What's new

First BHO run tips?

LostTribe

Premium user
I am gonna run some more p98 bubba tomorrow so hoping someone in the know will get back to me.....

Ran some last week but the purging part is what I need info on!

How long do I purge? How long do I run the vac and how long do I heat the goo up for? I have a 3 gallon vac chamber and a single stage vac pump.

I tried to heat it up but my infrared gun never got about 95 degrees F last time with the hot plate on 350F??

The result is runny oil that crackles and pops when i hit it on my banger....

I only left in on the vac and heat for about 30 minutes. Thinking it might have decarbed with the heat but not sure....

Much thanks for any advice!

LT

w3rds

Sorry you didn't get any help, I've been off all weekend.

My personal method is as follows:

1. Fresh freeze or cure buds if fresh, dehydrate if purchased from others.

2. Scissor cut buds into popcorn buds, don't mess with sugar trim just pack it.

3. Pack tube using wooden dowel to push it right enough to not see any visual gaps through the glass.

4. 2-3 unbleached coffee filters are placed over the wide opening and secured tight using a clamp/zip ties.

5. Wrap tube in Ziploc or vac bag to stop new moisture from getting into the tube and toss it and your butane in the freezer for 24ish hours.

6. GO OUTSIDE, and float a Pyrex dish inside of a larger pan that has ~90℉ water in it.

7. Remove butane and tube from freezer, bring outside to Pyrex. Unnecessary step, but mention because people are dumb and do stuff indoors.

8. Spray butane directly into the empty Pyrex dish, ~300ml/Oz of material. Spray all, or until you no longer see any yellow in the dripping liquid. Keep your can side of the tube covered until you don't hear anymore gas and there is no more liquid dripping out of your tube.

9. Let butane evaporate until there are only mild/no reactions in open air.

10. Use razor and scrape all material onto ptfe, silicon mat, or partchment paper.

11. Place your chamber on a skillet that is set to 90℉, of you don't have a skillet that can be set that low, then try floating your chamber in a double boiler using a big pan to hold your water.

12. Set your sheet in your vacuum chamber. Turn on your pump, just long enough to create a seal in your chamber. DO NOT PUT IT IN A FULL VACUUM YET.

13. Let the interior of the chamber to hit 90℉, then pull a vacuum to -18Hg. Wait 30 minutes.

14. Pull vacuum to -25Hg, leave for 1 hour.

15. Pull vacuum to full vacuum, leave vacuum on for 30 minutes. Seal chamber, turn off pump, and leave for 5-6 hours.

16. Slowly reduce vacuum to 0, remove lid, flip oil.

17. Put oil back in chamber, place the lid back on and pull to -18Hg for 30-45 minutes.

18. Pull to a full vacuum and seal chamber, leave it until you see no reactions. 4-6 hours.

19. Remove oil, take one dab because you deserve it.

20. You're done, enjoy. No crackle or pop and tons of terpene filled pull and snap.

*if you want a shatter instead of pull and snap, I've had some really great experience with kicking the temps up to 130-140℉ ONLY during the -25Hg step.

Another

Lol the crackle n pop comes from the water in your stuff...and the stuff you just made from the guys technique above me would leave you with around 60-75% thc but with some really nasty byproducts making up that other 25-40%..... Read more extract less.

Latest posts

Latest posts