What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

low tech joint bubbler

S

Sertaiz

I prefer to smoke joints and bubble. It has a carb. if i had a more expensive apparatus i would not be able to throw it away when i like and have another one. I have made a doubler with two taped together before as well. straws work, this is ti leaf. papaya leaf stems work pens work.. ..
picture.php

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That is an ingenious device, Sertaiz.

Sometimes the simpler ideas work the best, plus if you had to throw this DIY bubbler away to stay "clean", it would look like a piece of discarded trash lying on the road.

The papaya stem is a nice touch a well, to add some tropical flavor.

Egzoset

Salutations Sertaiz,

Please allow me to describe the picture i see.

The whole "path" starts with a fire when all that's actually required is heat, which is meant to vaporize a layer of vegetal substrate while conveniently converting consumed material including wood fiber + glue to dust, literally...

And that's not about the best part just yet! A by-product of combustion is that it generates extra-hot exhaust gases near the fire's corona which end up being collected in a tubular "joint"/cigarette structure besides cannabic vapour: in other terms this by-product of combustion greatly simplifies maintenance while recycling combustion compounds and their secondary reactions, etc., in a way to amplify such "smoker" experience (e.g. read "CHEAT": just never care to mention the nuisance of combustion smoke)!

So...

IMO it's an oportunity to replace that smoke-generating heat source with something still close but a lot cleaner: Induction Heat imposes itself, or only a "Plan-B" if you'll satisfy contemplating the scene through a window...

No need to be a smoker to appreciate extra-hot exhaust gases in the path, imagine a simple piece of metal (called an IH "susceptor") that works much like "hot rocks" in a shamanic context, for example. Believe me, that hot metal body has quite some competitive advantages compared to fire, starting with providing artificial on-demand "hot rocks" heat which can be airflow-controlled in order to limit a bowl's heat exposure between inhalations.

In a "joint"/cigarette the heat source moves closer to fresher vegetal sustrate in steps that corrrespond to inhalations, while droping spent material around as ashes. Integration of Inlet Water and Induction Heat promises to replace extra-hot combustion gases with little more than H2O while my alternate "Plan-B" (butane-based) scenario adds CO2 seasoned with comet dust. In both cases you'd continue to benefit from the power of fire except no characteristic combustion involved.

M'well, at least that's what i see. YMMV! In any case there are 3rd-party IH drivers available and i can confirm the Montréal store where i got "UFO" shaped SS smoke filters (to later cut into 17-Holes discs) still had a handful in inventory last summer...

Details on "Plan-B" in my signature! :wahey:

Or accept a simple fact: the "effect" gained from smoking may seem like an edge but that's more like a cheat. That's a screen of smoke so to speak, e.g. What You See Is not What You Get.

Nonetheless, back to my description i'd conclude your huge bottle cavity appears to be about heat and particles removal which can be performed in more compact ways...

Too bad that's all there is to see in Egzoset's crystal ball. Think hot rocks anyway (or a close implementation)! A lot of fun awaits you ahead.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Our man Exozet never fails to deliver when it comes to rigorous scientific analysis, and oddly enough I am drawn to his summations like a hapless moth to a flame.

For some reason, I recall a college professor of mine, from way back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, and Jesus captained the Jerusalem Wanderers football team. On that lecturer's door was affixed the following inspirational poster.

"If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullchit."

Exozet is da MAN. My shrink WARNED me to stop reading your posts, but I REFUSE to follow that advice, regardless of the clear and present dangers to my sanity.

For the avoidance of doubt, I WILL read AND comprehend ALL research papers submitted by Exozet for peer review in this forum, historians take note.

Egzoset

M'well...

...Exozet... ...Exozet... ...Exozet...

Search Google for "Egzoset 2010" and variations about "running gags", that summs it up just fine. In other words that's hostile insulting cyber-bully stuff based on "Dramma Queeen Reputation Imports" - which ain't even a 1st occurence for me actually. Briefly put the evidence forces me to conclude you got bad breath and vile friends alike, hiding behind multiple identities.

Those manners are all i need to retain, except the reader has a right to access public threads free of 3rd-party formatting, far from the torments of fake popularity contests, as like when wearing the kind of distortion glasses necessary to justify/support cyber-abuse even among the staff of similar forums (as on FC on top of so many others, to make myself clear).

Never mind such cheap-talk from an obvious troll, dear eventual/future reader... My suggestion is to leave Swamp Thang to his own personal obcessions: e.g. Egzoset!! Yet another [ IGNORE ] item i'm afraid.

