Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Psilocyben Cubensis?

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Psilocyben Cubensis? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2017, 11:56 PM #121
OranguTrump

OranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud of
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzanianMagic View Post
Maybe you should make some spawn, and use it as mulch.

I know that the hemp bedding I use kept producing ink caps or Coprinopsis mushrooms.
Hey & thanks for joining in.

I have spawn from the kit - I'm going to do a couple bulk trays with it, mixing in 5 jars of BRF cake I'm gonna shred. I've also got 2 Golden Teacher quart jars I started 8/15 & a bunch of 1/2 pint jars with Penis Envy & B+ started 8/29.

I've prepared 1 Shot Gun Fruiting Chamber & am gonna do a second - pretty much all my cakes & bulk will be ready to run at approx same time.

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg

"Dave's not here"

*** RIP to the greatest character actor ever - Harry Dean Stanton ***
OranguTrump is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 AM #122
OldPhart

OldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by OranguTrump View Post
1 jar is virtually 100% colonized, the other 90%.

View Image View Image View Image

Don't rush them, give them at least a week after they are fully covered. I like to leave them in the jar till I start to see 'pinning' starting.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:31 AM #123
OranguTrump

OranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud ofOranguTrump has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPhart View Post
Don't rush them, give them at least a week after they are fully covered. I like to leave them in the jar till I start to see 'pinning' starting.
Oh, I will - I know they've got almost couple weeks, that'll give me time to get the bulk trays fully colonized & run them at same time.

I'm getting all my ducks in a row - then I'll get a couple of chambers going.

Thanks

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"Dave's not here"

Old 09-12-2017, 05:50 PM #124
OranguTrump

Talking 9-12-17 Family photos

Here's all the jars

The 2 GT started 8/15/17

The B+. 2 were started 8/29/17, top 1 was re-inoculated 9/9/17

The Penis Envy started 8/29/19

(Jars shown stacked for the picture, they are not normally kept this way. Upright & side by side is usual.)

I've moved all the jars up to the top floor of my house - bringing the ambient up a couple degrees & hopefully helping the B+ & PE out. The basement was cooling (window open & not using the tent yet) & the mycelium will do better if a tad warmer. The GT I'd already moved up there a week ago.

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"Dave's not here"

Last edited by OranguTrump; 09-12-2017 at 06:21 PM..

Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 PM #125
OldPhart

OldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really nice
Speaking of temperature, I have found that the more constant you can keep the temps the faster they will grow, and you don't get so much condensation on the inside of the jars. Also, keeping them a nice 80 degree or so, will make them shift into fruiting mode more abruptly when you put them in the fruiting chamber. I think it has to do with the change in temps. The best way I found to keep temps consistent was to get an ice chest, put a string of LED christmas lights in the bottom, put a towel over them, then put the jars on top of the towel. I have used a 5w string and it worked out very well (each bulb was only like 0.09w, so hot spots and over heating didn't seem to be an issue), keeping the cooler box about 7-8 degrees above room temp, and very constant. I have used a thermostat with a light bulb in the past, but love the low power christmas lights. I suppose if you wanted to really dial it in, you could use a thermostat with the christmas lights and really try to control the temps. Looking good there btw. So much more info out there now, my first attempt was with the original scratchy photo copy from PF that was ordered out of the back of HT mag. But you know what, shit really hasn't changed all that much if all you want is a hand full for personal use.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 PM #126
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
Great posts guys. Starting to get that old feeling!haha probably not a good thing but LOVING the thread non the less.

The tech is cool and the source of the tips is top notch. something all good threads have in common.
resin_lung is offline Quote

Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM #127
OranguTrump

Talking Prepared 3 syringes

Boiled distilled water for 10 minutes - removed from heat & one by one I prep'd each syringe.

Filled syringe 3 times with boiling water & disposed of water in separate container. Fourth time fill I left in, recapped and placed syringe aside to cool.

Hoping to do all 3 from the white button mushie sporeprint - it'll be a couple days before it's ready, so the syringes will have plenty time to cool.

Update: I did use the spore print to make all 3 syringes - under the SAB, flame sterilized fine edged scraper & a sanitized, iso wiped glass bowl. Gloves, lysol, etc. It took maybe 10 minutes total. I can't see any clumps in the solutions, but each 1 I did took about 1/3 of the spore print (which was a little bigger than a poker chip).

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"Dave's not here"

Last edited by OranguTrump; 09-16-2017 at 06:14 PM..

Old 09-14-2017, 04:30 PM #128
CosmicCharlie

CosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really niceCosmicCharlie is just really nice
Here is a pic of a cluster of outdoor Texans that I grew in 2012.

If you get a cluster like this indoors clone the biggest one.

CosmicCharlie is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:15 PM #129
OranguTrump

Talking 9-16-17 Updates

We have PINS!!!! The quart GT's are 100%+, and the one has a couple of early pins.

The move to warmer part of house has boosted growth - all the jars are showing accelerated mycelium from a couple of days ago.

PE

B+

I am a Pasta-Rasta

"Dave's not here"

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:17 PM #130
metsäkana

metsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of lightmetsäkana is a glorious beacon of light
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3153.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	428308

=) semilanceata season no need for cubes=)

silokki we call them or semi
metsäkana is offline Quote