What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
One of the many things I love about my area (besides the scenic beauty) is the people and their values.

When I moved here it was striking how many of the oldtimers had several adult children and older grandchildren living nearby, even though there were greater economic advantages elsewhere.:grouphug:

a hundred years or so back, that was a problem. probably no one within walking distance that you were not related to. :biggrin:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LOL, did that stop them from marrying? :D

I m amazed at the people around here that, besides time in the military, never have lived anywhere else. One woman is cousin to about everyone it seems.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's common in the country. Smithsville, Jacob's Town, Village of Marlow ...
60 years ago, many places required great effort to get to, so you married someone local. My dad used to tell me a trip to his home town, only 30 minutes by car and on good roads today, was a 3 flat trip. That or take the train. lol

This covid shit has actually been a boon for smaller villages. Small local mills are reopening where I can get lumber, I can drive 5 minutes and see 3 places I can stop for fresh eggs (and chicken if you ask under your breath), even a gluten free bakery ffs. Back in the day there were competing cheese factories within ear shot of each other. My better half just bought 3 quilts from down the road. Quality stuff too.

I can't wait for Weed farm-to-gate to kick in. :D

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
60 years ago, many places required great effort to get to, so you married someone local. My dad used to tell me a trip to his home town, only 30 minutes by car and on good roads today, was a 3 flat trip. That or take the train. lol

This covid shit has actually been a boon for smaller villages. Small local mills are reopening where I can get lumber, I can drive 5 minutes and see 3 places I can stop for fresh eggs (and chicken if you ask under your breath), even a gluten free bakery ffs. Back in the day there were competing cheese factories within ear shot of each other. My better half just bought 3 quilts from down the road. Quality stuff too.

I like the get-in, get-out and on your way stores, local stores.... not the big box stores.

Your pics of Nettles and other shrubs on a post thread was great, Tyco!
C'mon, Spring!!

Sunshineinabag

At least in the country ya know when someone is offended ......I mean snowflakes who piss emotional overloads 24/7 ain't gonna win anyones freedom from my experience......I digress......you buy a property in the woods......mother nature don't give a fuk about u silly rabbit

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Don't buy any house. Buy land, and if you get enough, the house usually comes with it.
Mortgage rates are cheap as hell, why would you want private financing?

Whatever you do, run away from any kind of HOA. Unless you like little nayborghood hall monitors taking pictures of your stuff all day, to report you for a covenants violation.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Don't buy any house. Buy land, and if you get enough, the house usually comes with it.

Whatever you do, run away from any kind of HOA. Unless you like little nayborghood hall monitors taking pictures of your stuff all day, to report you for a covenants violation.
Here here on the HOA natzies... I'm not much of a rule breaker... when the rules make sense. My cousin showed up at 12:30am, I buzzed him thru the gate. I called security to tell them about his car. NOPE! come here (to their security shack) now or he'll be towed. Similar at another HOA that I though was more 'reasonable'... NOPE! HOAs are for ???? IDK.. but not me either.

EDIT: and you'd have to be very stealth under their purview.

Sunshineinabag

It's so funny to sit at my local dog group and hear these folks from out of state bitching about getting into a condo here.....you think that car insurance commercial is bad these condo nazis will show up at a restaurant to berate their neighbors lolol
Dedicated
https://open.spotify.com/track/4rAnSE0E0f33unxXsQa5Fr?si=TILUm8BpRo-4_SAyqIrjug:tiphat::tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Here here on the HOA natzies... I'm not much of a rule breaker... when the rules make sense. My cousin showed up at 12:30am, I buzzed him thru the gate. I called security to tell them about his car. NOPE! come here (to their security shack) now or he'll be towed. Similar at another HOA that I though was more 'reasonable'... NOPE! HOAs are for ???? IDK.. but not me either.

EDIT: and you'd have to be very stealth under their purview.

You have to take the important people out for lunch. Then accidentally stop at the local pealer joint "just for a minute. The mayor is in here and I have to see him. Come on in for a minute." Then get them shitfaced. Once they're an idiot in front of you, they'll be your friend forever.

Sunshineinabag

Mild edibles should be on the nutrition charts for both our countries

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Mild edibles should be on the nutrition charts for both our countries

Every home made edible I tried has tasted like shit. So much so that I'm willing to purchase lab equipment to make my own clean extracts this year. It's bad enough that people don't know how to cook, they have to add a cup of ground weed to the mix. (*gag*)

Sunshineinabag

You have to take the important people out for lunch. Then accidentally stop at the local pealer joint "just for a minute. The mayor is in here and I have to see him. Come on in for a minute." Then get them shitfaced. Once they're an idiot in front of you, they'll be your friend forever.

Remember Rob ford tycho?
I'm not z crackhead

Sunshineinabag

Every home made edible I tried has tasted like shit. So much so that I'm willing to purchase lab equipment to make my own clean extracts this year. It's bad enough that people don't know how to cook, they have to add a cup of ground weed to the mix. (*gag*)

I have a buddy nearby...uses your northern lights he grew for his edibles...you'd like em....find a way ....u can have some

redlaser

Veteran

Switching from butter to coconut oil has eliminated a lot of canna taste for me. To further decrease taste you can do additional “rinsings” by collecting cooled oil/canna from top of water and re heat/boil and collecting a few times.(with new water) Worked noticeably with butter, but with coco I haven’t felt the need to do it.

Latest posts

Latest posts