As the title announced, what we had here is a smoker who's after some healthier method and that's exactly what i provided without naming it: "Micro-Bursting" vaporization, which relies on my "Plan-B" scenario anyway.

So tell us why can't Sertaiz decide for himself? It's that simple!

:biggrin:

As far as i'm concerned i chose VaporGenie's patented design because of its materials, primarily, once i understood the true potential of Silicon Carbide in my intended application, sort of early; then even more after i realized through constantly rejected yet accessible experimentations that i must also require Inlet Water to be included in the solution, or at least as an option.

Egzoset_s_Bi-_Energy_Slogan.gif

It's all been explained elsewhere, clean-burning of butane generates extra-hot exhaust gases (H2O + CO2) plus "comet dust" from the 15 ~ 30 ppm "impurities" of a gas can. This concentrations level renders butane safe enough for use in kitchens, provided fire ALWAYS transforms it into moisture, carbonic gas, and said comet dust. That is why i called it my "Plan-B", because purists cannot deal with comet dust and that's where the initial preference of materials kicks back indeed, because it impacts yet-to-come Inlet Water compatibility (needed in replacement of clean-burning butane).

In comparison "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" concepts start around a piece of off-the-shelf 3rd-party supplied hardware that often depends on extreme heat-resistant materials as a result of their short-sighted/deceptive strategy: e.g. extraction that relies on slow thermalization capable of creating an illusion of abundance while it's nothing but a CHEAT, a screen of smoke literally. meanwhile energy dissipates in parasitic structures!

My proposal diverts from this conceptually-failed model, not to mention power-resistor "logs", etc. Instead my target is the contact-surface of a cannabic bowl where trichomes are relatively easy to differentiate both in terms of relative surface and mass.

This is essential for anyone who wants to benefit from a trichome's ability to package the goodies while performing filtration at the molecular basis. Those resinous glands are the Saint Graäl's purpose IMO, it's only a matter of rationalizing some fine opportunity properly and so far my "Plan-B" experiments have served to determine the approximate weight for an eventual IH "susceptor", to transpose into a "Plan-A" scenario that's still compatible with Inlet Water from extra-hot exhaust gases, or otherwise. Too bad "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" can't evolve to become this much "inclusive".

Ovenizers KILL flavour prematurely, in contrast i prefer to target trichomes via a pulse-mode ritual optimized to perform a wide-range toke, with all sorts of noble molecules released all at once.

The richness of a "Micro-Pulsing" toke easily compensates for loosing nearly half of the THC to fire if smoking, by amplifying aroma/taste appreciation through a time-compressed experience.

Etc., etc.

But how can one judge in advance without ever experimenting it 1st-hand anyway?!... Also please take note my contribution is done and the opportunity window is well over, no strings attached, don't thank me, although i bet history may do just that...

:thinking:

This far the only alternative is to derail that present thread and focus on a virtual forged character serving some obscur purpose totally disconnected from the expected subject.

But that's me. me, me, me!

Euh... Too bad we must differ of taste over the style thing i guess.

Anyway, although you may not be aware of this i already expressed those ideas to the attention of the OP, Sertaiz, right there:

[ https:// www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358283 ]
Inlet Water, Release/Transport Agent, Burst mode, Packetization, etc., etc...

Those ideas still await honest duplication followed by peer review. Make it as scientific as may seem desirable, post videos in Star Trek uniforms, whatever... As long as my directives are accounted for, like to benefit from the transitional features that emerge from juxtaposing materials with contrasting properties. For example:

picture.php

Silicon Carbide, Stainless Steel & Brass implementing an Airflow-actuated "Heat Valve".

Imagine, this little hardware is required to implement the "Shortest Path of Least Transformation" and that's even "Bi-Energy" compatible! Which should fix failed IH "Dry Flower" designs as from Loto Labs and Dr. Dabber.

The weight of my 17-Holes Metal Disc ranges around 0.75 g and hence its temporary energy-storage capacity can be determined by its Curie temperature, at least in principle. Such basic characteristic integrated into an easy-to-replicate experiment would give access to "Packetization" of the "Heat Burst", even precision "Micro-Dosing" and "Mithridatism" as a consequence.

Notice how my seemingly futile material selection step becomes determining as the topic develops. But Swamp Thang choses to attack personal credibility instead of taking the challenge himself.

A pity. My sympathies to the OP!

S

Sertaiz

thank yall for this, its great information.
nice that yall have known each other so long.

I am always after a healthier option for ingesting herb, and will try the vaporgenie someday, but right now i am bound to free things like coconuts and tin cans, that is why the steam bubbler made in jamaica seems to be my favorite method so far with free materials. im sure there is a thread but...

coals are kept in a metal can with holes poked in it, and held over the bamboo bubbler briefly to get a good hit.
what do you make of that egzoset? still a hot air ovenizer?

PDX Dopesmoker

I prefer to smoke joints and bubble. It has a carb. if i had a more expensive apparatus i would not be able to throw it away when i like and have another one. I have made a doubler with two taped together before as well. straws work, this is ti leaf. papaya leaf stems work pens work.. ..View Image

When I was 15 years old I got a job in a drug store in Virginia and we used to make bongs just like that when were smoking out back by the dumpsters. We'd either hook up a pipe to the stem, which was clear plastic tubing, or stick a joint in it. Those things worked great.

Egzoset

Hi again Sertaiz,

...nice that yall have known each other so long.

In all honesty lots of time & energy were lost to please self-serving gurus while still remaining seriously involved, increasingly away from fanboyism noise and such. Actually some significant spending ranging over 2000 Cannuck dollars was also required on the long run, just to be coherent in finding my own answers all by myself... That's what it cost me to "share the fun" for free.

So, my assumption was that you might want to use a fine opportunity to spare yourself some similar aggravation. YMMV but consider your initial spending as investment meant to optimize/rationalize cannabis consumption for the rest of your life: e.g. it pays for itself.

Avoid wasting resources on forum socialization unless you gained confidence you can afford it! What You See Is Not What You Get, remember: it's mostly based on a cheat, one way or the other.

:badday:

I am always after a healthier option for ingesting herb, and will try the VaporGenie someday...

Most unfortunately i recall back in 2012 this failled big time as i ended up giving it away after only 1 week of desperate attempts to operate it as suggested by its manufacturer.

My LAVA conceptual extension required 5+ years to reach a "Sweet Spot" layout iteration demonstrating the potential of a reversible Near-Symetrical "capsule" solution, with everything patiently tweaked to pave the way for Induction Heat, ideally. As a matter of fact this doesn't even include the 25~some months making circles around my table ovenizer, trying to address a worsening caughing problem which had already become serious after the 1st 6 months.

In any case selection of VaporGenie's Classic VG Pipe for my "Prototyping Platform" translated as a nicely pre-defined path that any handy guy can hope to duplicate successfully. No need to even endure many years of successive iterations trying to balance things around, here's the final layout cfg.: ~3.05 mm thick for my SiC Front Puck, 1.0 mm thick for my 0.75 g 17-Holes Metal Disc and ~2.45 mm thick for its associated Brass Screen wrapped Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck. Other dimensional details and features have been disseminated in previous pictures.

...right now i am bound to free things like coconuts and tin cans... What do you make of that Egzoset?

Combustion smoke gained popularity after the mercantile 1880-1881 invention of James Albert Bonsack and yet this proved to be an error of planetary proportions awaiting to be solved, not unlike today's "Hot Dry Air Ovenizer" frenzy which leaves too much of the human equation behind IMO...

Anyway, in case it may help lets simply say the guy behind Egzoset was initiated to Hot Knives + Hashich decades ago, which i find to conform better to the dirty-cheap consumption method seeked in your late description; in such context the idea of a 0.75 g Metal Disc (susceptor) replacing hot rocks in the path ain't as incompatible as it may seem but i can only advise to stick with "1-Hitter" vaporizers so far. Thinking if there really were one such product to really please me which doesn't require DIY involvement then i'd most likely have acquired it already, because it pays for itself on the long run...

S

Sertaiz

pdx, out back by the dumpsters brings back some memories. stumble back in.......

Egzoset, it has been a pleasure but i have to admit im still lost on ignition and where the weed is. weed is three layers down, and the lighter fumes get carried down with hot air into the lava chip, and then the stainless steel which is touching the weed? and its a contact heat which is better than hot air ovenizer. so lighter ignition. and then the other one is an electric vaporizer that has the stainless steel and lava and herb packed down inside the bowl? its hard for my to understand design sometimes, i am a lampworker and people will try to explain something and i say draw a picture. you have plenty of pictures i will look again...

Egzoset

Hi there Sertaiz!

...memories.

Hummm... If that's in reference to hot knives then so far so good.

...i'm still lost on ignition and where the weed is.

The only way to fix toxic combustion fumes is to make sure no fire ever happens in the 1st place. The good news is that IGNITION, specifically, just isn't required at all. Thanks to my Hybrid Core's transitional properties temporary heat storage will support pulse-mode consumption methods (i capture energy from a torch's corona to inject it as a "Heat Charge" into my 17-Holes LAVA disc - or "chip" if you prefer - which is a nice short label to put on it, thank you)!

:good:

So, no ignition: it's most toxic and consequently appears as a factor of Self-Vilification, while my beliefs call for the enhanced appreciation of noble cannabic molecules, in opposition to their destruction by igniting a fire...

The smoker habit implies that nearly one half of our vegetal substrate and its associated THC load end up feeding such a fire simply in order to vaporize the other half... IMO that's a most paradoxal outcome i sure wouldn't choose for myself again! There's just no way to reconcile 2 radically opposed statements merged as "Healthier Smoking" i'm afraid, it's a dead end with no bright future.

In addition the cost for a customized VG pipe in USA must be close to a hundred bucks, maybe less. It's paid in a matter of 3 months by cutting various optional domestic expenditures like TV - if you got TV, etc. ... The point is who can really afford not to switch?!

:2cents:

Sorry but NO IGNITION anymore! As for a cannabic load it's green and separated from my Hybrid (3-Layers SiC-SS-SiC) Core by a Brass Screen also providing resilient mechanical support for its "Top-of-Bowl SiC Puck", on top of protective heat-dissipation meant to avoid early hot-spotting inside a bowl... In clear this eliminates combustion by direct exposure to flames while helping to minimize the "baking" effect typically associated to ordinary vaporization, for the purpose of improved "conservation".

Remember, toking begins with the "Pre-Heating" of a Customized VG Sphere, once fire has been removed the temporarily-stored "Heat Bubble" or "Charge" is finally displaced into my bowl during "Inhalation" to vaporize its goodies, with airflow turning porous SiC walls into a short-lived but very dense/intense heat path targeting contact-surfaces in "Micro-Bursting" mode...

Over-heat situations are prevented by matching storage capacity and bowl workload, essentially: 1 Heat Charge gets depleted by tiny/light objects as trichomes floating above larger/massive vegetal debris better ignored, preferably.

...weed is three layers down, and the lighter fumes get carried down with hot air into the lava chip, and then the stainless steel which is touching the weed? and its a contact heat which is better than hot air ovenizer. so lighter ignition.

Well if we're still talking about my LAVA Hybrid Core then i'd point out in the usual sense there ain't NO "fumes" captured by its Flame-Catcher (and Monobloc, inside the VG Sphere), as this would generate confusion relatively to combustion smoke. Instead i prefer to think of "Extra-Hot Exhaust Gases", because it's about their ability to carry more heat (distilled water can do it too), which allows "Potentialization" of the "Release/Transport Agent". E. G. it's true in "Plan-B" some very "Hot Dry Air" mixed with equally hot H2O + CO2 enters my SiC Front Puck... The partial shielding of this Core Path defeats self-focussed Radiative heat vectors which proved largely responsible for hot-spotting if/when not addressed. More precisely, that metal disc itself plays multiple roles in many simultaneous situations. In IH mode energy arrives from within the stainless steel body then by virtue of simple physic laws a "Packetization"-based concept can emerge in terms of temporarily-stored "Heat Charge":

So, "Plan-B" offers to experience 1st-hand an approximation of such principles, much like if butane were the analog version of Induction heat. What you get is a window giving perspective on "Plan-A" by supporting a fair, affordable, reliable "Micro-Bursting" compatible implementation. Be warned that after this you'll want to have a try with IH mode, the Hybrid Core can be refurbished but it would require an IH driver...

Euh... While i think of it, the readers need to realize all these key-words help Google with indexation somewhat, anyway please pay no attention to any mercantilist-inspired fantasy features: that part ain't real.

...the other one is an electric vaporizer that has the stainless steel and lava and herb packed down inside the bowl?

