What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC GG#4 & Lemon Skunk

Hydro8

I have been running a very basic RDWC system in a 4'x4' tent with 600watt light, it has been bulletproof, inexpensive and super easy.

This RDWC system probably takes about $100.usd worth of parts to build. I have played with larger reservoirs and different designs but the current one works great and is simple. I am a huge fan of the KISS(Keep It Super Simple) method.

picture.php

^The two plants GG#4 & Lemon Skunk(In the front) were not the best match to grow together the Lemon Skunk was lengthy and shot up fast while the GG#4 was short squat. I bent the Lemon Skunk all over while the GG#4 caught up, then flipped them.

They are at 4 weeks GG#4 in the front

picture.php

Hydro8

The Lemon Skunk is the strongest smelling lemon - citrus I have ever grown, it is smelling amazing .. ! Can't wait to smell taste it after it has packed on some more oil and crystals.

Right from the start this one just grew like crazy I have been tying it and bending it all over to keep it from crashing into the light. It was relaxing to flip it and know it would calm down and put that energy into the flowers.

picture.php

The Original Glue #4 smelled funky not even sure how to describe it earthy and ?? I noticed the smell is changing a bit not sure how to describe the change ether. This GG#4 is probably one of the strangest plants I have grown. Should be interesting.

picture.php

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Lemon Skunk is the strongest smelling lemon - citrus I have ever grown, it is smelling amazing .. ! Can't wait to smell taste it after it has packed on some more oil and crystals.

Right from the start this one just grew like crazy I have been tying it and bending it all over to keep it from crashing into the light. It was relaxing to flip it and know it would calm down and put that energy into the flowers.

View Image

The Original Glue #4 smelled funky not even sure how to describe it earthy and ?? I noticed the smell is changing a bit not sure how to describe the change ether. This GG#4 is probably one of the strangest plants I have grown. Should be interesting.

View Image

Nice job youre doing Hydro8 :tiphat:

Hydro8

4 Weeks the Lemon Skunk is coming along nicely. The smell has turned sweet like lemon candy, smells so good !

picture.php

picture.php

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Hi.
They look stunning in your system.
Can you share some info on your kiss RDWC method please!
i have a LV lemon skunk clone from a friend going into a NFT system next week, hope i can keep her happy as yours.
cheers

Hydro8

Hi.
They look stunning in your system.
Can you share some info on your kiss RDWC method please!
i have a LV lemon skunk clone from a friend going into a NFT system next week, hope i can keep her happy as yours.
cheers

Thanks azad.

I try to give you a simple run down of the KISS RDWC I currently have going on. Basically it is 5Gal bubble buckets linked together with 3/4in(Inside Diameter) black vinyl hose with a reservoir.

picture.php

In the reservoir I have a small pump that circulates the water. The pump I am currently using is 185GPH to adjust the flow and keep the system level I attach a small section of ¾ hose and drill holes into it until the water flow is even to the system. The pumps are about $20.usd on tru the internet. I set the pump on a timer to 30min on / 60mins off.

picture.php

To change the water in the system I attach a hose to the pump and drain. Takes about 20min to do a full water/nute change.

I have played with bigger reservoirs and more buckets. I found that 5gal reservoir works just fine for 2 buckets and a 12gal tote works well for 4 buckets.

Hope that gives a good overview of the system.

I look forward to seeing the LV Lemon Skunk in the NFT system. I am starting to like this strain, I hope it smokes as well as it grows and smells.

Last edited:

Hydro8

Looking fantastic :good:

Thanks Blaze.

Week 8 the Lemon Skunk stinks. My carbon filter cannot keep up my back yard smells like weed. I will be happy to harvest this one, possibly next week.

picture.php

The GG#4 is a couple of weeks behind the Skunk. It is filling in and putting on weight well. Smells very sour.

picture.php

Hydro8

That lemon skunk is drool worthy. Sweet lemon smell?

Yeah, it smells almost like candy or lemon baked goods. I have had plants that have the citrus lemon smell but never as sweet as this one.

It will be interesting to see how it cures and smokes.

TheBlaze

Some of my Lemon Zkittlez have the same smell. Others have more of a lemon cough drop smell. I prefer the sweet ones.

DiverDave

Thanks, it is really the plants doing all the work, lol

Thanks, it is really the plants doing all the work, lol

Quote Hydro8 : [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, it is really the plants doing all the work, lol

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't let those lad[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ie[/FONT]s fool you , they are not doing all the work .
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are .. they are just in it for the FREE room and board and the ride[/FONT].:tiphat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DD

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]r[/FONT]eat thread .. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pulling up a chair .. keep up the great job!

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hydro8

Quote Hydro8 : [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks, it is really the plants doing all the work, lol

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Don't let those lad[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ie[/FONT]s fool you , they are not doing all the work .
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You are .. they are just in it for the FREE room and board and the ride[/FONT].:tiphat:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DD

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]G[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]r[/FONT]eat thread .. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]pulling up a chair .. keep up the great job!

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

They do get free room, board and food. lol

Thanks for stopping by.