What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First watering after transplant 50/50 coco promix blend

Raw710

I just started to use a 50/50 coco promix blend to try and take advantage of both promix and coco. I am familiar with both but am wondering how to do my first watering after transplant from ez cloner to a solo cup with the blend. And should I treat it more like coco or more like a peat with a wet and dry cycle? Thanks for reading and the future replies! If there is already a post about the blend that I overlooked please post in forum thank you

troutman

Seed Whore
Just water as usual with just a little extra calcium and magnesium compared to growing in only pure soil.

troutman

Seed Whore
Like feeding, it's best to do less than more.

As for watering it all depends how much you add to each pot.

If in doubt, give some plants half the water you give to the others.

It won't take you long to figure which plants do better and you can water accordingly.

If you overwater, the leaves will tend to droop a lot. :tiphat:

Raw710

Like feeding, it's best to do less than more.

As for watering it all depends how much you add to each pot.

If in doubt, give some plants half the water you give to the others.

It won't take you long to figure which plants do better and you can water accordingly.

If you overwater, the leaves will tend to droop a lot. :tiphat:

Yes with coco I have always watered everyday to put o2 back in the coco. But I will try your advice and treat them more like peat

Speed of green

Once they are established you can up the waterings, but for now it will take some time for the cup to dry down. probably two days + depending on the size of the cutting and rootball.

Raw710

Once they are established you can up the waterings, but for now it will take some time for the cup to dry down. probably two days + depending on the size of the cutting and rootball.

Yes that is my only fear is that it will take to long to dry for feeding and it will not have the adequate oxygen so I don't have the chance of getting root rot