how I do it. Once money comes into play, then quantify and time can easily override my original goals. This way the meds I donate are properly grown and cured. I'm not compelled by any other factors to rush or change anything. I can explore many soil compositions, genetics(flowering times). I can freely cull any plant for any reason and money isn't a consideration.
I feel I can do a better job of growing and learning this way. Plus the people I help are strapped for cash often times because of an illness. Being able to freely give my best to them. Is good for the soul.
Peace brother

Hats off, farmerlion :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Koondense, it's always good to see you brother. I hope your grow is going well. I try to check in when I can. Have a great week my friend. Peace

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Star crash, that is how I do it. Once money comes into play, then quantity and time can easily override my original goals. This way the meds I donate are properly grown and cured. I'm not compelled by any other factors to rush or change anything. I can explore many soil compositions, genetics(flowering times). I can freely cull any plant for any reason and money isn't a consideration.
Peace brother

My hat is off to you FarmerLion. This is admirable and much needed by many people. You have a great approach to learning while growing and even better plan for your end product.

I see the medical program in my state as a complete scam. Crappy products at prices that hurting people have no prayer of affording.

I didn't come back to growing to make money either, but to help the people close to me that needed the plant. Don't get me wrong, it would be nice to monetize this, but it's not my main purpose and I doubt it ever will be.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Dawn Patrol, The same thing is going on here in North Dakota. No decriminalization, the two State licensed growers are nothing more than a backroom handshake good ole boys club. The home growers were removed from our MMJ Measure completely. Out of 19 applications for the two licensed facilities. They were selected within days. There was no way they studied each individual applicant and gave fare consideration to any of them.

So my plan is to pry open the back door. I'm hoping with better genetics, quality and higher CBD ratios. I can make my test results public and I'm doing it for free. In the process I have streamlined my production costs and developed a soil routine that actually improves my soil each year.
I will either be hunted down and arrested to be silenced and protect their monopoly. Or the State will be compelled to open up the market fairly and let the cream rise to the top. I certainly hope to compete and let my quality speak for itself. While I'm doing it for free the State isn't being robbed of taxes. While I'd certainly be charged with production for sale and distribution no doubt. At the end of the day it scares the shit out of me.
But there is so many people that aren't being helped. If I don't use my skillsets and character for their best interest, I see nobody else in ND that will.
Wish me/us luck brother. I thank you for taking the lead in your part of the world to make a positive change for the betterment of mankind. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
6-22 Updates

6-22 Updates

Hello all, I'm going to do a photo bomb of some of the girls. The growth rate has been very good the last couple of days. I'm getting a lot of lateral growth and stalk diameters are gaining quickly. These are robust, hearty plants that are thriving in this environment.

Bubba Kush x PCK

Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple Nepjam f6

Purple Nepjam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29

Blueberry and a Panama D/C trifoliate

Blueberry and a Panama D/C trifoliate pic #2

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
6-22 Update

6-22 Update

Blueberry single planted in a 35 gallon grow bag.

Peyote Purple

NYCD

Early Bubba Hash
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
6-22 Update

6-22 Update

Lebanese #4

Lebanese #3

Double planted Lebanes in a 40 gallon tub. The plant on the left is a male and right is a female.

This is my Original Sour Diesel
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
6-22 Update

6-22 Update

Blue Thai

Critical Cheese

Kush n Cheese

EDY

This is my Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4.
I hope you all have a great weekend! Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Beautiful Ladies

Beautiful Ladies

Hello all, I just had to put up a few more pictures. It's hot, humid and a couple heavy down pours.

This is an Original Glue. I don't know the breeder of this line. It's a shame as she really seems to be a solid line.

This is a Bubba Kush x PCK.

This is my EDY, A Congo/Himalayan hybrid created in Spain. Everything about this plant is amazing.

This is a Kush n Cheese from Dinafem.
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
More girls

More girls

This is a Critical Cheese from Dinafem.

This is a Blue Thai from Dinafem. There is very little Thai influence in her. I have two Blueberries going from DJ Short. The Blue side of this Thai is supposed to be DJ's Blueberry. I don't see any actual Blueberry in this cross. For an f1 there should be some noticeable expression. It may end up being a decent or even a good plant. But it isn't a Blueberry or a Thia in my opinion.
I will see soon enough as flowering is just getting under way. Have a great upcoming week and happy growing! Peace :tiphat:

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome greenhouse, FL! Lots of things being done right here.

Only thing I might do different at this point is to start a cover crop in each pot before transplanting. This ensures you’ve already warmed up the engine before the plants take a seat. To each his own though...you gotta do what works for you.

I’ve also heard that planting beneficial insect plants like marigolds near the trees will help with insect suppression/diversion, but I have no direct experience using them myself...just taking in observations from others.

Speaking of trees, how tall is that ceiling, FL? Some of those varieties I see on your list are gonna be big girls for sure...you’ll be crawling around in there to prune in no time, lol. You could always top them, I suppose.

Best of luck on the season!

HB.
My mom has had vegetable gardens as long as I can remember, and she always has a perimeter of Marigolds around the entire garden. She swears by them, and rarely has bugs chewing on anything.

packerfan79

Veteran
Looking farmerlion,

Looks like you got more indica Dom girls this time. I am envious you get grow all those awesome Sativas. I have never grown anything sativa. I am stuck with limited heigth . But we are planning on moving , I will be looking for some secluded acerage. That's still a few years away.

Everything is looking great farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Got Bud, I don't know much about secondary planting. Marigolds sound good, I'm afraid of picking something bugs would love.

Packerfan79, great to see you around my friend. The sativa plants are my favorites, but the light cycle needed doesn't work well here. I'm hoping the Bangi Haze and the Lebanese will fill the need. Good luck on finding the perfect place to live and grow. Peace brother

Latest posts

Latest posts