What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spyderweb "single bladed leaf" pheno

canned abyss1

Veteran
This is a pheno of Spyderweb that has single bladed leaves, it looks more like elm or nettle than cannabis (perfect for guerilla grows). I am going to work with this pheno in hopes of locking in this trait. If everything works out it will be a purple single bladed autoflower variety.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

SpaceBros.

Yeah I had two different strains doing this. It's was some kind of grow error on my part. The plants reverted to regular growth once I got my grow under control. I guess your plant has similar sensitivities since the leaves don't look nice and healthy.

canned abyss1

Veteran
Yeah I had two different strains doing this. It's was some kind of grow error on my part. The plants reverted to regular growth once I got my grow under control. I guess your plant has similar sensitivities since the leaves don't look nice and healthy.

This is not due to a grow error, this is a webbed auto variety from seed, every other plant exhibited the webbed trait except this one. I believe this is a mutation of the webbed leaf trait.

SpaceBros.

This is not due to a grow error, this is a webbed auto variety from seed, every other plant exhibited the webbed trait except this one. I believe this is a mutation of the webbed leaf trait.

You could be right about the mutation. I was able to get very similar results via environmental stress from a non-auto, standard leafed variety however. I'm guessing it will sort itself out come flower time to a certain degree.

Psyco G

Take cuttings from a plant in flower and they grow with single bladed leaves for ages, they sort themselves out but some only go to three fingered.

I would love to see a single bladed leaf plant grown from seed and single bladed from the get go, awsome idea if you could pull it off, I'd buy a pack

Psyco G

Take cuttings from a plant in flower and they grow with single bladed leaves for ages, they sort themselves out but some only go to three fingered.

I would love to see a single bladed leaf plant grown from seed every time or at least a high % and single bladed from the get go, awsome idea if you can pull it off, I'd buy a pack good luck I have my fingers crossed somthing your plants can't do.

It would be interesting to see if clones from that will be the same, are you sure it's not stressed, it doesn't look to happy.

J-Icky

This would be awesome if you could produce an entire seed line that grows like this.

The only problem I see is that when it flowers that the buds will always be a dead give away that its cannabis, to me at least. Thats the problem with having seen so many pics, plants and knowing the cannabis plant so well. To me the leaves could look like anything but once in full flower the buds would instantly scream "thats cannabis".
To know if it would actually look you'd need to take a bunch of cops, smokers and just random non-cannabis people and show them a bunch of pics. Not only of this plant in veg and flower, but regular cannabis plants, along with other plants that can look like cannabis in either leaf shape, growth or flower. I know in my area we have a plant that looks like a small cannabis plant in veg. It has serrated 5-7 bladed leaves but are rounded at the tips instead of coming to a point. they also have a small yellow flower at the ends of the branches in flowering instead of growing buds on the stems. They also have a "hairy" stem and bud after the flowers close into a bud.

canned abyss1

Veteran
It has shown this trait since it sprouted, it is not due to being in flower or revegging or stress etc., every other seed of Spyderweb has the web trait except this one. This is an autoflowering variety so cloning isnt an option. These pictures show that it is this way all the way down to the base (cotyledons).

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

oceangrownkush

Veteran
You could clone it, and reverse the clone to make s1 seed. Would just have to be quick on your toes to make it happen, autos can be cloned they just can't stay in veg..

canned abyss1

Veteran
You could clone it, and reverse the clone to make s1 seed. Would just have to be quick on your toes to make it happen, autos can be cloned they just can't stay in veg..

I should have worded that differently, it's not that it can't be cloned it's just not practical to clone autos. I am going to pollinate it with several Spyderweb males and then grow those out and select the single leaf phenos (if they show) then keep selecting this trait over several generations until it is stable.

Latest posts

Latest posts