What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do wrong right

rykus

K guys for my coffee/joint ramblings of today are about risk.... Well reward too, but for f's sake RISK..... Connecting all the fricken dot... Before hand... So your not left standing with no cash, no smoke, a big lawyer bill, a gun in your mouth, or worse....

Partners can be an asset but are definitely a risk, workers can be an asset but also more definitely a risk, grow stores, big hydro bills, driving with anything, ect ect it all is a balance of what you need/want to get done, and the risk you put yourself under doing it.

The funniest shit I've ever seen has been in these last couple years of pseudo legality.... I was in my buddies store, and there was a guy we know, shameless really got a lot of licences going to cancer meetings picking up clients, greasy... Anyways dude slangs other stuff and has probably 20+ lic. And hundreds bulbs telling us he has his home show wired to the pigs, sorry police... My buddy just rips him a strip, but he'd honestly never thought of it. If your put rippers in jail, then get caught selling grey area legal weed in a non legal fashion guess who gets to join their friend in jail after he's settled in nice made some friends ect....

Same with any out of the house activity if you grow/smoke at home, write a list, was up, clothes right out of dryer with scent sheet, choose good hours, get it all done fast efficient, or wear real work clothes ect. For big bills do multiple deposits to atm then pay online, or pay through money mart to avoid trail, better yet create business accounts and cooperate holdings...

Huge thing I heard from some crusty old bikers is just don't fuckin be goin out after 6 pm... I can hear it now.... The only fuckin people driving around past dark is the three C's...... Oh yeah who's that I ask..... Cops, cabbies and criminals..... It's true, not because it is but because if it comes down to it the can make it true.... Legal yeah ok but but when you get yanked all pie eyed white your midnight frosty, driving the blinged out whip you got with your last good pull, and they ask if they might take a look ..... Did you remember all the hose clamps and grow store receipts... Is your whip insured to your grow, does your name raise flags..... Even if none of that your name, your face, your ride all real fresh in mind....

Next up is does anyone ever bother to read the local laws, laws are stupid and barely addequet with easy shit like walking around or driving or owning property..... Drug laws are absolutely bizarre... Here you could have 10000 plants and it's less jail time than 20kg dry I think around.there are also many guidelines as to mandatory minimums and non incarcerable offences.... All plant number based for the most part. That is why in the day all the guys that did big stuff did huge trees, because under 20 plants was a no jail time offence.... 200 is mandatory jail time.... If your proven guilty...which brings me to my next point....

K guys this is a big one, and I know for a fact that this in my mind is the worst part about online weed communities is the closet growers. I'm not saying this in its self is bad, I fuckin love closet growers they are the most passionate inventive truly in it for the glory growers I ever saw! And I truly mean that, BUT the shit gets bent when people use that as a divide from common sense and safety of self.

Basically what I mean is people ripping on going bigger, saying its about the money or its lost passion ect, and this can be partly true.... But that closet is the test, it's the measure of whether one can handle the stress of growing and enjoy the companionship of plants..after that I see it as putting your self at undue risk with the reward of pride of achievement and free high quality(hopefully) smoke.....

But we are at a transition here folks, big business is going to take the thing we all love and fuck that shit up for all future like they did tobacco, in my mind if you are suitable for the stress and lifestyle to grow plants for the pride smoke reward at little $ reward, you should take steps to really, no really think about what you would do if it all came down around you.
Also think of steps you could take to make things safer and better for you, your family, your plants. We're all in it together, and the more honest you are with yourself the more you can provide security to those you love.

It really hit home to me a while back on the forum here, there was some poor soul who had a few plants in a small closet style grow, and was upset because he had "never sold any flowers to anyone" and now faced some pretty serious problems with his home situation and his whole future if he doesn't figure out a lot of missing things before trial day....

The whole problem stemmed from IMO just taking the wrong approach, it's easy to do, basically the person though that all other people came from the same place he did in his mind... So from the get go a bad start. He told his room mate because of pride/proximity which then put his fate outside of his own hands, the room mate got in trouble or talked because of cool factor, cops did what they felt was right/got good points from work and it was easy, fell in their lap, they intimidated the OP with no police work or actual evidence to "do the right thing" and let them in with out warrant, then played against compassion/fear to get a guilty admission so the crown prosecutor has an easy time and the whole thing is easy peasy.... Really brought the whole movement forward no.... Yeah that's what I thought too...

