Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Best Value Vacs for extraction devices
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 01:37 PM #631
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyfish View Post
Why are you blaming the plastic containers?
because I lost ??? $300-$400 worth of seeds over the years that were stored in plastic containers (black).. most recently, I bought some cheese seeds (20) and received 5 more as freebies, the 20 were put into my metal stash box and kept in the refrigerator (4 out of 4 germed as expected) the other 5 were put into a black generic film canister. None of the 5 germed and none of the first bunch stored in a black plastic box germed. all seeds (over the course of months) were put into tap water in the same shot glass. Every one of them (from different breeders) sat in the bottom of the glass and would not roll freely when the glass was tipped from side to side. It seemed as if they were anchored to the bottom of the glass. I have been at a successful germing rate of better than 95%, except everyone of these stored in plastic containers. Its not science but 100% did not germ.

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2017, 02:13 PM #632
Spaventa

Spaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to beholdSpaventa is a splendid one to behold
Lots of kinds of plastics. Some degas poisonous fumes some don't. These plastic boxes may be the cause but I can assure you most plastic containers are perfectly safe for storing seeds.

Most if not all seeds are supplied packaged in plastic containers from the breeders so if plastic kills them, no seeds from any breeder would germinate.

I keep mine in their original breeder packaging inside a padded envelope in my fridge.
I don't soak seeds. I get over 90% success popping them on paper towel and moving to R/W.
One time I tried soaking (Shiva Skunk from Sensi) they all died.
Spaventa is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2017, 02:15 PM #633
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosync View Post
so...... whats the problem again? lol

looks good to me, the only thing i can think of is to keep root temps above 70f during night time..... possibly a heat mat on a thermostat, but at the risk of throwing your other parameters out of whack because your parameters are almost perfect and your plants look really good too
Hey chronosync,
Thanks man, I agree these ones in those pics are looking nice, my problem is that it is taking me a long ass time to get roots and I jut put another 30 in flower that have been veggin for a few weeks and the roots are just really small and not even filling the 1 gal pot.

I guess I am going to try adding perlite to my coco and see if I can dial in my feeding a bit better and add some bennies or some sort of root booster product.

Snook,
Thanks for the tip on Seeds in plastic. Seeds aren't cheap and if that saves even one seed from getting fucked up, then I appreciate the advice brother!

ICE & Skunk Special - Test Grow (Current Journal)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344134
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:49 PM #634
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
because I lost ??? $300-$400 worth of seeds over the years that were stored in plastic containers (black).. most recently, I bought some cheese seeds (20) and received 5 more as freebies, the 20 were put into my metal stash box and kept in the refrigerator (4 out of 4 germed as expected) the other 5 were put into a black generic film canister. None of the 5 germed and none of the first bunch stored in a black plastic box germed. all seeds (over the course of months) were put into tap water in the same shot glass. Every one of them (from different breeders) sat in the bottom of the glass and would not roll freely when the glass was tipped from side to side. It seemed as if they were anchored to the bottom of the glass. I have been at a successful germing rate of better than 95%, except everyone of these stored in plastic containers. Its not science but 100% did not germ.
Sorry you lost all those beans. But as has been said, it sounds like the problem was specific to the plastic containers you were using. Maybe you could post some pics of the containers you used, so the rest of us can avoid them! Thanks!
Jellyfish is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 02:25 AM #635
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
Quote:
Sorry you lost all those beans. But as has been said, it sounds like the problem was specific to the plastic containers you were using. Maybe you could post some pics of the containers you used, so the rest of us can avoid them! Thanks!
I will JF but have to get straightened out from the hurricane.. gimme a day or two.. basically one was the case of a pistol. I know gun oil but the black film cannesters had the same results.

like these..

https://www.amazon.com/M-Aimee-20pcs...film+canisters

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

Snook is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 02:37 AM #636
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
and keep a well detailed notebook

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
______________________________ _
Boyd Crowder is online now Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 03:53 AM #637
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
I will JF but have to get straightened out from the hurricane.. gimme a day or two.. basically one was the case of a pistol. I know gun oil but the black film cannesters had the same results.

like these..

https://www.amazon.com/M-Aimee-20pcs...film+canisters
That's interesting because I use the older film canisters with the gray tops, and have never noticed a problem.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:28 PM #638
Snook

Quote:
That's interesting because I use the older film canisters with the gray tops, and have never noticed a problem.
View Image
I didn't keep them in a refrigerator like the ones that did germ.
IDK but 100% of the seeds kept in them didn't germ...
my pea brain says: dont store them in plastic again.

Snook is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 05:13 PM #639
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

I wouldn't either. Thanks for posting a pic, I'll avoid those.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:27 PM #640
moonymonkey

moonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura aboutmoonymonkey has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

i had a small issue with soil in bags seemed ok,but found out the soil was holding too much water, using a 8oz cup weighed it 4,now wen i let it dry out a little weighed 2....already had too much water, cuz i didn't have any problem lik before with same soil....and transplant..peacethemoon:dance 013:
moonymonkey is offline Quote