in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Leaf Compost

Thread Title Search
Leaf Compost Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2020, 08:43 PM #1
Robbig22

Robbig22 is on a distinguished road
Leaf Compost

Hi I have access to Leaf compost. I might be dumb but is leaf compost the same as compost. I want to use it in coots mix. I can get municipality green bin compost also. Which one is better or is it all the same. Thanks for any help
Robbig22 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:15 PM #2
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivortroutman is a survivor
Composted leaves are good normally. It's what keeps forest green.

Old 09-30-2020, 01:07 AM #3
40degsouth

40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice40degsouth is just really nice
Hi everyone, l hope you’re all well,
I’d be very careful of municipal “green” waste Robbig22. My experience with it is that it’s full of plastic, that l couldn’t see when l inspected it because it was so small and it was very heavy; i.e. no aeration when it settled because of to many fine particles. I’d also be worried about pathogen and pest transfer.
Cheers,
40degsouth is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:18 AM #4
dufous

dufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud ofdufous has much to be proud of
Leaf compost is good as a soil amendment, but lacks nutrition (nitrogen).

Green bin compost is what it is. Find out what that is. From what is it made?
dufous is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2020, 01:18 AM #5
Veggia farmer

Veggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud ofVeggia farmer has much to be proud of
My teacher said it wad good for fungus growth.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:34 PM #6
Creeperpark

Creeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of lightCreeperpark is a glorious beacon of light
Leaves are a good source of carbon in your soil. You will need to add extra nitrogen to the mix or the breaking down of the leaves will cause a nitrogen deficiency in the grow.
Creeperpark is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2020, 06:09 PM #7
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really niceGrapefruitroop is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40degsouth View Post
Hi everyone, l hope you’re all well,
I’d be very careful of municipal “green” waste Robbig22. My experience with it is that it’s full of plastic, that l couldn’t see when l inspected it because it was so small and it was very heavy; i.e. no aeration when it settled because of to many fine particles. I’d also be worried about pathogen and pest transfer.
Cheers,

Leaf compost is awesome but municipal compost def no! Beside the unknown foreign materials, i had a problem with the pine needle composting makin it super acidic

i also got areation problems...so i guess you could be lucky or not....better avoid for cannabis

Every piece of information or picture posted has nothing to do with reality
Grapefruitroop is offline Quote