What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Soil grow, do u flush?

By flushing I don't mean drowning the plants in water but more like do u guys stop feeding and just water with plain water up until harvest, or do u feed up until harvest? Is there a difference? Tomorrow is the last day im watering the ladies then on Saturday it's chop time so I was thinking if I feed them one last time tomorrow will I benefit from it and will the smoke be harsh or anything? I have been watering them with straight water for 2 weeks now. Was thinking of feeding them some nutes tomorrow and see if I can get them to pack on any more weight until Saturday?

The only thing I flush is my toilet. I feed to the end. Than again I run a perpetual soil. As soon as it's done it's re-ammended and put back into service. In fact the last week I feed the veg guano recipe on Burn 1's organic for beginners.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have to admit I am too lazy to modify my program so that my soil runs out of food at harvest. I respect your skills VG you are fine master gardener but I like just adding in compost after a run to my soil and letting it fly. Some yellow and some don't but it all smokes well enough for me so I don't really care.

hey rs i'm generally pretty relaxed myself with my approach to organic gardening - all the other crops and ornamentals i grow i tend to mix soil etc just by eye and texture, i actually earn my living as an organic gardener/garden designer too - so sometimes it's hard to have the enthusiasm to do it all 'perfectly' .

growing weed is the exception for me - i try to use a different approach and do everything very accurately, i find the incentive of great weed to smoke makes me go that extra mile. probably not necessary but with a small setup like mine it makes sense to try and get as much out of it as i can.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds reasonable to me!

what about Ca, K, etc? what about which sugars are found in senescing plants vs. healthy ones?

erm, not sure.

recently its occurred to me that most organic P sources also contain calcium and are natural liming agents that will increase pH of the soil. i was wondering if all the Rock phosphate and rock guano i add (which is pretty much the same as rock phosphate i think) may be detrimental.
what do you think?

VG

mad librettist

Veteran
erm, not sure.

recently its occurred to me that most organic P sources also contain calcium and are natural liming agents that will increase pH of the soil. i was wondering if all the Rock phosphate and rock guano i add (which is pretty much the same as rock phosphate i think) may be detrimental.
what do you think?

VG

so many data points we don't have!

reading some pages on tobacco, it seems mineral balance (not just totals) has an effect on taste

S

SeaMaiden

erm, not sure.

what do you think?

VG
If I understand an article I recently read in Acres, USA, it's not the Ca itself that shifts or even really has an effect on pH, it's carbonates (CO3? I don't know if all carbonates are that form). I'll have to read through it again, make sure I'm understanding what I read correctly.

Latest posts

Latest posts