Even with licences, if it's dictated by plant # , how are you not doing more for the plant, yourself, your safety and ability to help the planet, and those you love than if you make a conscious choice to constantly improve your position. And I'm not talking buying a blinged out ride and doin lines off fake titties.... I'm talking researching laws, finding responsible brokers, using renewable resources and knowlage to make better product at less risk and a higher return, and using that extra bit for safety and to keep going forward.

Ok so let's say right now your smoking a big joint in your apartment with a few home built LED tents and about 50+ plants, and there's a knock at the door.... Yeah sucks right.didnt think of that part, seen it happen sooooo many times to the nicest most hard working honest people.... And yet that shit coke huffin, Robbin stealing degenerate down the way gets off with every thing.... Well when your in the system you learn it and its weaknesses.... For any criminal or even grey area unlawful if the big C word offends you(j walkers are technically criminals too) the biggest asset you can have is knowledge and acknowlagment of your actions.... All of them, second straight up is $.... OJ proved it, as many have before. But if you are aware of your actions and rights, and acknowledge the repercussions and have the money to play, it's way easier to do the right thing.... For you, the plants, the planet and the ones you love.... Not do all the work for the pork chop cop knocking on your door with no warrant and his crown prosecutor buddy..... If you say anything other than please leave my property unless you have a warrant, and recording of name and badge # to let him know your not a victim.....your lawyer will be adding a hefty $ to every other word you say and calling you an idiot....

The only other thing I'm going to suggest if this is a passion of yours is to asses your stereo type and learn how to use it. Some say it's bad or tragic, but through the thousands of years of evolution or best asset that we all have to some degree instinctually is our ability to profile and judge.... I know sounds bad in our "progressive" world, we'd come so far,lol... But if you walk down a dark street alone with 50k in your pocket trust me you'll be living judgment,lol

Anyways point being we all have this, you, me your niegbors, the police, the guy down the road with no job watching some crime hero TV marathon..... Ya see where I'm going here....

On a bad day to the wrong person I am the scariest long haired slovenly metal skid white trash piece of shit they ever saw,lol but as a plus side if I chuck on some campy outdoor stuff I look like every other straight edge granola eating yuppie white bread plain as Sunday TV person walking around, so I drive VW and wear Teva shoes and try to wear colour,lol I can still crank slayer as I drive around lookin like a geek little fuck during daytime hrs doing my personal shit. Drive right past a cop doin 10 over the speed limit smokin a joint and they don't even turn their head, where as if I dressed metal and drove a blacked out mustang or a 70's van with murals of dragons and shit I might be getting some different attention....

Anyways this rants is getting long and preachey, I actually don't care what you all wanna do, but if you lay it all out I think you'll make better choices and at least hopefully save yourself those realling dizzying moments of utter despair when it goes sideways...maybe do 10% profit... 45% back to grow and safety and 45% to expenses and a fricken Lawyer fund!

rykus

I started another thread to document some of my breeding projects as that is my main objective now is to drag up some old BC genes and spread them back into the mix.

I'll keep this thread more about growing in general, and just keep hammering home the principals I was taught.

Low investment, low plant count, no food of the week, keep your system the same and build on it, math based high yield, constant re investment in personal safety and ease of production.
Those are the principals of safe high yield farms here, yeah it's cool looking at 3000 plants under shades all uniform and ideal..... But when your looking over the transcribes from those court cases..... And now most areas licences are # based too so still relevant and IMO preferable system.

The big key as I stated before mixed in those pages of ramblings, is turn around time!

This, besides lowering vigour, is why I hate long veg times! My perfect world is summer time with 2 sets of 15 gals so I can get my 10-14 days veg in the 15 outside and click into flower the day I cut! It's a beautiful thing!

But even going ten days in the big room is just ideal..... People always are focused on those buds, neglecting the next round. Big mistake IMO. Those plants are already done by week 4, there is not much that is going to make or break them as long as your in the green and keep your health up it smooth sailing for the most part.

Those veg plants are just settling in, and as I proved in my day of neglect cost me at least o week and a bunch of hrs of training and stressing out.... Stupid rookie move, trimming and cost myself time and money to save on having a extra person around....for this place when I account for mortgage,hydro,gas,co2,nutes time ect I'm looking at 1-2k a week....
Not huge but a couple slips cost a couple weeks each.... One less crop a year with same expenses = bigloss. Compound that with a time loss that affects yields and the results can be devastating. Prices dropped and people lost their shirts!

