What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rocky Mountain Ring of Fire

Looks good man love that vertical bulb!

Thanks man, I appreciate it.:biggrin:

I love the vertical too. It's much better on my back than hotizontal bulbs in hoods. I like how easily the whole plant can be inspected from top to bottom, and there's always enough room around the bulbs for another plant if I want. Too hot? Move the plants a few inches away from the bulbs. Got a strain that doesn't like it so bright? Move em back. Feel like one could use more light? Move em in a few inches. I really like the versatility, and it's fucken bright too! :covereyes:

5 years ago I started a liquid culture of some Hawaiian cubensis spores. I finally got around to trying it and it looks like it's a good culture. I can't believe it!:woohoo:

picture.php

:biggrin:

I save up my sweet leaf and when I have a bunch I sift it for the kief.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is the perfect size screen for kief I can use in my vaporizer. A small scoop of kief is one good hit, and if I quickly puff out on the vape tube at the end of my hit it often blows the spent kief right out.

Sometimes I need to scrape a bit to clean the screen between hits, but the spent kief rolls into little balls and poofs right out of the wand when blown into, and then the screen is cleaner than than when I started.

The kief from my grinders is too fine and sticks to the vape screen and doesn't really work well in the vape without a bed of weed to burn on.

It's like powdered dabs. :) Tastes so good!
I only hit it before bed though because it's too strong.

The kief looks good. Nice tan color.

What kind of screen are you using ?

Funny story about that is I don't know. About 9 or 10 years ago after I started growing and read about sifting kief, I ordeted some silk screen from a t shirt printing supply company online. It was sold by the square yard and relatively cheap. I ordered 2 different sizes of microns, but I don't remember at all what they are. My guess is 150micron and 180.:dunno:
So I just cut a square out of the big piece and used that to sift the material over a big metal bowl, then sift that through a kitchen strainer a few times to remove all the red hairs. That's it. A lot cheaper than a shaker box, but not as nice. The boxes were too small for my needs and the big tumblers are still just too expensive.

Hydro8

I need to upgrade, currently I am using a pair of panty hose over a bowl. It works but I get a shade of green in all my kief, it is probably to big of microns, I am sure it is inconstantly sized also.

The keif is always good but could be better. I might try the silk screen route.

I need to upgrade, currently I am using a pair of panty hose over a bowl. It works but I get a shade of green in all my kief, it is probably to big of microns, I am sure it is inconstantly sized also.

The keif is always good but could be better. I might try the silk screen route.

You won't regret it.:yummy:

After I kief my sugar leaf, I turn it, and any undesired for vaping bud, into coconut oil. This run contained a lot of bud, the last of my high-mids stuff.

I turned this
picture.php

Into this:
picture.php

And then into this
picture.php

I used two bags of dark chocolate melting wafers and then filled the rest of the pan with as much oil as I could. The liquid soy lechithin is not pictured. These are pretty strong. Two at once will spin me out, so will four in a day. And I have a very high tolerance. :biggrin:

Final product
picture.php

rocker

Fred nice job again,
is that a giant cake of infused coconut oil? I do the same, but I’m buying low grade bud at the dispensary, can’t wait to harvest, lol. I use 1oz to 2cups oil, works well. I put about a half to a full tablespoon in my oatmeal or coffee, great way to begin the day, and banana bread is another favorite in our home. I made tincture and gummy’s which were great, but a lot of work, I want to do it again but like your chocolate, I need to make enough to last a good amount of time before I take on that project. I love chocolates but they just do t travel well, that’s why I do the banana bread and want to do more gummies.
Thanks for sharing, and if that’s Halloween candy, I’ll be knocking on your door for sure, the chocolate looks delicious.

Fred nice job again,
is that a giant cake of infused coconut oil? I do the same, but I’m buying low grade bud at the dispensary, can’t wait to harvest, lol. I use 1oz to 2cups oil, works well. I put about a half to a full tablespoon in my oatmeal or coffee, great way to begin the day, and banana bread is another favorite in our home. I made tincture and gummy’s which were great, but a lot of work, I want to do it again but like your chocolate, I need to make enough to last a good amount of time before I take on that project. I love chocolates but they just do t travel well, that’s why I do the banana bread and want to do more gummies.
Thanks for sharing, and if that’s Halloween candy, I’ll be knocking on your door for sure, the chocolate looks delicious.

Yes it's a giant cake of frozen bud infused coconut oil! :woohoo: One cake makes 2 batches of chocolates. I keep the cakes labeled with info in the freezer.
I tried making other edibles but I gained too much weight and they go bad fast, so I've settled on those chocolates. We rarely go anywhere and when we do we take a cooler with some drinks and put the chocolates in there.:yes:
Those were the smallest candy molds I could find on Amazon. It's easier to eat more small pieces but hard to evenly divide larger items.:good:

This is an Atomic Bomb in a 1 gallon pot. My first run with it. I topped it once.

picture.php

I started splitting some of my smaller bamboo sticks so they were less disruptive in 1 gallon pots and especially in solo cups.

picture.php

Once a week I make a compost tea. I start it in the afternoon, then the following afternoon at 24 hours of brew time I use some to foliar the veg room just before lights on. Sometimes I also foliar at lights on whichever plant just went to flower but has no buds yet.
The next morning at 36 hours of brew time I water the rest into the plants in veg and early flower. The brew bucket and air stones are cleaned the same day. Sometimes I put the stones in a solo cup of peroxide to clean.

The tea is:

4 glallons of water
2 Tablespoons of kelp meal
2 Tablespoons of alfalfa meal
1\2 Tablespoon fish bone meal
1\2 Tablespoon fish meal
1\2 Tablespoon seabird guano
1\2 Tablespoon crab meal
1\2 cup Wiggle Worm castings
1\2 cup of my awesome home made castings
1\2 teaspoon Recharge
1\2 teaspoon TM-7
1\2 Tablespoon unsulphured molasses

I know foamy bubbles are not necesarily indicative of microbial life, but I take it as a good sign anyway.:yes::cool:

picture.php

This is a THC Bomb just after transplant from a 3g into a 15g pot.

picture.php

This is a few days later. I decided to get extreme and see how it goes.

picture.php

Since both veg and flower are in the garage, once the plants are in 15g pots I keep them on the side of the field of light in veg, and every day roll it into flower for 12 hours and then back into veg. That way I can veg them way past them fitting in the veg room.:plant grow:
picture.php