Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Chimera Genetics / Breeders Retail > Slk X Blockhead

Thread Title Search
Slk X Blockhead Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-19-2017, 05:50 AM #1
Gr33nSanta

Gr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of light
Slk X Blockhead

SleeSkunk X Blockhead ? I just dropped 10 seeds in water. I got them as freebies with my latest order from BR.

I have to say, I respect Chimera (from what I know of him, hash church) but I really think the information on his strains is lacking!

Anyway, when growing the gear from a breeder that has for mentor the mentor of one of my cannabis mentor, I have to have faith.

Any info regarding sleeskunk x blockhead can be shared on this thread and if all else fails I will have some pictures for you guys here, in like 4 months.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338819
Gr33nSanta is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:58 AM #2
Chimera
Genetic Resource Management

Chimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond reputeChimera has a reputation beyond repute
Kalbhairav's Genetic Resource Management Archive thread stuck at the top of the forum has information on all of the parent plants used.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...36&postcount=2

"The Silver Taco /SLK came to me as a cutting, so I can't tell you the exact heritage at the moment, but genetic testing is planned.

She came in a tray from a northshore clone house, and it was a mix of 3 types... all of them excellent, but totally different. One was a real kushy fuely OG-type that is very stocky (so not a typical OG shape, but pure fuel), one a classic Afghani variant that I dubbed 'Laughghani'- classic affi smell but more potent that any other I've seen, and the third I simply labelled as Silver Kush because of the market.

It's not a kush at all in smell or in structure,; she has a high terpinolene terp profile and it probably related to a Hazier expression of the original Sensi Jack Herer that goes back to the mid-90's. Not as much Yield as the island JH, but a really special, soft sweet piney nose. I teased the clones apart and ran tables of each, and they all made the grade based on bubble alone. The Silver Taco folds her subtending leaves in flower when you push the nutrients and makes these incredibly frosty valleys of secretory glands. Flower structure is excellent with large clusters up top and a calyx:leaf ratio that is near ideal. The stretch catches many a grower with their pants dow, so I like to bend down the main stalk so the apical the tip is about on par with the lowest side branches, and with that technique she makes excellent bushes, which although they stretch, the lower auxiliary shoots of each branch tend to stay close to the frame, making it and interesting plant to wind and bind to herself like a vine, keeping it from getting too wide.

The flowers are immensely frosty, the glands produce an exquisite essential oil that carries over well and makes lovely extracts and vape, and she has a pleasing hazy terpinolene-dominant nose that just hangs in the air. Did I mention how good the hash is? Isolate your 90u heads, you'll be in heaven.

HTH,
-Chimera"

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 AM #3
Gr33nSanta

Gr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of lightGr33nSanta is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks Chimera, I shoulda looked harder. I usually search for strains on s33dfinder or google.

All the Slk x Blockhead cracked within 20 hours or even less, them seeds must be super fresh.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:23 AM #4
Davlok5

Davlok5 is on a distinguished road
I ordered these seeds with my last order. I have smoked silver taco before and its is an amazing bud. I'm kind of full now with plants in my grow but maybe next round. I'm excited to here your results.
Davlok5 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:53 AM #5
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of40AmpstoFreedom has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davlok5 View Post
I ordered these seeds with my last order. I have smoked silver taco before and its is an amazing bud. I'm kind of full now with plants in my grow but maybe next round. I'm excited to here your results.
Whats ur smoke report on SLK? =) Particularly smell.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

Old 05-23-2017, 06:13 PM #6
Gr33nSanta

All 10 are up, they all came up together, all between 32 to 36 hours after I planted them.

I am stoked it is not a sleeskunk cross like I thought originally, means even more diversity in my veg room! however the sleeskunk in flower room is looking great, I gave her the sweet spot yesterday. I just wish I had her in 10 gallon vs a 7.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:29 PM #7
Gr33nSanta

Plants are just starting to show sex, got 3 or 4 males so far out of 9 seeds. It will be hard to select the best male given how young they are when I sex them and also how uniform they are!! Every single plant look exactly the same.

Not sure if Chimera can or want to answer this but Subcool says that using one of the last male to show sex (without being a runt) as a way to select the best male to improve potency, what is the science behind this, if any?

Old 06-16-2017, 12:45 AM #8
Guy Brush

Guy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the roughGuy Brush is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
Plants are just starting to show sex, got 3 or 4 males so far out of 9 seeds. It will be hard to select the best male given how young they are when I sex them and also how uniform they are!! Every single plant look exactly the same.

Not sure if Chimera can or want to answer this but Subcool says that using one of the last male to show sex (without being a runt) as a way to select the best male to improve potency, what is the science behind this, if any?
I have read about it. Usually, in the wild, always the early flowering males will be the ones that dust the ladies. Observation told, that, left alone, without breeder intervention, such populations degrade in cannabinoid content over time. Conversely this has led to the assumption that the magic must lie in the later flowering dads.
I don't know if there is really a science behind it.

Last edited by Guy Brush; 06-16-2017 at 10:54 AM..
Guy Brush is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:55 AM #9
Columbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post

I think when they talk about "late males" they are meaning males that drop their pollen last not necessarily the ones that show their sex last (pre-flowers). As Guy Brush suggests it's all anecdotal evidence I believe and has not been proven scientifically.

Old 09-06-2017, 03:02 PM #10
Gr33nSanta

Ive got 3 females in the room I think, at least 2, the other one has smaller buds and might end up being more of a keeper for my garden.

The smell is starting to develop. The one showed here is tagged slk x bh#1, picture was taken before I plucked some of the leaves. Video was taken just after where she went to her new spot in the room for the next few weeks.

Just looking at them I am already scared of budrot, I am really not into big buds strains...

Anyway, most people would be stoked with that plant but I think she will end up yielding buds too big for my liking. I like big yields, of resiny medium sized nugs.... colas, not so much.

Flowered on July 22nd

link to the youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Lm...ature=youtu.be
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slk x BH #1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	426950

7 members found this post helpful.