What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys, i thought it was about time i showed my little setup - just a personal med grow.
My method is organic soil, using guano, rock phosphate and seaweed meal as nutrition. I feed a little biobizz bloom from halfway through flowering if i think they need it. my mix is pretty standard except i like to use topsoil in my mix (if you're growing in soil - why not use some actual soil? ).

My flowering cab is just over 2' wide by 2' deep and 3.5' high. i flower 4 plants at a time in 11 litre pots using a modular scrog method. each screen is about a foot square. I find modscrog a very flexible way to grow.

pics?

here is the cab at 42 days flower
picture.php

and the quarters -
back left = dr atomic NL
back right = Martian mean green
front left = 420 (burmesexFi)
front right = Sharksbreath
all these plants were flipped on the same day.

and here it is today at 60 days
picture.php

the NL gets chopped today - more pics of that later.

here we have 1 pot/quarter removed - you can see a bit better now how it is possible to get to the plants at the back as well as adjust the heights of each pot, allowing an even canopy even if different indica and sativa plants are grown together
picture.php

here is an empty pot with the modular screen
picture.php

screen is about 8" above the pot

any questions/feedback/criticizm/advice welcome
more pics in a minute.
stay safe
V. :abduct:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is the base of the cab with the drip tray removed. you can see the vent holes in the raised base.

picture.php

and with the drip tray - as you can see i have cut a hole in the middle so the air can get through the vent hole underneath - this works great and gets ventilation right into the centre of the grow - unless you knock it too hard with a pot and it falls off!:mad:. it also means i can use the drip tray to water the plants from the bottom or leave some water in there if i go away.
picture.php

here is the top of the cab - i built it to give maximum height in the triangular loft space. the fan and filter fit inside the roof above the light which is a 250 hps with ecotechnics diamond reflector
picture.php

up inside the roof - the fan is a 4" ruck variable speed fan which has 4 windings and changes speed with the temperature - works great but was expensive!
picture.php

more pics to post later of my mum and veg cab, and a few more of the plants.
thanks for looking
V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks gM! - been been meaning to do this for a while but its awkward taking pics in the loft and i dont get that much time with my grow due to lighting schedule and keeping it secret from the kids!

right here is a pic of my small veg cabinet - this has a 52watt cool white cfl floodlight . just enough for vegging up a couple of plants . its about 1' by1.5' and not high enough! perhaps 18" high. i may fit another 52 watt light in there if i think the temps will be stable enough.
also doubles as a drying room if necessary.
thats a NL in the foreground.
picture.php

and here is my mum cab closed - its an old kitchen wall cabinet about 8" by 3' long - enough for 5-6 mums. it only has 2x21watt t8 tubes in it but that seems enough for the mums as long as they arent too far away from the tubes. also fits a propagator in for cloning.
picture.php

here it is open. at the bottom is a windowsill auto waterer (just some capillary matting with a small res below) this allows me to leave it for up to a week without watering.
picture.php

the air intake for the grow comes from the built in wardrobe in my bedroom below - a 5" hole in the ceiling goes into the mum cab and then a 4" goes from the mum cab into the flower cab. another 4" duct goes into the veg cab and then into the flower cab. this has served me well do far. the temps in the loft will hit 100f in the summer so hopefully taking the air from the cooler room below will stop any problems. the winter was fine.

thats about it for the cab pics. some plant shots next.

V.:abduct:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sharksbreath.

Sharksbreath.

right here we have Sharksbreath from DNA genetics. its Great white shark x Lambsbread. My friend gave me the cut and he thinks it is the jamaican/lambsbread dom pheno - his wife is from jamaica so he should know!

at 42 days
picture.php

at 60 days - will probably give it another week but i dont want it to go too long as i think it will get pretty stoney with the shark influence!
picture.php

nug shot - nice pinkish hue
picture.php

close up
picture.php

NL next up :joint:
V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr Atomic Northern Lights

Dr Atomic Northern Lights

ok here the NL that i harvested today

at 4 weeks days - looks a bit of a mess and, being the least stretchy of the 4 that were flipped to 12/12 on the same day, didnt quite fill the screen.
picture.php

at 55 days - blurry pic sorry
picture.php

today at 60 days. some amber but mostly milky trichs
nugshot - pleased with this pic :joint:
smell is kind of musky, hard to describe. gonna have a fast dried little tickle of this in while.
picture.php

stay safe
V.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Looking really good dude. Planning to go for a similar modular SCROG setup once I've finished picking some mammas, so it's great to see the concept in action!

HashishinReidi

Always liked a good scrog , i must say i am impressed with you set up,Buds look the bizz.Verdant, how much do you usaly pull of each scrog if you dont mind me asking.

very nice indeed VG.. great use of space and well thought out... some killa buds with that 250 nice shot of the NL... always wanted to try that dr atomic nl .. always sold out :( ... keep up the great grow m8... what u got up next ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks all!

McSnappler - modscrog rocks! - ive got to come over to your diary and pick your brains about the cheese.

HashishinReidi - i'll let you know about yield - its only the second round in this cab and first time i used lst just so as i would have a comparison. i got about 5.5 oz that time but the cab was really only 3/4 full because one of the plants (DP fem flo) turned out to be a dud with male flowers and tiny yield.

i'm aiming for 1g/watt - which may be ambitious without hydro. i doubt i'd ever change from organic - very forgiving and i know it well.

John goodman - thanks man, up next? i have a few decisions to make. i want to make some seeds with a geurilla gold male i hope to find from a few seeds in the greenhouse. i have 4 maple leaf indica that should be ready to go but were very slow to get going due to maybe too rich soil and some light burn - i was shocked how the cfl could burn the young leaves. put em outside for the last couple of weeks and they've come good. i'll probably run NL again and make seeds, my Blueberry and make seeds. I have an arjans haze 3 which i havent run yet myself and a powerplant which i want to run and make seeds but is a bit small yet.
so 4 out of them :D :1help:
oh and of course i must run uk cheese but not ready to go yet.

what you smoking with all that seed making going in the future lol... i wish u the best...sounds like a plan...I've never done it yet ..soon come tho!

cya around bud

noexcuses

absolutely love this set up you've got man, after i get my first grow out the way i wanna clear it all out and rebuild and i'd love to do a mod-scrog with some mothers(my select favs) on the side and a veg section too. a good few months away for me but yours is looking great, love the purples on that sharks. sweet

Guvnor

Beautiful plants mate, they're obviously very happy up in that loft :) Great work VerdantGreen, using that space to the max

All the best

Guvnor :wave:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Guvnor! & noexcuses

trying to upload pics of MMG and 420 but my gallery wont accept them - pretty sure im doing exactly the same as yesterday. guess ill try again later
it says - Failed to write file. Check disc quotas and permissions for the path:etcetc

anyone?

V.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Martian Mean Green

Martian Mean Green

here is the MMG
first 2 pics at 42 days
picture.php

picture.php

and the last 2 at 61 days- looks nearly ready to me.
picture.php

picture.php

buds are rock hard, ive smoked this and its pretty damn strong - not sure it will be a keeper for me as i find it a but of a 'confused' high but i'll wait and see what mine is like!

gallery working again yay!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is a couple of pics of the 420 - looks very similar to the NL, in fact my friend and i commented that in veg they looked more like we remembered the NL to look than the NL itself. Very fruity smell
420 is Burmese x F**king Incredible

at 42 days
picture.php

and at 61 days
picture.php

lastly here is my newly acquired cheese mum on the left with a recently topped Blueberry clone (sativa pheno). Cheese looks amazing in veg - very zigzaggy. the blueberry doesnt look much yet but is a beautiful plant.
picture.php

stay safe
V.

noexcuses

sweet buds man, when do you normally put them through the screen or do you just plant them in the big pots with the screen already on and let them grow up to it? never done a scrog before but id love to on my next grow.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey VerdantGreen very nice set up mate
pullin up a chair
love that nl bud shot , thoose red hairs really set it off
:lurk:

:respect: