What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4 315cmh 1 1000hps 4 plant tree grow.

I'm using 4 315cmh 1 1000hps 4lin a 4 plant tree grow. I usually use 4 600 HP's and a 1000w but it's been warm so I changed to the cmh's from the start of flower. The strain is karmas sour power og which is probably a little below average yeilder in this method. The plants are about 5 weeks into there 9 weeks of flower. I probably won't take any pics as I can't get in there to take any. The plants were vegged to the same size they would be if they were going to be flowered with 600s they haven't got as big and bushy but look very happy with lots of arms. I deleafed on day 1 and day 28 of flower hopefully this will allow the light to penetrate into the plants.

I'll let yous know how things go.

Once these plants come down all being well I'm goings to swap the 4 315w CMH lights for 8 260w quantum board LEDs hung vertically and leave the 1000w HP's in the middle. I'm hoping the LEDs will give same yeilder as 4 600w hps lights but keep the plants more compact.

Not enough space to take pics with any perspective it's like a jungle in there. I'll try and get some pics whilst harvesting and again with the LEDs in place.

Couple of plants.

Attachments

• tmp-cam-7218911524773210057.jpg
    tmp-cam-7218911524773210057.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 55
  • tmp-cam-583323745298084367.jpg
    tmp-cam-583323745298084367.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 63

Blazeee

Veteran
Great work mate, love to see indoor tree grows. What do you reckon you will pull of the one pictured above?

Tahoe22

Subbed. Great looking ladies. love to see nice trees, especially vert style. Have you been doing vert for long? i've only ran horizontal, wondering what the learning curve is like

Subbed. Great looking ladies. love to see nice trees, especially vert style. Have you been doing vert for long? i've only ran horizontal, wondering what the learning curve is like

Been doing vert for a while, it's easier than horizontal for me. Doesn't really work unless you have separate veg space though turn arounds to long. These are in 40ltr Coco hempys feed twice a day pretty simple. Also tie them up early into flower and keep up with it makes a difference in yeild.

Tahoe22

Been doing vert for a while, it's easier than horizontal for me. Doesn't really work unless you have separate veg space though turn arounds to long. These are in 40ltr Coco hempys feed twice a day pretty simple. Also tie them up early into flower and keep up with it makes a difference in yeild.

What is it that makes vert easier in your eyes? Canopy management etc or what? I can see what you mean with the dedicated veg space. Do you still have to veg them for a certain time before being flipped or do you just move them into flower and flip immediately?

What is it that makes vert easier in your eyes? Canopy management etc or what? I can see what you mean with the dedicated veg space. Do you still have to veg them for a certain time before being flipped or do you just move them into flower and flip immediately?

Easier because dealing with less plants and cuttings but if one dies it's a large percentage of your crop. I sometimes give them a couple of days to a week on veg in flower room while I gradually increase the wattage on the lights till there on max as some strains get light shock and start to droop looking under watered if you put them on max watts straight away. But if there big enough and I know the strain reacts ok to max light I put them in flower straight away maybe turn lights down for first couple of days. One thing im struggling to work out is best method for veg: is it bare bulb or lights about also topping the plants or not. I've tried each way and I'm still not sure. At the Moment it's 600w MH above the plants topped when they have four side arms. Gets me to bushie 5 foot plants in 9 weeks. I think the biggest variable is not tieing the plants offen and properly yeild improves/drops by about 10oz if I'm on it all the way through.

Latest posts

Latest posts