What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre98 Bubba Kush & Katsu's Bubba Kush Comparison Thread

talktosamson

Veteran
When does the Pre 98 and Katsu cuts finish for everyone outside? First week of October usually down here on the Pre 98 even if I push it a few weeks it doesn't yield any better, just darker thrichromes.

I

Iron_Lion

Can any Bubba experts tell me if this looks legit? If so Pre98 or Katsu?

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Tough to say with just one leaf, it doesn't look like Pre98 but a plant shot would help a lot more.

This might help ya. Pre98 in veg.
picture.php

picture.php

I

Iron_Lion

hey thanks for the nice clear leaf pics. I'll have to grow out my mother a little bit to see if the leaves get wider. In your pics I see some leaves are wider and some are thinner. My mother is pretty cut up, but the structure looks similar, it's bushy with thick stems.

Cmobile9

Thanks VerdantGr, that's what I like to hear post up a day and time please.
Get them beans in.

Love to support the fundraiser fund and with some Bubba's I just set up a tent.

onelung09

i need those vg for sure i hope i get to try some pre 98 before i kick the bucket i would tap dance 10 hours straight for a cut .

talktosamson

Veteran
She ain't that good. IMHO. But I hear ya. Some seed offerings are worth exploring; Sour Bubble, Peyote Purple. Good luck finding her! :tiphat:

I disagree, Its got a killer taste and smell and knock you on your ass stone....its not super fast and not the biggest yeilder, but its great smoke so that's all that matters to me.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I had a feeling this would happen...

I had a feeling this would happen...

So you'd tap dance 10 hours for a cut of her, samson? That was my only objection, never said she was bad. In fact, I think she is a great outcrosser and makes nice hash. But I had a feeling my post might draw out some Bubba defenders. People who like this cut really like it. Kinda cultish, frankly.

Different people enjoy different smokes, you can tell me all the things you love about Bubba and it still isn't going to make me like her anymore. Trust me, I wanted to like her but I've smoked her enough to know she just doesn't do it for me.

She smells good, tastes good but isn't powerful in the least. Kinda boring, actually. That's just how my body reacts to her. I know some people read this and think I'm crazy but I'm not gonna front about liking something just because lots of other people do, too. I can only be honest about my own experience. YMMV.

talktosamson

Veteran
So you'd tap dance 10 hours for a cut of her, samson? That was my only objection, never said she was bad. In fact, I think she is a great outcrosser and makes nice hash. But I had a feeling my post might draw out some Bubba defenders. People who like this cut really like it. Kinda cultish, frankly.

Different people enjoy different smokes, you can tell me all the things you love about Bubba and it still isn't going to make me like her anymore. Trust me, I wanted to like her but I've smoked her enough to know she just doesn't do it for me.

She smells good, tastes good but isn't powerful in the least. Kinda boring, actually. That's just how my body reacts to her. I know some people read this and think I'm crazy but I'm not gonna front about liking something just because lots of other people do, too. I can only be honest about my own experience. YMMV.

Wouldn't tap dance for any cut, but have had the bubba for years and many other strains have come and gone. True though, people who love the bubba really do love it. I personally hate some of the hype strains, cant stand the smell or taste of blue dream, or any haze dominate strain for that matter.

I personally hate some of the hype strains, cant stand the smell or taste of blue dream, or any haze dominate strain for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Amennnnnnnnnn

G

Guest 88950

so very true man...........and it can be said about all strains and thats why i try and reserve my opinion until i try it.

i really like my p98 cut mainly because of how well it works on my spasms and the taste is to my liking.

G

Guest 18340

I don't know, I guess it comes down to personal taste. Hyped out or not, my pre98 bubba taken to 70 days will knock your peeshee in the dirt.:biggrin:
Her smell is a real security concern though...

G

Guest 18340

Her smell a security concern even with a carbon filter with a 10 inch fan on it?
Let me put it this way; I run a sealed room and my previous run of her (the run in the pics) exposed all the leaks I had. Needless to say, the room is even more sealed now.:blowbubbles:

Buddy Holly

bubba suits me just fine. katsu was cool but i prefer pre98 for taste. not the strongest but very chill relaxing smoke. good for friends that dont smoke often or know what bho is. hahah. i have a love hate relationship with her though. her yields suck and she is a snail in veg. top her and forget it you just lost a week easy.

evlme2, you sure that isnt katsu you're running? looks similar. p98bubba crowns out of the top of the base of the fans. doesnt stack like that usually. hard to tell from pics of course but just a thought.

G

Guest 18340

evlme2, you sure that isnt katsu you're running? looks similar. p98bubba crowns out of the top of the base of the fans. doesnt stack like that usually. hard to tell from pics of course but just a thought.
Sometimes the tops "crown", sometimes they'll come to a point. Depends on the temps in the room and whether or not I use bloom boosters...

onelung09

hey guys i was joking about the tap dancing maybe take down a ugly betty tho anybodys big ugly sister need some loving i got a root like a zebra horse