What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Medications we should probably all have?

b8man

Veteran
Disclaimer: This is hypothetical. I'm not encouraging anyone to go out and buy illegal substances. Hope i'm not breaking the TOU.

Recently in the UK it was revealed that doctors were generally reluctant to prescribe strong pain medications (opiates) to people in extreme pain. This is supposed to be corrected, but it does get me thinking about what medications are so important that you can't rely on the NHS and just hope they've got it in the budget to prescribe if you get sick. Personally i've experienced the budget cuts with refusal to send out ambulances, an over reliance on paracetamol and reluctance to take xrays in the E.R. so do believe that they would currently prefer to withhold what they deem non-essential treatments.

So what would you like not to be without if bad times hit?

I'll start with:

Antibiotics
Valium
Sleeping pills?
A strong indica
A box of asthma inhalers (why are these so restricted in the uk?)

SetHeh

• Opium (made from opium poppy [Papaver somniferum]): it's 100% natural and a very effective painkiller, if milder drugs (like Aspirin, white willow bark, or cannabis) don't work. But be careful as prolonged use quickly leads to psychological & physical addiction. Can be overdosed, especially in tea form! Usage: smoked via bong, vaporized, or as tea. Educate yourself thoroughly before use!
  • White willow bark: natural Aspirin. Used against flu, headache, joint pain and pain in general, osteoarthritis etc. [more...]
  • Tea mixture of thyme, althea officinalis, sage, narrowleaf plantain, and ginger: excellent for treating symptoms of colds, lung and upper airway infections, stomach infections etc..
  • Juniper gin/schnapps and/or raw juniper berries: from my experiences it works miracles on upset stomach and mild food poisoning. It's antiseptic. [more...]
  • Bilberries: tea is good against diarrhea. [more...]
  • Neti pot: used with salt water for nasal irrigation to flush out excess mucus. [more...]

Nader

Veteran
gynostemma
cordyceps
chaga
organic grassfed dairy
fresh eggs
fish
coconut oil
helichrysum italicum essential oil
ravensara essential oil
eucalyptus essential oil
tea tree essential oil
jatamansi essential oil
THC and CBD-rich bud

all have their role to maintain and/or restore health

djonkoman

Veteran
nothing, I rarely go to the doctor and don't think I have ever taken a pill in my life, not really sure but I can't remember ever taking a pill. I had surgery on my eyes when I was young(I'm crosseyed, altough cannabis fixes that strangely enough), but I can only remember getting narcotics to go to sleep for surgery but as far as I can remember I didn't have to take any medications afterwards.
and I've never had aspirin or paracetamol or so, as a kid I never saw the pont in fighting symptoms while the underlying cause(the sckness) was still there and would just go away after a few days max., and as I got older I got to see the point in fighting the symptoms but by then I was already smoking and discovered weed works wonders for headaches and other cold/flu syptoms.

so I would only want weed, I can easily do without the rest. I would like to know about medicinal local plants tough. (btw, for people who can't do without aspirine, there is a natural form of aspirine in willow)

Green lung

Veteran
-Powdered Rhino horn.

-Tiger testicles.

-roots.

-dried snake gall bladder.

-dried whale peckers.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
fleer enema

brucemedical2076911967.jpg

rectal thermometer

531_0212.jpg

suppositories

supposte.jpg

b8man

Veteran
For some it's the mortal fear of waking up without their trusty rectal thermometer. That's fine.

Is opium still something that exists as a street drug? I thought all the opium would be processed into heroin these days. The only place I was being offered opium was SE Asia.

All hypothetical still.

I

Iron_Lion

Apple cider vinegar
Olive oil
Fish oil
Potassium iodide
Hemp seed anything
multi vitamin
lots of MJ, for the mind, body and soul :)

xanax
im also pissed off about asthma inhalers, they stopped selling them because i guess you can get high or make meth out of them. so i had to buy some bullshit OTC pills, how the fuck do pills cure asthma, stupid pharmacists.

GetUpStandUp

Disclaimer: This is hypothetical. I'm not encouraging anyone to go out and buy illegal substances. Hope i'm not breaking the TOU.

Recently in the UK it was revealed that doctors were generally reluctant to prescribe strong pain medications (opiates) to people in extreme pain. This is supposed to be corrected, but it does get me thinking about what medications are so important that you can't rely on the NHS and just hope they've got it in the budget to prescribe if you get sick. Personally i've experienced the budget cuts with refusal to send out ambulances, an over reliance on paracetamol and reluctance to take xrays in the E.R. so do believe that they would currently prefer to withhold what they deem non-essential treatments.

So what would you like not to be without if bad times hit?

I'll start with:

Antibiotics
Valium
Sleeping pills?
A strong indica
A box of asthma inhalers (why are these so restricted in the uk?)
I would like to put some good things to grow along with MJ for meds,
Wormwood, red carrots, garlic, tyme, and all forms of tomatos.

SetHeh

I have many good books about medicinal herbs, but they're in my native language which isn't English. I googled "best medicinal herbs books" and found this list of books in English. Some seem OK. In my opinion, very few things can compare to the healing power of Mother Nature. We have created all these synthetic drugs which mimic natural substances, but most of them have serious side effects, whereas properly used medicinal herbs are much safer. I believe people should learn how to use medicinal plants—you'd be surprised how many plants there are that heal virtually every illness known to mankind.

Big Pharma doesn't want you to know about this, because they would loose tremendous amounts of money, if suddenly people knew how to treat their conditions with plants that grown naturally on the planet and can't be patented.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well it's tough to say what we need as everyone needs different things. So rather then saying what we should have I'd rather say what we shouldn't have which is any new medicine where the potential side effects are worse then the condition being treated. Like for example any medicine where a potential side effect is suicidal thoughts. What good is it to treat someone for a condition if the treatment makes the patient want to kill themselves?

Of course this will never happen because it's all these new medicines with mind boggling side effects that the pharmacueticals make most of thier money off of.

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For some it's the mortal fear of waking up without their trusty rectal thermometer. That's fine.

Is opium still something that exists as a street drug? I thought all the opium would be processed into heroin these days. The only place I was being offered opium was SE Asia.

All hypothetical still.

Tried it once years ago...Then my last trip to Thailand,i was walking through Chinatown really early in the morning noone around ..And a shop owner with his door up ...someone blew a
huge cloud right in my face ,as i walked past.....Next time im finding that shit.......

Recommended drugs

Fish oil for omega 3
vitamins everyday
Gabapentin (neurotin) for anxiety and nerve pain

and ill leave the ones out ...i really like..