What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I can't wait to see your tent up and running. As for your ballast....I'd be cautious. Give it a test run for 10 hours and see how it goes. If there are no problems I'm sure it fine. My Galaxy ignites the lamp instantly and is to full brightness in just a minute or two.

-Funk

M

MRJackHerrer

running similar setup this run through. DR80, 400 digi, can 9000, 4in vortex, supersun 1 aircooled. its a great little setup you will be pleased. btw best avitar i've seen. can you tell me what episode that is from?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
MrJack I wish I knew which episode it was from but I remember seeing it so when I found this I was stoked! Ok everybody the corner is getting cleaned out now and tent should be up in a hour or two...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
All I need is my fan and air pots and it's fucking on ladies and gentleman!!! We now have a fully sealed self contained growroom inside my bedroom! I feel more professional now hahaha :joint: I did some math earlier and I can fit 64 18oz party cups in my DR80 and if I was to flower them all at once and get that magical 7g a cut I would pull off a pound under a 400w HPS :joint: I don't see why I wouldn't be able to since I run 252w of CFLs over 2.5 sqft and easily get 9-12g plants so my lil 32"x32" space with a 400w HPS should give me even bigger yields right HID guys???

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok thunder ur goonna be rockin the tent huh bro...good chit yo.
i know ur gonna have a blast in there holmz.
peace-T-

S

Sir_Nugget

good lookin man, lets see that thing fill up! i bet you can squeeze 8 ounces outa that oven every 60 days no sweat... u sold me on the air pots

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I'm pretty stoked and my ballast fires right up when I plug it in now so I'm even happier about that and the fact that it doesn't fuck up my tv or internet cuz my tent sits right between the two lol

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I have a 4"x12" Odorsok Air Filter and my 172cfm 4" Vortex is on it's way in a day or so! Are these Odorsok filters any good?

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've heard mixed reviews on the Odorsocks. Some say it works well, and some say it doesn't work at all. I used a cheap Elf filter for a few runs in my DR80 and it worked out. End of flowering though it couldn't handle the skunk.....probably because it only had a few pounds of carbon in it.

-Funk

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
It's worth a search on odor-soks, there were enough unhappy customers to turn me away from trying it despite the nice price. Anyway this looks like a fantastic thread to lurk on. Rock on and best of luck.

Im excited to see what you can do under this 400 watter. I wish i had the room to put a tent and 400 watt light. You've been a huge inspiration, good luck and stay safe man! are you going to veg under the 400 and flower, or veg under your cfl's and flower in the tent? Im tagged.

kweb1989

Im excited to see what you can do under this 400 watter. I wish i had the room to put a tent and 400 watt light. You've been a huge inspiration, good luck and stay safe man! are you going to veg under the 400 and flower, or veg under your cfl's and flower in the tent? Im tagged.

None the less, i agree... exact words.... I been watching you and Doc for long time now... Cant wait to see how well the hps works. I have seen the cfl nugz now lets see what the difference is.... Im as excited as you are... you should grow cfl budz at same time of the same strain and make a compared analysis

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
you should grow cfl budz at same time of the same strain and make a compared analysis

Thanks for all the kind words and you know I am!!! I'm still going to keep my perpetual cycle going in my CFL cab and will start a row of what ever I decide to run in the tent it's looking like it's going to be Thunder Goo of course haha Blue Dream, Bubba Kush x Deep Chunk, Flubba x Blue Moonshie, Super Silver Haze x Trainwreck, and Jilly Bean!!! Should be a good show I just tossed 2 of my Blue Dream girls from my CFL cab that are in week 7 in the tent under the 400w for the fuck of it to see if they fatten up any quicker but I need my fan cuz it's gonna be too hot in there so they'll get taken out later lol but it's cool to see for now hahaha :woohoo:

:yeahthats

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea it is! I can't wait to get my air pots and get this bitch going! I may even veg a bit under a MH cuz I have one on the way so I can get some nice bushes going on in there! I'd like to get a perpetual cycle where I pull 1/4 lb a week or which I'm sure I can do with air pots so we'll see what I do. My first run is going to be a straight full grow all at once. I know I can fit 25 5" square pots in there so 10-15 3 liter air pots ?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Let their be light!!!!

Wow! This bitch is bright! I'm dying to do a DrBud grow with this and pack a bunch of bitches in my tent but I'm going for bushes on this grow and keeping my single spike cola's for the CFL cab which is looking LOVELY I might add :joint:

So I took some pics of my light while it was on and gave a top view of my hood to see what the OG growers have to say about my setup and if I chose things correctly..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not too shabby eh? Fuck me that bulb stays glowing red after it shuts off hahah I had to take some pics lol I'm sure you HID guys are getting a good laugh right about now at me being so excited about my 400w HPS when I was SO against em and I still will be if it doesn't blow my CFL buds out the apartment hahaha But this should be a good grow and I will be adding a few 42w 2700k CFLs and some 2ft 6500k T5s to tweak the spectrum for better resin production...

Did they switch hoods on you? The hood above that you received doesn't really look like this one that they are advertising in the pics below

attachment.php
attachment.php

There aren't any side vents on yours that I can see and the bulb in your hood looks way off center in the hood. The bulb in the pics takes up most of the hood (or is at least centered in it). The sockets look different too. The one in yours sticks 2-3" into the hood, while the one above barely protrudes into the hood.

I think you are going to end up with an uneven light pattern in your cab.

One side is going to be brighter (hotter) and the other side is going to be dimmer because that bulb isn't even close to being centered in the hood.

Attachments

• 233324374_tp.jpg
    233324374_tp.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 233324352_tp.jpg
    233324352_tp.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 14