What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. H.W.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The last republican I voted for. He lost. I know he did some shit, but he was president when we went into Iraq in 90-91....
He kept his word and stopped us from advancing on Baghdad when Saddam pulled out of Kuwait. I will always be thankful and appreciate and respect him for that.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
RIP H.W.

RIP H.W.

This won't be popular here .and for all his flaws and faults as there are many at the end of the day this was a man that dedicated his life to serve this great nation the country he loved and I love so for that I pay my respects and I will honor his memory the 41st president of these United States Of America, RIP George H W Bush.thank you one final time for your service mr. president may you rest easy on the other side

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
A TRUE Republican.

Not this... this, whatever the fuck of an EMBARRASSMENT we have now.

Rest in peace, Sir, you were a TRUE Patriot...

Treevly

A TRUE Republican.

Not this... this, whatever the fuck of an EMBARRASSMENT we have now.

Rest in peace, Sir, you were a TRUE Patriot...

On the other hand, maybe we should turn it into a political pooh-flinging match as soon as possible.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Why?

In any case, RIP. I respected the man. Someone does not necessarily have to be of my political stripe (whatever that is) to earn my respect. I respect/ed most presidents.

As for the why ? well I guess Im assuming that this tends to be a liberal leaning place where small minded snowflakes like to take this as an opportunity to bash our current President which I wont tolerate
this is to pay respects to a man who gave his life serving The USA...

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
Forum choice is interesting, have to admit I’m slow to connect the dots on this one.
well I'd give ya a helpful post except your snide,sarcastic remarks just weren't helpful.
the forum choice was a mistake as this obviously belongs in the tokers den which is where I thought I put it.

PDX Dopesmoker

If you go way way back in history to the late 1930s and read Charles Lindbergh's diaries from that period or the New York press society pages you'll get a good idea of how closely entwined the Hinckley family is with the Bushes.
Fast forward to early 1980 and the mainstream media considered George Bush Sr a mortal lock for the GOP nomination. They sure were surprised when Ronald Reagan defied expectations and rolled over Bush Sr in the primaries, I bet George was even maybe a bit upset, but maybe getting the Vice Presidential nomination placated him a little. How little? It was just a pinch over two months after Reagan was inaugurated that John Hinckley Jr shot him, nearly making the Vice President into the real thing. What a crazy coincidence, right?
Fast forward again to late summer of 2016, Jeb Bush had been the MSM pick for the GOP nomination before the primaries started, but this crazy celebrity came out of nowhere and won and now it was time for him to pick a VP. Donald Trump decided to pick an off-balance, looney, alcoholic, openly-closeted homosexual who wears more makeup than Tammy Faye Baker instead of asking party-favorite Jeb, anyone wonder why?
So that speaks to the guy's competence an trustworthiness a little. Further on the topic of his competence I'd like to add that I guerrilla grew pot on government property during his era as chief law enforcement officer and not once was I even hassled slightly.
Another hilarious, but often overlooked aspect of the Bush era is that current Speaker of the House Paul Ryan was an intern in Congress during the early 1990s when there was a scandal about members of Congress having gay buttsex with pages and interns. A decade and a half later we found out that Dennis Hastert, who groomed Ryan for the gavel, also liked fucking young boys and knew how to get away with it, having partied with John Wayne Gacy in Chicago during the 70s. Thats another story I think we'll never learn the real truth about. Truth sure is stranger than fiction.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
your first post already ruined it. so that credit goes solely to you.

Oh, OK. I accept. If for no other reason than your forum of choice to post in.

So as a fan of HW and GWB, who both denounced the current office holder, you still fail to see what a fraud he is?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That totally made up for the no new taxes.

He did fight for interests that were held on a national scale so I give him props for risking his life for others' gain.

But I will assume horrible secrets died with him.