What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS DR80 Air Pot grow!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Whats up everybody? So I made the switch!!! I am still using my CFL cabs for personal smoke but time to play with the big boys lol I have my Secret Jarden Dark Room 80 on the way which I got for $170 after shipping
and my lighting system is a digital 400w HPS with Air Cooled Hood
darkRoomDR80.gif

233324352_tp.jpg

here's the ebay listing of the lighting system in case any micro growers are looking to switch for a reasonable price cuz I got mine for $215 with free shipping :woohoo: http://cgi.ebay.com/400-Watt-HPS-Grow-Light-sun-Hydroponics-Ballast-400w_W0QQitemZ280404260117QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4149657515

Sleepy

Veteran
i saw those posted here before, they look great!

anything like them in the USA??

are the 'smart pots' similar?

looking forward to pix of the the new garden!!

NOF

These Air Pots seems to be great.

Good luck with this new attempt!

All the best,

NOF

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea we have the SAME pots here in Cali at the hydro shops!! I've seen them at Greenfire and at Citrus Height Hydro Garden on Greenback and Sunrise and they aren't expensive either! My buddy's that have been growing for a few years before me switched over completely to the air pots and have doubled their yield and went down a size!!! They were using regular 3gal pots and now get bigger plants in 1.5gal air pots and that's the only thing they changed in the garden so these pots are a no brainer for me you know?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
All the way in South America! ??? Awesome you stopped by my fellow stoner and cannabis lover, yea they seem to be perfect for plants root system and better healthier roots equal better yields so this diary should be full of GREAT info that everybody should benefit from.

southpaw

Thundurkel? Under an HPS??? Sacrilege. :D

Just kidding man, can't wait to see what the air pots crank out. I think if I ever go back to organic soil, I'm going to have to shell out for some of those.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
yea I'm doing hydro organics I guess you can say cuz it'll be Roots Organics Coco Fiber Hydroponic Soilless Media and fed Oganicare Grow,Bloom,Boost,Calplex and Seaplex but I might use a bud swelling additive like Kool Bloom or Humboldt Nutrients Ginormous 0-18-16 which seems to be working pretty well in my micro grow with no signs of nute burn and buds are getting fatter so..... But yes everybody I'm playing with a HID grow finally hahaha should be interesting I'm probably going to get a LED grow light to mess around with and this is the one I want http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-120-Watt-High-Power-LED-Grow-Light-Tri-Band-R-B-O_W0QQitemZ180419870403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2a01dcbec3 I think if I had that running in my CFL cab I have now would be very interesting since it's only 2.5sqft

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

My light came today!!!
picture.php

Oh boy am I excited!! I have tons of clones ready to go and all my moms are happy and healthy!! Looks like 2010 is going to be a DAMN good year for me!!:woohoo:

seems like it was yesterday that I was drooling over DrBuds grows and piecing my lil file cabinet that I started with and look at me now hahahahahah I'm glad I started out the way I did cuz I know a bunch more about growing cannabis than I ever did and learned all kinds of ways to increase yield ect so my first HID grow should be pretty fucking good considering I know what I'm doing now!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
thanks I'm excited too!! I plugged the light in to see if it worked and what not and holly shit is this thing bright!!! I'm gonna pull some lbs under this bitch I just know it!

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
You are going to enjoy that 400w DR80 tent like a pig in shit. Here is some motivation for you from my most recent 400w DR80 tent grow:

(I apologize if you don't want pics posted....just delete them)

picture.php

-Funk

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Nice!!! That is inspirational, what inspires me even more is that I can pull 9-10 plants that are only 12-13" tall of my Thunder Goo strain under 252w of CFLs so I can only imagine how much fatter my nugs will be under HID if the hype is true hahaha

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so my tent should be here today!!!! I'm SO excited to get it! I do have a question for the HID guys lurking about, I went kinda cheap on my light and ballast which I can upgrade later. But my question is when I plug my ballast in should it take 60sec to ignite my bulb??? I felt like I got took when I plugged it in and nothing happened and then when I was about to email the seller it turned on. I've timed it and it's 60sec for sure is this normal? Wondering if I should've just saved up a lil more and went with a Quantum or Nextgen ballast...

MrBomDiggitty

Veteran
im no expert, but I've noticed my own setup takes varying times to fire up. I think they can misfire once in a blue moon, too. one time my lights didn't come on, thought I had a busted timer. now everything is okay

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Let their be light!!!!

Wow! This bitch is bright! I'm dying to do a DrBud grow with this and pack a bunch of bitches in my tent but I'm going for bushes on this grow and keeping my single spike cola's for the CFL cab which is looking LOVELY I might add :joint:

So I took some pics of my light while it was on and gave a top view of my hood to see what the OG growers have to say about my setup and if I chose things correctly..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not too shabby eh? Fuck me that bulb stays glowing red after it shuts off hahah I had to take some pics lol I'm sure you HID guys are getting a good laugh right about now at me being so excited about my 400w HPS when I was SO against em and I still will be if it doesn't blow my CFL buds out the apartment hahaha But this should be a good grow and I will be adding a few 42w 2700k CFLs and some 2ft 6500k T5s to tweak the spectrum for better resin production...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Oh YEAAAAAAA!!!! My DR80 has arrived!!! I have to make room for it in my corner and will take pics after it's set up in my room but you know damn well I put it together already in the living room hahahah I'm so excited!