What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Started exercising

L

longearedfriend

My school offers a gym (don't have a membership yet, will at begining of march)

and a swmming pool (free for students)

I decided it was time to get in shape, during summertime I can bike, walk.. winter time I sometimes do less exercise.

I plan to go do cardio 4X a week

doc said swimming is good for the back
she also recommended light yoga and pilates

I feel so proud of myself did 40 mins of laps (haha not non-stop)

bought a lock for the locker, a gym bag, I am set

now all I have to do, is keep going

LOL I felt ridiculous when I was so exhausted after only a little bit of swimming, but still proud that I was out there doing it

:)

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Congrats.

I salute your choice to get in shape.

Health is your wealth.

I am also working out again.

It hurts at first, but I feel great.

Hope your have a great diet.

I need to tighten mine up.

Stay at it.
You'll be happy you did.

Peace.

SpayceRayce

I was so motivated by your post that I got up, walked to the kitchen and got a slice of pizza for my son and I. Thanks.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i might get up right now,,

fuck it

you cant beat swimming its actually good for your joints as well where as most fitness people do is bad for the joints,, great cardio, good core strength,, but i dont exercise, too many days of hardwork to come,,,

BudToaster

Veteran
congratulations on your new start. i find aerobic exercise (NordicTrack) lets me make smarter food choices -- real food, whole food, slow cooked food.

supermanlives

Veteran
you feel rediculous after swimming wait till you try yoga. make sure the women in the class are all ugly cause they will soon be laughing at you. this i know, i aint going back without being stoned and on some kind of painkiller. i aint made to do those positions

L

LouDog420

Ya gotta rock the speedo bro :moon:...

You'd be surprised how much easier it is to swim without those big ass shorts 'aka swimsuits'. Even less drag than swimming with my man rudder down ;)

Not to mention the red eyes... Just the chlorine friend :smoke:

Swimming's a great stoner sport

gOurd^jr.

Way to go longearedfriend, Exercising regularly is one of the most important things to do for your health and longevity. Diet is also critical though. Most (americans at least) eat a horrendous diet of toxic and highly processed foods. Agribusiness and the food market has gotten its hooks in so deep its all thats on the shelves in many urban areas. But with some effort you can break free and find real, healthy food to eat.
Whole foods, locally grown foods, raw fruits and veggies.
Diet + Exercise = long healthy life to enjoy :)

Snoopster

Veteran
I exercise 3-4 times a week.
I love to get high first, as soon as I am sweating the high is pretty much gone.
You can have two first bong hits of the day in one day.

win-win-win

Nader

Veteran
Good shit... stay compliant or don't bother.

I get my exercise by being an extreme gardener year-round. I actually almost have abs!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Wish I could swim, but I gots no pool. I do a few minutes of simple cardio, walking in place within a half hour of waking up, this gets the metabolism going for the day, then two long dog walks keeps me going every day. Feel much better than when I just sat on my ass.
H

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I run 12K every morning, then do 50 pull-ups and rip off 250 sit-ups.

Wait, wait. That was a dream. I'm 40 pounds overweight and just celebrated by 50th birthday on Saturday. I ain't likely to leave the couch anytime soon.

L

longearedfriend

hey thanks everyone

even to you skullznroses :)

I forgot I had made this thread

Speedos are very aerodynamic, maybe I will eventually get one. I used to wear them when I was much younger
in high school everyone had long shorts, not sure if that's the reason I started wearing them too

I agree with whoever said that
saying it is one thing, but committing, now that's something else

maybe this thread will be useful for updating and motivating myself

L

longearedfriend

yes, but everyone be careful if you start that stuff, there are a lot of people that get hurt because they do not know what they are doing or because they don't get enough supervision :)