What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis...drug or, good nutrition?

MostHigh

Consider...a proper diet, with essential minerals, and compounds, keeps the body in a healthy state. Able to fend off both disease as well as wear and tear.

Consider, the human body has cannabinoid receptors in both the brain and throughout the central nervous system. Actual, tailored made receptors...that are present for one purpose and one purpose only. Cannabinoids, don't just happen to stick to human cells...they've their own welcome mat in all of us.

Consider...any compound or substance with a natural fit to human physiology, does the body good.

Leading me to wonder...is nature's finest a true drug? Or a nutritional substance the body renders into keeping itself fit and healthy?

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Re: Cannabis...drug or, good nutrition?

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS!

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Consider, the human body has cannabinoid receptors in both the brain and throughout the central nervous system. Actual, tailored made receptors...that are present for one purpose and one purpose only. Cannabinoids, don't just happen to stick to human cells...they've their own welcome mat in all of us.

Hate to say it, but couldn't you say the same thing about opiods?

L

longearedfriend

if you believe that smoking marijuana is harmless, and even believe that it's healthy....

your in for a real surprise

Last edited:

fungzyme

Hey, I have nicotinic receptors too! Does that mean cigarettes are like vitamins?

The body doesn't have receptors for cannabis or opiods - it has these receptors for chemical messengers that it produces internally. No external compounds necessary. The receptors are named after the external chemicals because the use of these compounds (that mimic the body's own endorphins or endocannabinoids) made scientists look for how and where they have their effect in the human body.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Hate to say it, but couldn't you say the same thing about opiods?

Yes you could although opiods are only bad when abused just as many things considered nutritional can also be bad when abused. For example a number of the vitamins and minerals essential to healthy functioning of the body have levels that are toxic and cause harm if those levels are reached.

Just because something can be abused doesn't automatically make it bad.

thcglory

Cannabis...drug or, good nutrition?

Herb,yea drug, shrug. Makes you HUNGRy sometimes.. ;) Munchies = food so, good nutes for ya.Depends what you eat tho.Big lol that.. I remember last time munchies kicked in i ate something like 500 candy shrimps that night and the following morning. Raspberry flavour ;). I was like this lol :bigeye:

Rock on. tE