Anyways I'm getting a good roll on but I still feel a bit behind, seeds are proving slightly harder to time and I've been smoking hard and workin harder... Easy to loose the trees for the forest so I write it down so I can feel the loss....and kick myself..... But I'm gaining speed!

And telling you all about it makes me want to try harder and do better!

I read a ton hear at night over the last 3 months and have implemented some changes to my system. Really learning more about soil and food has helped me beyond belief and my next cut that I was not really that stoked on I tested some theories on and I gotta say!...... Thanks ICmag there are some smart mother f*n people here!

I learned so much on soil and organics and chemicals I decided to try recycling some dirt and using Albrect ratios or nearer too it, and am very impressed with how the increased calcium and lower potassium helped develope denser buds even on less than ideal plants....

Usually I would keep bottles of Pload on had in case I felt the inside buds where going to Airbud into the trim garbage....as a saver as I found 50% of the weight is in getting those small buds solid and trimable.... The calcium balance got all that shit too balloon out and get solid..... But unlike adding those growth modifiers, my tops stretched and filled out like old bucket system buds!

So stoked! Literally those where the batch of cuts I got that where flowered, I got other cuts of the same strain 2 weeks later, and cut them down before these even started flower! Very woody and tons of small leaves and branches(pretty much my nightmare) but my worker killed it on cleaning them up nice, and the food worked so well, with the turning the plants even though I crammed the fuck out of them look very full and well developed!

Got 40-43 a room under(well beside)12 1000w ... 4 rooms this run... Math is GOOD....

Thanks again followers and a general thanks fortheknowlage I've gained.... Already got myself a pay raise joining here,lol

And IMO if it makes sense from your field of experience, it is probably right!

rykus

Well, the madness continues... as always

here is a pic of my 600 crop minus the tops, definately a little larfy compared to the nice AC 1000w rooms with more space....

nice and purpled/calyx'd out!

and the big shop i took on... going to be a slow rebuild here, got 4 of 6 rooms on track, minus the pretty shit, got to do my angles on the ceiling and paint her up but it still did good with the crazy light sat.

before defoliation...

rykus

and some defoliated nug shots!

and here is a little guy making some seed for the server/gypsy funds,

maybe ill get my poop in a group and get some more for ya soon, but im in hectic mode now, and spring is here,,, crazy times

Sluicebox

I work cheap (hint) I'd learn more in a year from you than on my own in 20. Nice job! You should diversify and come South for a bit, get a foothold in this freshly legal State.

For sure looking forward to that other thread you have. Be safe.

rykus

Got to da a tour around with one of my old workers, he's running a few places for one of my old friends from way back, lol got a couple bulbs burning, looking pretty ok!

rykus

Thanks Breakersix! Like I mentioned the dropped ceilings where kind of pirated from a crew I worked for. They actually used dropped ceilings with the metal frames and the individual ceiling tiles, that way all the ducting and wiring could cleanly be routed in an 8' room with less damage/modifications.

They would actually use dry paint rollers and spray glue(3m super 77) to wrap each ceiling tile and sheet of drywall with. Mylar before mounting up on wall, so zero wrinkles and totally wipe able, then mount on wall and seal all screw holes and seams with foil ducting tape.clean. Hydro, slippers. Was a pleasure.

But I hate the garbage... Moving away from bags,bottles and wall coverings.... Going full hippie!

Got a lot planted but nothing too exciting to report,lol, so have a good one all, enjoy the grind!

Last edited:

rykus

Thanks Bob Green, and welcome. I hopefully soon will post up some how too's on building a few 8 flip and 12 flip boards with hi temp shut offs and all the fancyness, lol...

Was 98.8*f at my place today, minimal damage, but damn it! I have a out take as a back up, but when the power flickers hard enough it turns the AC off sometimes.... Makes me angry, and I don't like that, trying to be positive and move forward and onward, always!

Anyways not much to say again but hi temp shut offs folks, they're a nice feature.
Got some nice smoke so I'm happy, and stoked on my seed strains too, they are looking killer.

Always got to use these slow times to catch up and rebuild, usually because I cycle so often I don't get huge breaks but a nice easy week a month to make plans, have meetings and just do little stuff to make the next three weeks a little easier.... This time I need to build a few rooms and start planning my wiring before I tear into it. Will make next run even better though, going to be at 72 flower lights at the big shop if I can pull it off before crunch time, other wise I'm still on 48.... The 600w place did by far the worst from a lock out, I think in part by the cold. Brought average down under 4oz a plant because they where fluff, even the bottoms I let go extra long still just air bud but purple out....

