Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Female Seeds > Test Grows > Outdoor growing with Female Seeds .............

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Outdoor growing with Female Seeds ............. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2017, 05:39 PM #41
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

OvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivor
Ive never seen sooooo many budworms in a plant. Ive picked around 30 from within the buds of this small plant.
The smell must be drawing the moths to this small plant over the bigger ones? It does smell great! Plus it has super dense buds that they must feel protected in. Until an angry farmer comes and pulls them all out.....
They havent done much damage as Ive been going through the buds everyday just about.
Gonna be harvesting tomorrow or the next day, just so I dont loose anymore buds trying to bring this plant to full finish in 1 more week.
- Captain James Symonds - USS Ronald Reagan
OvergrowDaWorld is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2017, 02:14 PM #42
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the rough
Jeez, that's an impressive number...
Nice job with the cleaning session, glad to hear that you are constantly present with the plants
So the ODG N.1 is like more of a stealth pheno since it does not smell that much isn't it?

Yep, good idea to harvest it in order to avoid major problems. But on the other you had no worms at all? That's strange but as you say the smell may be the reason...

Thanks for the picture updates, really love your plants.

Looking forward to hearing about the smoke and the effect,

Take care,
Mr B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvergrowDaWorld View Post
Ive never seen sooooo many budworms in a plant. Ive picked around 30 from within the buds of this small plant.
The smell must be drawing the moths to this small plant over the bigger ones? It does smell great! Plus it has super dense buds that they must feel protected in. Until an angry farmer comes and pulls them all out.....
They havent done much damage as Ive been going through the buds everyday just about.
Gonna be harvesting tomorrow or the next day, just so I dont loose anymore buds trying to bring this plant to full finish in 1 more week.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:52 PM #43
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

OvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivorOvergrowDaWorld is a survivor
ODGF #1 had a few worms. Not like the small plant.... That one was LOADED with them!!
Its hanging now to dry and IM still finding them bastards in the buds here and there. Pulled 2 out yesterday as I was looking through the hanging buds.

Im not a fan at all of the ODGF #2, small purplish plant. I wish I coulda let it swell and finish but it would have been full of rot if I let them worms have their way.
The #1 that is tall is a much better plant. Smells great too. A strong C99-ish smell.

Old 09-21-2017, 06:10 PM #44
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

Found a few more cats' in the ODGF#1. Had to cut out some nice nuggets. Next year Im using cheesecloth to cover our girls so we dont have to worry about that anymore. Really really bad this year. Caterpillars are in every plant. Just gotta be vigilant and be on overwatch duty daily.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:03 AM #45
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

The entire top cola and alot of the big chunky sidebuds are a total loss to cat damage on the sativa ODGF #1.
They just made condos in these plants.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 AM #46
snuicide

snuicide has a spectacular aura aboutsnuicide has a spectacular aura aboutsnuicide has a spectacular aura aboutsnuicide has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
ODGF #2 ~
View Image
looks almost like the indoor pheno of grapefruit I got - it is still an all time fav arround here. I m really sorry that it got worms :(
snuicide is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2017, 04:43 PM #47
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

We should still get about 4 zips off that plant after cutting the buds with cats' and rot out.
Big, huge buds on it. Shame these cats' are devouring it.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:48 AM #48
Female Seeds
Vendor

Female Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the roughFemale Seeds is a jewel in the rough
Those plants are just attracting more and more worms, I am sorry again to hear about this situation.
But did you already harvest both of the Outdoor Grapefruits?
And do you have any picture of the 2 plants?

Quote:
We should still get about 4 zips off that plant after cutting the buds with cats' and rot out.
Big, huge buds on it. Shame these cats' are devouring it.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:36 PM #49
OvergrowDaWorld
$$ ALONE $$

The ODGF #2 (small) I just gave it to my partner.
The ODGF #1 (big) Most of it turned brown on the insides of the buds while drying. I didnt have any luck with these in this environment. The reason it turned brown was because the pre-flower calyx's turned brown on the insides of the buds really early and it just spread while it was drying. Im sure Ill have alittlebit to try but I dont think this plant is right for my area. Oh well......... I tried. Pretty plants that maybe next year under cheesecloth may do alot better.
The only pics I got are already posted.

Old 10-06-2017, 01:12 PM #50
Female Seeds
Vendor

You said it, you tried it. And it went pretty alright because plants were looking healthy and happy.
The worms issue i don't know from where it came from, I can't imagine of a specific reason.
And about this brown pre flower calyx is also strange but i can happen too, sometimes is related to the plant itself.
In any case you had no mould or did you?

Thanks for showing off this variety to ICMAG growers, very much much appreciated ODW. I know that it was not the easiest grow but I hope that you enjoyed somehow, I enjoyed reading your descriptions and feedbacks too.

Thanks again and let us know as soon as you or your partner try it,

Take care,
Mr B.

Quote:
The ODGF #2 (small) I just gave it to my partner.
The ODGF #1 (big) Most of it turned brown on the insides of the buds while drying. I didnt have any luck with these in this environment. The reason it turned brown was because the pre-flower calyx's turned brown on the insides of the buds really early and it just spread while it was drying. Im sure Ill have alittlebit to try but I dont think this plant is right for my area. Oh well......... I tried. Pretty plants that maybe next year under cheesecloth may do alot better.
The only pics I got are already posted.