What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite grow podcasts old or new

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
CannaRed

feel like ranking those In order of favourite ? ;)

Im down for some podcasts, just wondering whats best to start with.

Ive also listened to the KIS ones and liked some of them, some I didnt get very much practical knowledge out of them, still interesting though.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well i started out with Kyle kushman. It's good but sometimes when he has a guest they are hard to hear. Like an episode I really wanted to hear with frenchy the has maker, but his audio wasn't good and neither is my hearing. Then I started the dude grows show. It is excellent. My only beef is that there is no description of the episodes on castbox. Danko is great too. Right now I listen to grow cast the most. I like how they and dude still upload new podcasts. Danko and kushman don't anymore and they are a few years old. My favs are the grow science episodes. They smoke slot on air so sometimes they get... Off topic.

Any one know any other free apps to listen to free podcasts?

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Don't forget The Weed Nerd with Subcool on youtube. :D

hahaha, I actually clicked on one the other day and couldn't stand the guy. To showy offy for me.People were right he's pretty pompous. Blasting metallica and singing and blowing smoke for the first 5 mins. Not my style. Im sure there is some substance in there somewhere but theres plenty of other options out there.

fizz

You're growing Agent Orange though Paulie so he must be doing something right lol.

TBH Subcool's show is more of an insight into his personal feelings and techniques, not so much an educational talk show. That said, I prefer the episodes where he's filming out in the garden and sharing growing techniques and ideas.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
You're growing Agent Orange though Paulie so he must be doing something right lol.

TBH Subcool's show is more of an insight into his personal feelings and techniques, not so much an educational talk show. That said, I prefer the episodes where he's filming out in the garden and sharing growing techniques and ideas.

Yeah I guess pretty ironic that I am. Then again, it is my first time growing out TGA. I chose it based on everyones opinions on here. I know that some of the strains are hit or miss with potency though but the smells and tastes are what he breeds for. We will see how it holds up to his reputation.

fizz

Having grown many of his strains old and new, I can tell you first hand that nearly everything he produces is top shelf. I've never had a seed failure with TGA, and with his JTR you're very likely to get two seedlings in one seed lol. He has arguably some of the best fast flowering sativa lines in existence with his Jack Herer selections be specific.

Personally, I stick with his lime green hazey leaning strains. I didn't really enjoy Querkle and any of those purple indica strains, but then again I'm not a fan of super dense buds. To each their own.

G

Gr33nSanta

I agree TGA's gear always fire, though Ive grown about 4 packs of Spacebomb over the years and I am convinced that it used to be better, I feel he lost one of the original parents but who knows...

I just found one spacebomb similar to the first I grew years ago and I really love that strain.

Agent Orange was my first best yielding plant, 5.5 oz 12/12 from seed, everything was fire. All other AO I grew had the great orange smell but none came close to that plant that pulled 5.5 oz, she was straight fire! A little more on the JTR side.

Everything else I grew from TGA was always fire, I just ordered a pack of cuvee, I m stoked!!