What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you favorite trimming shears?

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've been using the Fiskars micro-tip pruning snips for several years and really like them. I just picked up the non-stick version of these that they recently released. I'll have to see if they're really non-stick after going through some resinous buds. :biggrin:

I honestly hate trimming. It's the only thing about pot that I dread doing. I remember the first harvest I did I was so stoked to get the chance to trim my own final product. About an ounce in I was like "well this sucks, no wonder people hire others to do this." Since then I've gotten more efficient at my technique and have been trimming the buds after they are dry so I don't have to do them all at once. Still think it sucks though.

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
Fiskars all the way, just got some packs of the titanium ones, we shall see if they stick less lol

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
fiskars. i been keeping a eye on handheld electric scissor tech its come along way in past few years. until then snip snip

F

Frylock

I used to use whatever scissors were laying around but then i saw that a lot of people used the same Fiskars micro tip scissors on the internet, so i ordered some for myself just out of curiosity why so many people seemed to be using them.... so i'm just a copycat.... but they are very good :)

Lrus007

Veteran
5" pair of hair cutting scissors.
made in italy were like $120.
that was 15+ years ago work great still.
i went to a wholesale hair cutting shop.
i had them take many pairs out of cabinet
for me. found a pair i liked feel of. so had
lady set out all of that style. i tried each pair
with eyes closed for feel. one set felt the best.
i bought them and lady says you take pride in
your haircutting. i said yes i do a lot of trims. lol
many 12 hour days behind those scissors.
i use fly tying scissors to de stem with.
Lrus007

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Fiskars...the normal ones... I tried the titanium and when I used razor blades to clean them it removed the coating... I feel like they stick just as much ....Loosen the screw on the Fiskars you can fly with them

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Just noticed my typo in the thread title lol. But yeah, I think the Fiskars won some sort of award for being the best pruner for people with arthritis or something like that. I used regular scissors before and man was that a pain, literally. The Fiskars are very comfortable and easy on the hands. The cap they come with is also a nice touch.

To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.

Fiskars...the normal ones... I tried the titanium and when I used razor blades to clean them it removed the coating... I feel like they stick just as much ....Loosen the screw on the Fiskars you can fly with them

coating ? when i paid cash for a grinder it did what ? lol.

I used to use whatever scissors were laying around but then i saw that a lot of people used the same Fiskars micro tip scissors on the internet, so i ordered some for myself just out of curiosity why so many people seemed to be using them.... so i'm just a copycat.... but they are very good :)

Same here.
Well, im still at using the 'whatever scissors' stage.
Will try new ones this next chop session.

No wonder my hands and fingers ache for days.
Im left handed aswell, so constantly using right handed scissors makes it
harder on my wrist, just to cut rather than make a bend in a leaf.

Kinda looking forward to chopping now, which ive never done before.

Thanks to the thread starter , and all contributions to the thread. :tiphat:
I gotta keep it moving. getting some Fiskars asap.

dirty dirty selling 1 inch ti plates for $500 @ cant remember. why should i. no clue what the price is on that. its $550 back. them same old chicks. bout my grip. i barely feed a bitch.

telling them hommies about this shit.

highsteppa

Veteran
Chikamasa...once I got used to them fiskars became obsolete. They’re faster, more precise and best of all no hand fatigue

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fiskars micro sheers are hands down my favorite.

They're spring loaded to save fatigue on your paws and they're the best, IME, at getting deep within the nugs if needed/desired.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
Just noticed my typo in the thread title lol. But yeah, I think the Fiskars won some sort of award for being the best pruner for people with arthritis or something like that. I used regular scissors before and man was that a pain, literally. The Fiskars are very comfortable and easy on the hands. The cap they come with is also a nice touch.

To clean mine I soak the blades in rubbing alcohol and wipe them off with a paper towel or old rag. I know it's a waste of hash, but I could care less when there is a large pile of buds in front of me.

im same soak and wipe stop scraping them awhile ago found it damages the blade. i do go pop a spring here n there they are cheap tho

Dankwolf

Soak in cooking oil instead . you will never go back to the alchol . just remember to wipe excess oil off .

redlaser

Veteran
im same soak and wipe stop scraping them awhile ago found it damages the blade. i do go pop a spring here n there they are cheap tho

Fiskar will send you free springs if you ask for them. I emailed them expecting to buy, told them three out of eight broke, they sent eight free springs. Was a couple months ago.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Count me in for Chikamasa b-500something. I don't have the curved blades, I'm not sure what the model is I'll see if I can find the packaging. Make sure you get the ones with the fluorine coating. Makes cleaning them a breeze, just dip into iso every 20 minutes or so and wipe clean. When I was using normal sewing scissors to trim they were getting gummed up so fast.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts