What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sunny's Magus Grow..done!! Grow Report

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
*Not my picture

*Not my picture

i found this pic on the net and it is a perfect picture of when to harvest... my cam doesnt get that close so you'll have to take my word on the trich color :) right now we are at 60% clear 40% cloudy... almost there!!!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
harvested top buds yesterday December 6th at 61 days... left lower 1/3 of lower immature buds and dropped light down on them, ill give them a week or two...
More pics soon

SunnySide- Great JOb... :canabis: :canabis: :canabis: Looks like you will be smoking good... look stick & eick.. Very goo like.. I hope you enjoy...
:wave:

:chin: Can I ask you.. something. You don't dry in the light? Do you?:confused:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Fuzzy&Sauce BBG said:
SunnySide-:chin: Can I ask you.. something. You don't dry in the light? Do you?:confused:

good thinkin sauce... I have the line in the room to hang the buds while I am working on them... nothing long term.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Clones were grown under 24 hours light in quart cups for one weeks under fluro’s. All plants were given FoxFarm’s gro big,Cal-mag, and superthrive.
I put into flowering at about 12 “ tall (about 2 weeks). These plants stretched alot, tripling in height during flower to end up over 3 feet tall.

The smell throughout flowering was not exactly nice...almost like old trash...not something you would want to consume. Odor was not a concern during flowering..it does smell, but not enough to notice..smell did take a turn for the better with about 1 1/2 weeks to go...whew that was a close one!!

Plants were flowered under 800 watts, 400 MH and 400 HPS. Flowering took 61 days for the tops and ?? On the lower buds.. No big problems to speak of..no bugs or nute problems worth mentioning.. however with the pro-mix I used.. I didnt add anything to increase drainage...pots holding water too long was a problem...

I used Liquid Karma, PBP, EN/EA and Nitrozime in flower with no problems...
I used the EN/EA for the first time and I am curious to see the root structure...I will update on condition of rootmass when plants are fully harvested.

Some points..

Nice looking healthy plant, at times smell was funky(not in a good way), poor yeilder...I topped this plant, and there wasn’t a main cola but more side buds..

I dried the buds on a line for the first week..then in a cardboard box before placing in glass mason jars for further weeks cure.

Smoke report to come...

Hooked-On-Grown

Veteran
great job on the grow and the journal sunnyside!!

:joint: Hope they taste better then they smelled growing! :biglaugh:

Two thumbs up!! :yes: :yes:

HEY.... You were my 2000 Post!!!! :joint: :moon: :canabis: :eek: :whip: :friends: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
how nice to have a compliment from the Mod and Mentor HOG...thanks man.
I smoked some of these ladies mommas..it is hit or miss on these my friend, the number 5 and 7 have a nice fruity skunky taste to them... the rest tasted like snot. We shall see in a couple of days.. The member who grew the mommas is testing the smoke on monday so we will see what he thinks... No moms were kept!!

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
hey why are my newer pics overwriting my older ones??? anybone know whats going on??

*look about half way down on page six

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
everything was on par with the mothers...

everything was on par with the mothers...

Boink...nothing official yet...lol. it is some stare weed. you know what i am talking about...you get really stoned but nothing social about the stone...I have found most people who smoke this to be caught staring into space for what seems like hours. lol It isnt the most potent herb I have found, but you will find yourself extremely stoned if you catch the right phenothere were too different tasting phenos in this group...a berry,lemon flavor with a musky smell...the other has little to no odor and taste:( The high coincides with the flavor of the herb...the good tasting herb has better quality in the high...the plain smellin phenos have more of the spaced out, racing thoughts,paranoid type high. :(
Some people have enjoyed the smoke...I personally don't. I smoke for anxiety and depression...this strain helps with neither and tends to exacerbate the anxiety.

A full report soon.

kingslayer

Hey Sunnyside, I'm wondering what you've found are decent strains for anxiety? This is an area I want to focus on this year myself...I've had a couple of panic attacks in the past and would love to have some gange to help with this... :joint:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
some strains that have helped me...
afghani (mazar)
sensi star
lifesaver
blue moonshine
any deep indica...hoping i get a strong indica mom out of the sour bubbles...sorry for shor reply...a little 'spaced' right now lol

lifestar sounds like a winner too...but that is still a ways off.

kingslayer

Cool, thanks...I'm growing a nice indica right now, and then some green nepalm, but I'm thinking of specifically aquiring genetics for their anti-anxiety effects from now on...hoping to get a cut from our friend Bleek off of his Lifesaver when its ready...how killer would that be... :biglaugh: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts