What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunny's Magus Grow..done!! Grow Report

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
:D @ bartender... they actually do get smaller and smaller.... lol
she look healthy??
1654leaf_1-med.JPG

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
^
Haha... Yeah, upon closer inspection they do... I was thinkin' more along the lines of Alice and Wonderland style :D

bartender187

G

Outta control!!!

Sunny... you're doing it right... this will be an awesome grow for you... but... I can't wait to see the completed room.

4 - 600 watters is like my dream system... I WILL have that setup eventually.

I'm checked in on this grow for sure.

glad you decided to start a thread bro, looking good.

EDIT: NVRMD I see that you started 12/12 when you switched lights. Can't wait to see them in a few weeks

BTW that mum does look quite tasty :)

Last edited:
G

Okay yall show off!!!

Okay yall show off!!!

Sunnyside and Southern,

What are yall trying to do to me...give me a heart attack. Looks like i'm going to have to join yall in a few months. Guess i need to check the airlines and get my ticket before it's all gonzo.

:wave: Just sayin HIGH

Keep it up Sunnyside you've got good genetics there.

Hawkeye

G

nice foot

nice foot

you can learn alot from someone's feet...and your foot looks nice...oh yeah your plants look great....

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
they look like they are laying over...

they look like they are laying over...

... I broke there necks ha ha ha;) Seriously, instead of topping or tying down I like to trick my plants. I will bend them very slowly and easily until the inner layer snaps. The key to pinching is to apply just enough pressue that you crush the outer tissue without destroying the inner tissue--you still want the branch to allow fluids through it.....you can hear a crunch...but you dont want it crushed so the branch is completely limp, unable to support itself.... if I need to I splint or support them so the branch is straight....if it hangs totally folded over, the vascular tissues will be cut off and not allow itself to be fed!

When these knots heal they will explode, and it keeps my canopy fairly level!!!

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
i think i read sumwhere about soma snappin theyre necks if they get a bit too tall, just chills em a while 4 the others to catch up, and then they take off again

LOL Sunny,
so sorry man i'm an ass LOL I must have been wrecked :abduct: on my thread reply let's get this right now good luck "Sunny" all the best man and following you every step...

any new pics or updates Sunny?

I personally am to much of a puss to actually snap the stem of one of my children. It pains me just to top them or cut back lower growth. What can I say I love my plants :D

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Weekly Pic Udpdate

Weekly Pic Udpdate

GoG, thanks for peeking in on the girlspics in about 12 hrs!!! :)

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Sunny why you using ozone???

Sunny why you using ozone???

Ozone is sometimes called the activated oxygen. It contains three atoms of oxygen rather than the two atoms we normally breathe. Ozone is the second most powerful sterilant in the world and its function is to destroy bacteria, viruses, and odors.

We are probably most familiar with ozone from reading about the 'ozone layer' that circles the planet above the earths atmosphere. Here the ozone is created by ultra-violet rays from the sun and subsequently helps to protect from the damaging ultra-violet radiation.

Ozone occurs quite readily in nature. In fact that fresh smell after a thunderstorm is actually the smell of ozone, most often as a result of lightning strikes. Ozone is also created by waterfalls. The use of an ozone generator can reduce or eliminates the strong marijuana smell in a grow room or where it is being smoked.

How Does Ozone Work?
While ozone is very powerful, it has a very short life cycle. When it comes in contact with odors, bacteria, viruses, etc... the extra atom of oxygen destroys them completely by oxidation. In doing so, the extra atom of oxygen is destroyed and there is nothing left including odors, bacteria, etc... except for plain stable oxygen.

How Is Ozone Produced?
There are two types of ozone production. The first one would be corona discharge which essentially is creating lightning and the second is ultra violet fluorescent tubes.

Ozone lasts at the very most thirty minutes. When there are a lot of pollutants in the air ozone, it will degrade at a very rapid rate and in some cases almost immediately.

Ozone generators are the most effective odor control devices available. Odor is caused by airborne pathogens which float freely and come in contact with our nasal passages. When generated ozone, or 0³ comes in contact with these pathogens one of the oxygen atoms detaches from the ozone molecule, attaching itself to the odor-causing pollutant.

This process, in essence, deactivates the odor causing particles in the air, leaving clean, fresh smelling air. Growers report that a good ozone generator will completely eliminate airborne odors from the most pungent crops, but will not affect the dried bouquet of the flowers.

There has been some debate over the safety of ozone and humans, however The EPA, USDA and OSHA have approved the use of ozone at concentrations of 0.1 Parts Per Million, for an exposure period of eight hours, without any side effects. Most home ozone generators produce less than .05 PPM, and exposure time is minimal. With this in mind, ozone generation is a safe and effective method of odor control.

Latest posts

Latest posts