What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are cannabis seeds legal in India?

hom

Veteran
Hello all. Am planning a trip to India soon and was wondering about the legality of cannabis seeds over there. I cant seem to find anything online but do know the locals sometimes use it for cooking and ayurvedic medicine. Also in some cities they have government run bhang shops selling weed lassi and loose ganja. If anyone has any details they would be much appreciated. I don't fancy getting thrown in jail for a kilo of seeds......cheers

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Hello hom,

India has 28 different states and different legislations in every state, so you must be more specific in your search. It is culturally and socially accepted almost everywhere, I don't think you would have any problems with seeds. Keep it stealth just in case, you never know what corrupted cops can come up with...

B

buddymate

Also in some cities they have government run bhang shops selling weed lassi
There used to be a legal Bhang shop in jaisalmer,havent been there for years so I dont know if its still open?Enjoy your trip.

hom

Veteran
Cheers for all the replies. I plan on getting back into himachal pradesh and also kashmir on my seed quest. Hopefully they are legal and there should not be a problem sending them home. Also legal here in ireland where I live. Happy days.