Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Advertise on ICMag - Click for more info
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2017, 02:59 AM #1811
Samuel Caldwell

Samuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really niceSamuel Caldwell is just really nice
MaryMaven - email dubi through the Ace website and he/they will get back to you with their recommendations. The Ace forum here on icmag is also very active and dubi chimes in regularly. I'm in the middle of my first Ace grow, fwiw, so I'm a bit biased but so far everything is going great.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:46 PM #1812
MaryMaven

MaryMaven will become famous soon enoughMaryMaven will become famous soon enough
Thank you for your reply, Samuel! I appreciate the suggestion.

Good luck on your grow!! I hope it turns out "ACES UP"

Peace
Maven
MaryMaven is offline Quote

Old 09-06-2017, 10:04 PM #1813
antheis

antheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really niceantheis is just really nice
i just pulled a cob of cjsb out of the crockpot after 26 hours. couldn't get a good smell off the cobb itself, as i could only smell the corn leaf.
the bag however was another story.
the first wiff i detected a light, but familiar, scent.
the second, i got it: root beer, or sasparilla.
the third pull from the bag and i was able to discern a sharp note that cleared the sinuses. like eucalyptus and anise. followed by the sweet root beer note and followed up with a nice sugarcane scent.
i didn't open her up and she's still drying. waiting a month is going to be difficult on this one.
antheis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:52 AM #1814
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by antheis View Post
i just pulled a cob of cjsb out of the crockpot after 26 hours. couldn't get a good smell off the cobb itself, as i could only smell the corn leaf.
the bag however was another story.
the first wiff i detected a light, but familiar, scent.
the second, i got it: root beer, or sasparilla.
the third pull from the bag and i was able to discern a sharp note that cleared the sinuses. like eucalyptus and anise. followed by the sweet root beer note and followed up with a nice sugarcane scent.
i didn't open her up and she's still drying. waiting a month is going to be difficult on this one.
Nicely done just dry untill the skin feels dry to the touch then vac seal it to cure.
You should get a nice compact hashy textured cob of fine chewing or smoking heaven.
Find something else to do while it matures its worth the wait.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:46 PM #1815
palmero

palmero has a spectacular aura aboutpalmero has a spectacular aura aboutpalmero has a spectacular aura aboutpalmero has a spectacular aura about
Tangwena, thats all old stuff
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8047804&postcou nt=1231
Bud oldies are goodies

PEACE and thx for all

Last edited by palmero; 09-10-2017 at 02:48 PM..
palmero is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 AM #1816
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmero View Post
Tangwena, thats all old stuff
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8047804&postcou nt=1231
Bud oldies are goodies

View Image

View Image

View Image

PEACE and thx for all
Hi brother good to hear from you. Lovely cob my friend love the colors rolled gold looks nice and moist keep up the good work.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:43 AM #1817
stellarjay

stellarjay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Hi my friend I have had 3 phenos of Golden Tiger all very good.

Yes each grow is better than the last as I learn how best to grow her and when is the best time to harvest.
been enjoying your thread, tangwena. i have nicknamed this thread as "the thread that never gets old!" thanks for all your generosity.

would you mind sharing a few thoughts about your growing experiences with the different golden tiger pheno's? what specifically do you look for before harvest with these different pheno's when using your harvest for making cobs?

i am familiar with two of the pheno's, the malawi pheno and the thai pheno. the third pheno you speak of eludes me, but perhaps i'll meet her one day.

i figured this might be alright to ask since you are so fond of the golden tiger and it is not my intent to lead us off subject... too much anyway. lol!
stellarjay is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2017, 08:52 AM #1818
Tangwena

The first 3 pics are from 2013 GT the buds were tight balls and dried with a wild honey smell very lysergic effects chewed.
The second 2 pics are 2015 GT very lemon smell mixed with honey a bit stonier than the other but still outstanding chewed.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:55 AM #1819
Tangwena

Last pics 2015 GT very airy buds strong lemon smell, very energetic like a shot of coke instant high. Chewed this tastes very lemon cobbed, it is really motivating and is the only cob I have that can mix well with others.
If you have some Panama in the morning and a dreamy day long trip.
This chewed in the evening adds to the dreamy feeling and then takes over, no other two cobs I have are able to do this.
Most just sedate you and nail you to floor when mixed.

I am picking them later and later each grow and my next I will let them go longer again. I get most of my growing tips from this forum there are some awesome growers in this Ace forum "Terpene" is my favorite grower.
I just love curing the buds if I could get well grown buds to cure I wouldn't bother growing at all.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:02 PM #1820
stellarjay

stellarjay is on a distinguished road
very good info Tangwena! i've been reading a bit in the Ace forum so i'll look for some posts/threads of Terpene over there. as evidenced by those pics your plants look very well cared for. appreciate your efforts, brother.
stellarjay is offline Quote