My HA's heater element is inserted inside a teflon-sealed aluminium structure juxtaposing its top oven besides a convective heat storage cavity. Yet it remains an ovenizer is absence of any thermal barrier as in my Hybrid Core. This avenue proved futile kind of early, bags make me miserable and straw mode keeps its wasteful touch while flavour is quickly destroyed. In contrast i can leave my pipe and forget it with little repercussions, because heating stops in-between inhalations. The HA is thermostatic on the contrary, which implies the slow transfer/absorption/dissipation of heat, baking, etc. Generating tar-like by products on the long run, etc., etc... That's obcessive paraphernalia & ritual i learned to dislike today.

...its hard for me to understand...

1st-hand experimentation would enlighten your imagination, then you'd eventually succeed in infering your own solutions i'm sure. For example i can visualize a Hot Knife rendered porous by laser-drilling a multitude of tiny 3/64" ~ #55 holes through it. The resulting Heat-Exhanger part would have to get torch-heated then i'd promptly insert such "charged" hot knife inside a path delimited by thin SiC (or "Health-Stone") walls, to implement an airflow-actuated heat-valve function. The idea is to delay radiative heat until inhalation can begin, at which moment part of it gets converted as more convective heat quickly neutralized by my crispy-dry yet relatively massive cannabic bowl. But i'd need to manipulate skin-burning metal while providing some serious airtight setup and whatnot, etc... So i continue to bet on my present "Plan-B" ideas, having thoughts for an eventual "Plan-A".

Yet IGNITION is a No-No scenario if you ask me! I acquired confidence it's quite possible to replace the kick of toxic fumes with other appreciation features, so i wish you get there in your own time, when ready.

S

Sertaiz

ok so i think i got most of it. after googling your name i see this is a long running development.
so you hold a lighter up to a metal plate with holes, until hot, and then behind the plate is everything else, and when you hit you get more convection heat because radiative heat would always be there. but the convection heat comes through very evenly because of the layers and even heat of a piece of stainless steel.

in various formats, sometimes heated by infrared heat. im assuming a cooking infrared stove would do the trick.

so as far as i understand, and i like what you have made, this is still a hot air ovenizer, just more personalized with how you can take one hit at a time without baking the bowl in between hits.

I gotta say, this sounds a lot like the jamaican steam bubbler. i will find the thread or make on if it doesnt exist but im sure it does. you can use tongs and a single coal that has been burned past most impurities and watch the bud puff up like a baking cookie, and only have the coal there when hitting it. then its a bubbler after and it takes a fire, but is awesome.
so i would love to make a portable version, but i would probably like to have a small bubbler inline.

Egzoset

Hi there Sertaiz,

...so i think i got most of it.

Part of it, but this is your thread anyway.

...this is still a hot air ovenizer...

That's one hint about the part which obviously causes disagreement between us but i'd risk excessive topic steering if i dared to develop further on my own "Plan-B" scenario. Just follow the recipe to replicate then compare BEFORE/AFTER perspectives, that's my simple challenge.

...like the jamaican steam bubbler.

I see a similarity in "Release/Transport Agent Potentialization", where more than just Hot Dry Air hits the bowl, though i have doubts over thermalization.

...a single coal that has been burned past most impurities...

Hummm... As long as there is no short supply of oxygen to keep coal combustion clean. Yet i still see no good motive not to separate the paths to fix all exhaust concerns definitively.

In any case, even if the combustion of coal could be made as safe as you got confidence in it my previous referal to an airflow-actuated heat-valve remains absolutely valid if you wish to experience the difference allowed by "Micro-Bursting". IMO anywhere on a planet where man can find butane cans, food cans, etc., or a gun (...) i'd expect to find primary materials to adapt!

:dunno:

...so i would love to make a portable version, but i would probably like to have a small bubbler inline.

Replacement of butane by distilled water would still imply a form of liquid storage, though much more space-efficient i presume, but still wet nonetheless. Back to your topic, think of the SiC Foam/Metal/SiC Foam strategy... In absence of airflow it behaves as a thermal barrier, or a heat-source during inhalations.

S

Sertaiz

howzit, this is a good thread to talk this through, can go off topic as much as you like.

Egzoset, I definitely give you credit for your invention, combining various materials and teks to come up with a bunch of versions, and work out the bugs.
It has advantages of being portable, and used anywhere in the modern world with electricity, instead of having to have a fire. it has multiple advantages over other forms of smoking, including joints bubbled in bottles .

however, i still think that the jamaican steam pipe bubbler has the same effect of heat valve as you describe it, by allowing the user to lift the pan of coals away halfway through the hit, and then you can personalize the experience, as you said.

bufning coals is still a thing, and it would be nice to separate the pathways. there is no butane though, just the fumes from hot coals.

please make and sell your invention when you get it perfected. parts from china and build at home in bulk. i will test a prototype anytime. i am proper broke at the moment.

