Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > Diy steel hoop house.

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
Diy steel hoop house. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2017, 12:43 AM #81
queequeg152

queequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the rough
wow your greenhouse base is fucking perfect.

what are you using? decomposed granite?

did you do any lime stabilization or anything? looks dead flat and nice and hard... im guessing you rented a plate compactor or something?
queequeg152 is offline Quote

Old 09-08-2017, 03:56 AM #82
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
Lol. I'm glad you like it but it's just dirt floor. Just used a small rented mini excavator to cut the pad. We have clay soil here. Must be an illusion. My work isn't that good.
Traffic and plant canopy keep weeds from growing i guess. I haven't pulled any.
CrushnYuba is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:33 AM #83
queequeg152

queequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the roughqueequeg152 is a jewel in the rough
ah lol. so its not as flat as the pic looks? maby it is indeed an illusion idk.

you didnt do any comapction though?

you must have really good clay.
hard packed cohesive clay is no joke, especially when you have a decent amount of non uniform non weathered weathered or sharp sand mixed in.

the clay we have here is literally like dirty potting clay one you get down a foot or so. it does not drain what so ever, its super expansive, and it will not compact what so ever.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:54 AM #84
Irish063

Irish063 is on a distinguished road
Looks pretty sweet man! Thanks for posting this.
Irish063 is offline Quote

Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 AM #85
CrushnYuba

CrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura aboutCrushnYuba has a spectacular aura about
No i don't do compaction. No need. It's solid red clay. Just do tractor work and run a sprinkler Hard a few Times and its not going anywhere. Water compacts it.
Needs a Few wet and dry cycles before it turns solid. You can't mess with it in the rainy season. You can't get the dry cycles and it just stays mush. It's sloped a bit over a ft over the 20ft width for drainage.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:50 AM #86
queequeg152

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushnYuba View Post
No i don't do compaction. No need. It's solid red clay. Just do tractor work and run a sprinkler Hard a few Times and its not going anywhere. Water compacts it.
Needs a Few wet and dry cycles before it turns solid. You can't mess with it in the rainy season. You can't get the dry cycles and it just stays mush. It's sloped a bit over a ft over the 20ft width for drainage.
nice man. regardless of how you did it... its great work.

is this tunnel pellet stove heated like your other ones? i imagine you still have a few months of good night time temps... so maby its not needed?

Old 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM #87
stinky

stinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the roughstinky is a jewel in the rough
Great thread! Thanks for taking the time to explain your build! I would LOVE to see the pictures that got deleted if you have the time.

Nicely Done!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....29#post8058629
stinky is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 AM #88
CrushnYuba

Queequeg: that one is not heated yet. I really want a big yukon husky wood/diesel furnace with ducting that runs down the length. Pellet stoves are rad especially for small greenies but for that size, i would need at least 2. Might do a pellet furnace.
Stinky: i don't have any of the old pictures but i will take updated shots that explain allot of the old posts. I will likely build some more greenhouses this winter. I may switch to all greenhouse next year but to get the same weight as My outdoor it wood be allot of greenhouse square footage. Thinking i might do it though

Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 PM #89
jaybodankly

jaybodankly will become famous soon enough
Nice thread. Greenhouse plastic can stretch and start flappin over time. I use a bicycle inner tube. Snip on either side of the valve and chuck that. Tie a rope to each end of the tube. Toss it over the greenhouse and tie it down. This will act as an automatic plastic tensioner.

I have used solar vents on un-powered greenhouses. They are like a piston you find holding up a the back of a hatchback car. Except they are filled with a heat reactive fluid. As it warms up the piston expands pushing the window fully open 70 degrees and close at 50 degrees.

Data Loggers are cheap. I use a SensorPush. Provides graphs tem/hum sent to your phone. Can set hi/low alarms. Will receive texts when out of range of your set point. $50 for each Bluetooth device. $150 for a basestation which will reach you where you phone can get service. Easy to set-up. I got one for veg, flower and outdoor. Easiest way to become a better farmer. Like having an assistant to tell you shit has changed better go take a look.
jaybodankly is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2017, 04:24 AM #90
CrushnYuba

Jaybodankly: i like your inner tube idea. I use batten tape for that type of thing. Don't seem to get much stretch on my poly though. I don't get any stretch when using string reinforced poly that is on the larger greenhouse.
I have tried those arms. They are a cool concept. Not really enough ventilation in my climate though and difficult to mount on long tunnels. Kind of necessary to have roll up sides here.
My controllers i build are smart. The relays and the sensors use WiFi. Rolling up sides, black out, fan ventilation, and heat can all be controlled by smartphone or set environmental condition.