Was too hot there with 36 1000's and not quite enough with the same in 600's so thinking doing 4 1000's in each room for 12 1000's and 24 600's. Hopefully speed em up and get a bit more solid nug's.

Cheers and hope your all havin a great night

rykus

Sorry guys been busy trying to get all my cut/turn arounds done smooth and timely like,lol that and I've been reading the monstrosity of ego and mis information known as the girlscoutcookie thread... As some very kind soul decided to pass a few to me... Wha ha ha ha ha, going to have to fill at least one big room with those beauts! All we ever got here was the BCBD fake bunk cut that still was white hair as fuk at 70 days... Tastes just like their bunk rock star cuts... What a surprise! But honestly that was what I was smokin when I joined here and it was nice change after a few years mono cropping the pink!

Also as a side note my previous theory on Co2 killing bugs.... Not true :( the bad droop'ers from my AC incident now have some pretty bad bug damage, and because the plant is weaker it is totally fuct... The healthy ones are fine and seem resistant thus far but some are a bit ugly... Anyways I guess before it just worked that the extra Co2 helped the plant process or uptake extra nutrients enough to become more resistant itself... In some of the organic threads I have read about the plants ability to process all those trace and micro elements is key in using Brix and plant cell ph to resist bugs and moulds! I am a believer,lol

So the battle grinds on, the learning curve continues, and no matter how many hours in a day I still seem to be at the will and whim of Mother Nature and my own half hazard indoor environments... But that's the challenge, being consistent and ready to re plan, make calls and move forward.

Really thinking I might try a few test rooms of some 1000w DE fixtures and some Greenbeams 315w CMH's , I was thinking of maybe doing a run of DE down the middle of 12' wide rooms and 315 down either side... But might just be better to do a room of each then decide,lol I don't know what does the collective mind say?

Also after a couple months reading about organics, soil and no-till I am doing a few rounds to try it out. Still getting it down as my medium is so light I'm finding that I. Have to use less food more often as full strength burns a bit... But stoked on the less garbage and savings on soil and back breaking days of TP'ing! They seem healthy after a couple weeks so im happy.im thinking big beds under the DE with a purpose built no till style with worms and all the hippy helpers I can get,lol would be bigger numbers though so I'll have to see how the new laws work out.

Well thanks again anyone still fallowing along,hope your having a good night and all that,lol and I'll try n read this again and be useful again, got all carried away posting pics...

Last edited:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For a mini example of CMH > DE check out the thread in my sig. Starting to see more larger CMH flower rooms now but i still like DE for price and power.

Also this one https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=316539

Great looking rooms above your buddy has but maybe you can suggest to him to put a cover on that outlet.... i cringe at that photo above, its a F or an accident waiting to happen that can be easily prevented with a $2 piece of plastic. No reason exists to justify letting that go unaddressed.

Peace

rykus

Just about done all my transplanting and back fully turned around, takes a while the way it is as all my things kind of lumped closer than I wanted... But the 600's are leading the way almost 2 weeks in now, just 1 room is testing some new stuff I talk about in my breeding thread, but 93 plants under 36 600's using staggered 8 hour light cycles, so only full on in each room for 4 hours a day, we'll see, last time I locked out and got small light bud and in turn yield...

I did a no till at both my spots that do fresh air, I am just too dressing and doing light feeds as the ph requires. They look good, the clones I got had PM which I haven't had in a few years, but I sprayed it and am going to hit once more before flowers form.

Loving the no till, my back is not as good as is was, and the TP is a dreaded time... Super fast easy turn around just cutting out the stump and plugging in the new start, love that, no hassle or waiting on supplies. I still need to do some serious room work and clean up at all the places, but I'm feeling better and motivated so going to push hard... 90 day count down..

My closed shop with Co2 I decided to use the money I saved on new soil and feed to upgrade to geopots... Lots of my buds use em, heard they drink more and my trees get real thirsty like so I opted up to 25 gal pots, just went out to the old dirt pile and filed em up out of my last runs soil that sat for 3 months.mixed in fishbone ,fish and crab, oyster shell flour, kelp meal, glacial rock dust and alfalfa meal. Also mixed in some pre mix organic flower food.

