What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Older Grower Seeks Opinions.

Bruja64

Hi Old Stoners~ Am thinking I should be on this forum, as I am 48 and been smoking for quite a few years.
Having said that, I have only been growing about 7 years.
Have been meticulous with my growing, and always had good---to great results. Except something weird happened this last time.

Early on in the veg process, I had to move my girls to another room(had to have business repair man over, and needed the girls in an unobtrusive place). So, finally I decided on the reading window. What the hell...I knew it would through them into flower, but my choices were limited as to a safe area.
2 weeks later, after all the repair men had come and gone---washer/dryer issues where parts had to be ordered---I move my sweet girls back into their area. Lights set up and ready to roll on 12/12.
About 2-3 weeks into flower I notice one of my girls has nads! (as in gonads lol). However, she still has pistons and they are quite lovely. Never had this happen!!! But I refused to cull her/him. She started as a girl, and I know the trip to the other room stressed her into this hermie state.

Her nodes are about 2inches apart, but her buds are FAT and trichy! Really sticky and nice..
When I first saw the "balls" I picked them off, but the seeds looked very underdeveloped.
Now I have notice my other girls (that look great, and are flowering beautifully, with nodes not even an inch apart), they have really fat buds(bigger than I have ever seen), with pistons coming out. So, I picked one, open it, and low and behold: An undeveloped(teensy) seed was inside.

Have any of you had experience with this?? What was the smoke like(because I am not throwing them out), and did I make the right decision keeping the girl that first hermied?

BTW---the girl that hermmied is BubbleHead, and the other two are Kaya Gold. Don't think that matters, but just thought I would add it.

Anyway, they have another 3 weeks to flower(at least). When they are done, I will try and post some pics. Very interesting, that BubbleHead girl. Ah diversity! Gotta love it.

Any thoughts, experiences,input is VERY much appreciated!

Peace out~ :thank you: (and sorry so long)

Bruja64

p.s. on above post. I already knew the girls were female, because I had put all 6 (when I started) into flower a week or so before repair man came(had to cull 3 males)
Forgot that. But I KNEW being in that darn window was going to stress them!

greenpinky

Seems like u just grow for personal, id keep all of them going, if u get seeds then u got somethin for next year, the hermi issue might of been the enviorment,,,, so bud with seed is good too.....glass half full

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
sounds like they got stressed & went the other way. How much light were they getting prior to the move and how much light did they get whilst in their temporary locale?

S

Space Ghost

Your plants that are truly female (sans gonads) are probably not pollinated, every calyx has a female gamete (egg, or ovule) in it, that is easily mistaken for an early seed. They are visible from the naked eye and are nothing to worry about.

Good luck

SG

Last edited:

Bruja64

Thanks for all the responses so quickly. ;)
Yes, Greenpinky, I do grow for personal use. And will keep them going.

Dubwise, they were getting LOTS of light before I had to move them to the window in the reading room. Already on a 12/12 schedule. In the window it was semi-light, then dark for them. Also a computer room for my partner, so they got a bit of unexpected light at wee hours of the night(ugh). Just was not an ideal situation, but as I said, it was the best I could do for that time.

Space Ghost~ I know they WERE all female, however the one absolutely developed gonads. Then sort of "petered" out on that, but the ones I didn't pick off have these half assed withered seeds in them.lol. Weird. However, like I said, the are sticky as all hell.

The other two girls just have super fat buds---they look great, but I have never seen buds that big on the females before. Hopefully this Kaya Gold will be a really good pain reliever! Any of you all ever grown this strain? Or Bubble Head? Both are new for me.

Any other input is more than welcome. And would like to know if any of you all have ever had a hermie, and what you did with it, and if you kept it how was the smoke?

Namaste~ and thanks again!

dddaver

Veteran
PistaLs. :) From my understanding any seeds that do develop on the other females will be feminized because they were made from the pollen from a female, whereas the seeds on the original hermied female can produce both females or other hermies, so win-win on the moving. Not so bad. Enjoy.

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
The weed can be fine, or different, strains vary, some improve when seeded. The next cycle should tell you if the gals are a problem or not, and if the weed does the trick, that is what matters. Make sure to give the herb at least two months to cure.
H

Latest posts

Latest posts