What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seeds under $50.00 but the final product was Elite!

there goes edro

Veteran
We all know that within any given MJ bag seed lies the potential for greatness, which got me to thinking how many people have popped random bag seeds or seeds under 50.00 but the final product was truly elite. I came across a special pheno of Mandala's Hasberry that was special. The plant was stout, didn't stretchuch in flowering. The buds were dense as hell ( only had 150w for flower back then). The buds had a beautiful purple tinge to them that reeked of garlic but had a sweet berry taste to them. Think I paid 30.00 for that pack. Also popped some random bag seeds and found the most trich covered plant I have ever grown. I remember being disappointed with all the other plants but this one stood out above the test. Dripping with trichs and had a very intense hashy taste to her. The high would hit you like a indica hammer. Good times!! So with that being said I know with all the experience growers here there should be some interesting finds. Let's hear em IC!

jayjayfrank

Veteran
cannacopia - chunky cheese, babba kush, probably the rest too

at $60 all the chimera, ace, cannabiogen, sol

HeriMarry

Selene ,great high,good to great yields,excellent smell an taste,purple color.

Most seeds I have purchased in the last 10 years ended up having a boring /muddy high.I was surprised at Selene's high with just enough body with the rest being in the head an plus there was zero tolerance build up, the more you smoked the higher you get. I Picked up the Selene because I missed out on the Madonna.Trying the Extrama an the Miss U Jack freebies now.

bigbag

Veteran
many, back in the Emery daze...mighty mite seed co, willy jacks knocks, east island, etc all had gems for $40-50

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Does seeds I bought during the 20th century count? I can't remember paying more than $50 for any bag of seeds up until 2007 or so...

I just picked up a bag of Peyote Purple from Cannabiogen for $50, but your thread title says under $50, so had it been $49.90 it would have qualified, right?

there goes edro

Veteran
@JJF. Cannacopia's Lapis Mount Indica def on my list to acquire soon!
Chimera's Mental Floss and GF X BB made my list also!

@Supreme1. Bean Hoarder Blockhead crosses intrigue me also. How the customer service at Hemp Depot? Never ordered from them before.

@HeriMarry. Selene def a favorite also! Got 5 more seeds to pop next run.

Still kickin myself in the ass for not learning about cloning methods! I'm going to change that soon!! Thanks for your input IC!! Keep em' coming!!

there goes edro

Veteran
Does seeds I bought during the 20th century count? I can't remember paying more than $50 for any bag of seeds up until 2007 or so...

I just picked up a bag of Peyote Purple from Cannabiogen for $50, but your thread title says under $50, so had it been $49.90 it would have qualified, right?

Dont care when just wanted to share stories of bag and cheap seeds that had amazing finished product. We'll count Peoyte Purp too, not trying to get technical here. Lol! Have you ran PP before? I did but I feel I harvested too soon and didn't get the best out of her got one going now, see!

harry74

Veteran
KushBerry PeaKSeedsBC 40$ 10 seeds. Pic 1 indoors organic
Pic 2 outdoors organic also.
Quite nice smoke
:witch2:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Well, lets see... I bought a bunch of different Nirvana strains that, at the time, were being discontinued, and out of two packs I've ran, I got two keepers that I'll keep as long as I can, and those packs were $17 a pop. I've also gotten great plants out of freebies, especially those by IC members. Ran a Powerhouse x C99 for a while made by IC members. For years I received Sam's haze and Durban crosses, in fact I'm germinating an old pack of OH x SK1 now, with males in mind. Not to even mention the crosses that are sold on seedbay for under $50. A little research and you can find some fire! :)

Three plants from under $50 packs:

Useful Idiot

Veteran
Well, lets see... I bought a bunch of different Nirvana strains that, at the time, were being discontinued, and out of two packs I've ran, I got two keepers that I'll keep as long as I can, and those packs were $17 a pop. I've also gotten great plants out of freebies, especially those by IC members. Ran a Powerhouse x C99 for a while made by IC members. For years I received Sam's haze and Durban crosses, in fact I'm germinating an old pack of OH x SK1 now, with males in mind. Not to even mention the crosses that are sold on seedbay for under $50. A little research and you can find some fire! :)

Three plants from under $50 packs:
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=40913&pictureid=968089&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=43453&pictureid=1082035&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=41219&pictureid=1002752&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
I purchased some of those packs as well. Which ones did you grow??:thank you:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
word.... Seedbay Server Fund.... got hold of bitys magic beans....the shishkaberry cross was WICKED good.......

Dirt Life

Veteran
I purchased some of those packs as well. Which ones did you grow??:thank you:

I bought the NL X Shiva in '09 when they were discontinued, and the Haze19 X Skunk in 2010, when they were discontinued. Had bad germ rates on the former (5 out of 10), and horrible germ rates of the latter (1 out of 10), so they were/are really old. Still have several other packs I've been sitting on. Tried germinating 4 Maroc X Afghan, but nothing popped.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Eskobars Cheeseberry Haze was a very good strain.

I got all females and only one male, every female was great. high yields and heavy stink.

I think I paid like 35$ for them

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just finished Classic Seeds Humboldt Purple and this indica is among my favorites now.

Have heard nothing but good things about his strains. About $45 per ten pack of regulars.

Rastatrue

Back in the 20th century I saved my seeds. When $50 would buy an oz + 12 pack of Heinekins. Back then weed came in bales/bundles. Seeds were a problems so I found a solution. About once a year I'd trade my saved seeds back to the dealer for more weed.
Can't buy seeds where I live but I'm still collecting. It comes down to time/ space but popping those bag seeds still produces some real special buds. This past year I grew out 9 female plants out of 12+ popped beans. Smoked them all but one turned out to be a stinky afghan, sweet as a ripe pomagranite. Revegged, cloned and in my current garden. Time/space and patience. Thanks to Jah Rastafari for the blessing. Nothing wrong with buying seeds if you can. I still rather buy weed and search & save seeds. I'm growing a sacrament not a commercial product.

Lazuli

cannacopia - lapis mnt indica
mandala - mandala#1,satori,sadhu
peakseedsbc - nl x purple kush,nl x skunk
S@nnie - herijuana,extrema

Fractals Strawberry Diesel IX, Deep Strawberry Diesel. I have a female Strawberry Diesel Kush in flower right now but too early to tell. Everything I've had from that line is fire!

Latest posts

Latest posts