Anyways these are the steps I'm taking to get up over 2.5 lbs per, got all the old bubbles lime green Hash Plant that gets Massive flowers, upgraded to 25 gal air pots, upped my organics in my soil mix and moving away from bottle food.

Also got my first DE fixture, it's a Epap 1000w I got for 595 can at my buddies shop.... Think it's an old price,lol I am going to order a bunch more too, maybe half n half with Gavita or doubleDpap depending on price. Going to do another 16 flip of DE fixtures if I can afford it over the next few months. I want to do sealed with AC Co2 and 10-16 plants a light with 7gals I think.this is how I'm hedging my bets... If I can get the 2.5-3+ per easier with the DE I will convert my whole shop in the summer while the light is free, no down time and I could with minimal work bump it up to 48 DE fixtures instead of the 32 verticle SE bulbs.

I have a feeling the strain and air pots will get me half way there though...

I really need to push to stay in the game, got stale and was in Forman mode for a bit too long, bankrupt halfway through rebuild of my life,lol but I feel good, summers here.

Not sure if I mentioned that in my previous ramblings but summer is where you need to take full advantage of every opertunity, this takes great skill in timing. If ever I could buy or find a new spot with some privacy I would look in April-June when energy is high and it's easy to be extra motivated, then immediately mothers and plants can be vegged up outside while build is happening so limiting any time paying bills without stuff moving forward to pay bills as it happens.

Outdoor is a nice bonus too especially if you don't re use your soil indoors...shade gardens can be built on the super cheap out or rebar and 2x6-10, cut down in summer draught as "indoors" on a good year..bit of work but nice free 8x20 sea of green ,or ten, helps the pocket book,lol..

Also rebuilds like what I might do is best done when you can limit down time by vegging or even early flower outside. But again timing is key, because overgrown or mouldy soggy outdoor doesn't really magically turn around indoors and is usually more of a pain than just starting fresh... But well timed the outdoor plants can be great starts.

I didn't bother re mylar'ing or painting as I do intend to do some overhaul or another...

The quest for 3 per continues lol,maybe I should buy that book.... Nah I'd rather cut down more than once a year, lol

Cheers guys happy belated 420!

rykus

Thanks Tyne!

going to be doing my actual plant tomorrow, kept being short on time and supplies... and motivation a few days maybe too.... but I'm stoked it worked the way it has, everythings in I think so hopefully I have a nice mix of organics and going to mix 2/2/1 oyser shell flour/gypsum/and dolomite lime for hopefully a great blend of calcium magnesium and sulfur, plus ph buffering...

wasn't stoked on actual no feed so far, so I still plan to use a few of my old tricks this round, but definitely took notes from a bunch of soil threads here, and food threads and conversations in general, and have lowered my potassium a bit and been trying to use my calcium better instead. I already had it right doing my calmg on water days IMO, but the top dressing bonemeal and oystershell flour blew up my nugs at the one shop with very poor room conditions. comparatively...

guess ill know in a while, but I do know the hash plant loves its food, and am feeling the 25gal is going to provide a perfect environment for huge fast growth, hopefully I wont gas out until after the nugs hit day 50 r so... but I'm going to do regular feeds at about 1.5-2 EC I think and see how that goes...

ill post pics in a few days after they settle!

hope some of this has helped or inspired someone at least, but even if it doesn't it helps me organize and plan and stay stoked, so thanks for reading along

cheers

rykus

Sorry all for the tardy-ness... Lol, still slaving to the plants and they are kicking my ass steady, like a high maintenance mistress she is!

Lucky for me it's a full time affair, so I got the time and usually mental stability!

Anyways, I feel like I mixed my 25 g geo's a bit strong, they took off a little slow... But is nice and plugged, filling in fast now.... Kept about 15 moms for re growth out of my hash plants, and the biker van isle HP is in the rooms now...

The big shop I got up 36 bulbs a week in will bu up to 60 by next few weeks! Literal plants to the ceiling... The room is so full of trees I'm going to have to try hard to not yield this round!

Also my 12 ballast 36 bulb 600 flip is killing, kush are short and extra fat, n all mine an those MK are at the roof! 5 weeks abouts... Got some serious old 80's weed in that room, lol but it's so fun.... My skunk/Rene cross is looking like a win... So are the big john x pink testers ...a little fruity, but very resinous and sparkly...

Anyways lost my camera charger, but I might get a photo geek buddy to help me out, cheers
And keep on keepen on!