Egzoset

Thanks Sertaiz,

...go off topic as much as you like. Egzoset, I definitely give you credit for your invention...

As long as you realize it's actually an enthousiast open/free contribution to VaporGenie's existing USA patent #7434584 (B2), pretending to extend it with an "augmentation" of the yet-to-be-implemented (or long-forgotten) items of fig. 11/12:So, it would be more accurate to refer to the progress acquired as a consequence of my transition from VG's single (or dual) layer(s) design to what i described as a "LAVA" sandwich structure, where Silicon Carbide Foam conveniently contains a Multi-Function 17-Holes Metal Disc which happened to result from pure luck working in tandem with a trained eye assisted by imagination, while shoping around during Montréal's Jazz festival, euh...

It has advantages of being portable, and used anywhere in the modern world with electricity, instead of having to have a fire.

More exactly LAVA is a "Bi-Energy" conceptual complement to GV's patent where both the clean-burning (food-safe) combustion of butane and electro-magnetic Induction Heat can actually co-exist simultaneously within a very same consumption tool, KISS style.

Mutiple design errors have been corrected in the process, for example switching to blue torch fire has been a major step towards "Micro-Bursting" (VG recommends slow/steady inhalations instead).

As a matter of fact i'm presently working on an aluminium "Sphere" substitute, though i've got it cut in some solid 1.25" (dia.) round bar, then drilled a 5/8" hole in its center, turning it into a cylinder. My purpose for adopting such all-metal pipe scenarios is further resolution of skin-burn issues: "Micro-Bursting" only requires a very brief/dense 2.5 ~ 3 seconds "Pre-Heating" phase that doesn't give heat enough time to spread and dissipate to an aggravating level.

My Sherlock Bronze handle or the Classic-like aluminium handle can already stand torching now that over-heating situations can be avoided, hence my desire to realize an aluminium set where the Sphere is replaced with a 1.25" cylinder matching the Monobloc, shown next on top of a Classic (wood handle) bowl:

And now that i look at it i'm thinking you'd probably appreciate a sraight full-alu adapter version to match water accessories as yours. After all they ain't incompatible!

:2cents:

...however, i still think that the jamaican steam pipe bubbler has the same effect of heat valve as you describe it, by allowing the user to lift the pan of coals away halfway through the hit, and then you can personalize the experience, as you said.

Hummm... I can only share what i have, the thing is it's not exactly easy to perform "Micro-Bursting" even using my daily tool. That customized VG pipe supports at least 2 operation modes and it's true ovenization remains an option, so my present plan to adopt an aluminium top (instead of a wood "ball") is meant to improve compatibility with a 2-flames torch, actually. Because my heat pulse needs to be short and intense, with minimalized "Attack" & "Decay" periods, hence 2-Flames is even better.

I'll know in a few days how my intuition verifies, it shall be a pleasure to post pictures illustrating this latest idea - not to mention the Fire-Catching full-metal aperture could be made larger to accomodate combusting coal perhaps.

...there is no butane though...

Purists are correct to bring the matter of long-term exposure to Butane-related (gas can) "impurities", a problem to which i perceive at least 2 solutions: 1) IH mode + distilled water to retain the Inlet Water feature of clean-burning butane; 2) simply change to organic butane with none of the "impurities", if that's possible at all. In any case "Clean-Burning" is easily/efficiently performed using a butane torch while refill cans ain't too hard to find in civilized areas... Finding proper/reliable angle-torch lighters may be a tougher problem.

...please make and sell your invention...

So i was correct to insist over VaporGenie's intellectual property and the limits this implies! That's what it means to adopt a 3rd-party product to use it as a "Prototyping Platform".

...i will test a prototype anytime. I am proper broke at the moment.

My "opportunity window" is well over, except recently i got a chance to tweak somewhat further, dreaming of "Bio-FeedBack" applications made possible by plastic/metal Mating Junction interfaces, etc., etc. But i'm afraid the rest is up to VaporGenie, which is why i kept them informed (even implored)...

At the moment i don't suppose SiC + Metal + IH driving is patented, or a least not by VG; in addition i yet got to see similar structures which would correct existing failed "Dry Flower" IH concepts as from Loto Labs and Dr. Dabber.

How about an alu/metal LAVA-style bong adaptor anyway?