What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these eggs on my leaves?

TeamnWitTrichs

Hey everyone I was wondering if I could get some help. These past couple months have been rough and my plants have taken a beating. I was in the process of moving and my plants were forced to be kept in less than optimal environments, which delayed me in catching an infestation of root aphids. I have been treating them with cold pressed neem and a drop of dr. Bronners peppermint soap and seem to have gotten them under control (fingers crossed) and now moved on to using Beauveria Bassiana.

I also believe I have a russet mite infestation. My plants were dying before my eyes and thankfully I have been able to save them thus far. I have been spraying with wettable sulfur every other day for six days and in between those days I have been cleaning the leaves with aloe and water. Then giving a 3 day break and starting again. I have done this for 3 weeks or 3 rotations so far. My plants have been improving a lot and I haven’t seen anything moving on any of the leaves this past week but believe I am still seeing eggs? Which doesn’t seem to make sense to me?. I am wondering if anyone can help me ID what i’m Seeing on the leaves as russet mite eggs or if it is something else, possibly not even an egg and just sulfur residue. If anyone can help me out i’d Appreciate it!

Attachments

• 87502A07-C3FF-4637-804D-B334ECADF80F.jpeg
    87502A07-C3FF-4637-804D-B334ECADF80F.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 18
  • C8E8A999-F032-4A24-A290-78E99BE5FEC9.jpeg
    C8E8A999-F032-4A24-A290-78E99BE5FEC9.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 4B4BBCE8-64BE-4A03-9136-C2D3541FF2C5.jpeg
    4B4BBCE8-64BE-4A03-9136-C2D3541FF2C5.jpeg
    13.1 KB · Views: 19

TeamnWitTrichs

On a side note I believe both the root aphids as well and the russet mites came into my garden as a result of buying a bag of cheap mushroom compost.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Use Pro-Mix as a medium. IMMEDIATELY go to a garden store or hardware store and get HOT SHOT NO PEST STRIP. That will solve your bug problems.

TeamnWitTrichs

After reading about them I’m not going to be using the No Pest Strips they don’t seem safe to use.

Can anyone tell from the pictures if those are eggs? Idk how I’m finding eggs if I can’t find anything moving

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
slow down

slow down

So sorry you're having problems with your grow. Its hard to tell bro. One way you can tell, is isolate the egg. Take a permanent felt marker and circle the egg gently so you can find it, and see it easier. Check it every day and in 1 to 5 days, is there any change. If its a egg it will hatch and go somewhere. Once you know, you will know what this egg looks like for the rest of your future grows. It takes a little patience but its worth the effort. You have the answer.

TeamnWitTrichs

So sorry you're having problems with your grow. Its hard to tell bro. One way you can tell, is isolate the egg. Take a permanent felt marker and circle the egg gently so you can find it, and see it easier. Check it every day and in 1 to 5 days, is there any change. If its a egg it will hatch and go somewhere. Once you know, you will know what this egg looks like for the rest of your future grows. It takes a little patience but its worth the effort. You have the answer.

That’s a good idea thanks I’ll gonna do that today

beta

Veteran
Hot Shot pest strips are SEVERELY neurotoxic, whoever recommended them is an idiot. I'd never ever take growing advice from anyone who gives you a treatment without first identifying the pest.

TeamnWitTrichs

Hot Shot pest strips are SEVERELY neurotoxic, whoever recommended them is an idiot. I'd never ever take growing advice from anyone who gives you a treatment without first identifying the pest.

Lol yeah I agree, I grow organically as well so there wasn’t really a chance I’d use that

TeamnWitTrichs

I just read a post by jaykush while looking thru different threads on russet/broad mites about using lavender to kill russet mites and their eggs. Does anyone have any more advice on this?

My understanding is letting 1/4 cup of lavender flowers sit in water for 48 hours then sift out the flowers and spray the plants. Does this mixture go bad? I am going to pick up some dried lavender flowers today to make this spray and some seeds to grow a lavender plant to use in the future

beta

Veteran
I just read a post by jaykush while looking thru different threads on russet/broad mites about using lavender to kill russet mites and their eggs. Does anyone have any more advice on this?

My understanding is letting 1/4 cup of lavender flowers sit in water for 48 hours then sift out the flowers and spray the plants. Does this mixture go bad? I am going to pick up some dried lavender flowers today to make this spray and some seeds to grow a lavender plant to use in the future

Again, you need to ID your pest before you start looking into treatments. This is for sure not a hemp russet eggs, those are impossible to see without a higher power microscope.

TeamnWitTrichs

Again, you need to ID your pest before you start looking into treatments. This is for sure not a hemp russet eggs, those are impossible to see without a higher power microscope.

I did use a high power USB microscope to take that picture, I didn’t see the russet mites myself prior to this picture being taken but my wife did while inspecting. Now after about 3 rotations of wettable sulfur application this is all I am seeing, and nothing moving

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Try mixing Tabasco or chili liquid 3:1 product and water to spray 2-3x daily on leaves. Not toxic and bugs hate it.