What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
The word envy is coming to mind when I see these wonderful cobbs. Have to say.. not smoked anything in many weeks, have not eaten anything in many many weeks, except small cbd piece a week or two ago now. It actually hurt quite badly. Missing the gift that keeps me on the same plane of existence as tangwena and others. I’m afraid I may be losing my gall bladder soon. Not sure yet and not sure what that may mean.

When the day comes, I’m ready with these. They look to be aging slowly but steadily. Note The shorter dry seems to darken more. Seems on track from what I’ve read here. Soon I’ll add two large ka5h plants to the Cobb pile, with improvements. Good health to all.
Larger doses can work well to remove the worries we all feel now and then.
Its like rebooting a computer wiping out all the unneeded stuff in the back ground.
Or going on a much needed mental holiday. The residual effects can last a few days, by that I mean the clear mind.

Tangwena

Veteran
Thanks ! understand about not smoking like a joint - but if on makes small one's - can they be smoked like a cigar ?
Theoretically if they were loose enough.
But seriously if you need to smoke something bigger than a pinner you need to find better weed.
When I still smoked if I wasn't high enough after 3 drags I was disappointed big time.
Smoking too much is seriously bad for your health.

Tangwena

Veteran
Beautiful cobs there! I love the "sequence" of shots showing the evolution of it, spectacular!

Heal well, and fast!
Thanks brother I'm well on the road to recovery now and enjoying the extra effects abstinence gives you as a reward ha ha.
I had to dig up those pics from my threads its good to be able to research things years later I forget really fast these days.
I will be growing the seeds it was made from next grow. I cant wait to make more cobs of these plants.

Taima-da

@airplane you could make tiny long ones with a piece of skewer or similar thin thing through the middle that you can pull out once cured. This way you have some capacity to draw air through and get it burning. I think there might be a photo of exactly this that someone put up earlier in the thread.

@DozerFarms just make a start.
Dry your ganja so it feels dry, but still retains a small amount of it's original water content, even if just in the stems.
(The time this takes depends on density of your starting material, relative humidity at your location, air movement, etc.)
Push the air out and seal it up.
You're aiming at a low to no oxygen environment.
To kick off the process you can optionally warm the pack at body temperature for a few hours. (The drier you material is the more this is a good idea.)

Here you can keep it warm or, if you're happy for the process to continue slowly, at room temp.

Open after a week or two to inspect and make a call as to weather you need to dry it well to slow the process (if it already looks dark), or just dry to touch before sealing up again (if it looks good).
Wait.

Always keep an eye on the colour and smell. It will tell you a lot once you have done the process a couple of times.
The speed at which it happens is relative to initial moisture content

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Today I'm aiming for some planet far away from here ha ha.
been sick with the flu for a couple of weeks so now I'm better time to hit the space race with the best cobs I have made in a long while.
This is a blend of two plants a purple pheno of Mulanje/Malawi Gold x Malawi/Ethiopian I made in June 2021.
First pic the cob made in 2021

View attachment 18861965

Then after curing and ready to age.

View attachment 18861964

And now a chunk I have in a jar for daily use the jar still smells of lime/pine which comes across nicely with a fermented fruit smell when chewed.
The high is pure mayhem laughter, dancing fired up brain very creative and lots of energy really makes life beautiful.

View attachment 18861963
Awesome, looks delicious:love:, enjoy your smoke moment.:greenstars:

Tangwena

Veteran
@airplane you could make tiny long ones with a piece of skewer or similar thin thing through the middle that you can pull out once cured. This way you have some capacity to draw air through and get it burning. I think there might be a photo of exactly this that someone put up earlier in the thread.

@DozerFarms just make a start.
Dry your ganja so it feels dry, but still retains a small amount of it's original water content, even if just in the stems.
(The time this takes depends on density of your starting material, relative humidity at your location, air movement, etc.)
Push the air out and seal it up.
You're aiming at a low to no oxygen environment.
To kick off the process you can optionally warm the pack at body temperature for a few hours. (The drier you material is the more this is a good idea.)

Here you can keep it warm or, if you're happy for the process to continue slowly, at room temp.

Open after a week or two to inspect and make a call as to weather you need to dry it well to slow the process (if it already looks dark), or just dry to touch before sealing up again (if it looks good).
Wait.

Always keep an eye on the colour and smell. It will tell you a lot once you have done the process a couple of times.
The speed at which it happens is relative to initial moisture content
What he says my friend. TD makes the most awesome cobs. I'm sure you can do a search of this thread to see some.
If you like what you see dive right in with that recipe.
Thats the beauty of all the people posting their cobs here. Its like a recipe book if you condense it to just cob posts.

ProfessorLefty

Thanks ! understand about not smoking like a joint - but if on makes small one's - can they be smoked like a cigar ?
Theoretically, I guess you could cob up a cannagar (cannabis cigar that’s pressed in a dedicated cannagar mold and wrapped with fan leaves)

1688734656062.jpeg

blondie

What is a good way for one to get started in this style of curing pure sativas, dont have to be easiest way or cheapest way just a good way to do it!

I’m new to this as well but for my first time, I just eyeballed the size vacuum bag I wanted, sealed one end and stuffed it full. I hand pushed buds into the bag and kind of rolled it up with hand pressure. Somewhat like rolling a J but I was applying as much pressure as I could. Not real fancy but seems to have worked reasonably well. Next idea is using a vacuum cleaner hose/tube. Hard plastic and using something slightly smaller diameter to pack bud down in. Maybe a broom stick. Don’t know quite yet. I have a hydraulic car jack and am trying to figure how I can use this. At the very least by hand will get you started. I need to pull a freebie blueberry soon and may experiment with this plant even though it’s indica.

The cigar mold looks like a reasonable idea. I’d rather use what’s on hand if possible though for now. Thats me. Good luck...

Tangwena

Veteran
Mine usually don't look half as good as Hombre's or yours, (or those of any number of people on this thread these days) but I like 'em well enough.

I do love making and chewing cobs!

After years of jars etc I'm so glad to have found.

Thanks again for sharing🙏
We are all learning as we go brother your input is just as valid as anyone else with a midas touch.
Dont doubt it yours are as good as anyone elses mine included.

I chucked a heap of leaves and stalks ect from my last harvest into my compost tumbler.
It made some nice top dressing with all the other green scraps in there.
But now I have dozens of really vigorous young seedlings sprouting under my mango tree where i put the compost ha ha.
Oh how I wish I could just let them all grow. Its pretty amazing it being the middle of winter here.

img_2924-web.jpg

Last edited:

airplane

Theoretically, I guess you could cob up a cannagar (cannabis cigar that’s pressed in a dedicated cannagar mold and wrapped with fan leaves)

View attachment 18862503
were can I order them there molds ???? that's excatly what I'm looking for - then after molding them - then vacum seal - then once "cured" - unseal them ; pull the stick out and then smoke as a rolled joint ?? think this will work ???

sneezydog

Not really... looks wasteful/ gimmicky to me. Better just vac seal some herb, if you cant be bothered to tie it up first with some dryish corn husk and any rope. Paracord is awesome. If not tying tightly, at least step on it as it vac seals. Then ferment, check smells, etc. Break a piece up after aging and full drying, and crumble it into a pinner. Tang just bustin your balls about cant smoke it in a joint. :)
But im sure if you did some vac seal curing on those they would be better than fresh... and might work cherry so if you got the extra funds to play with show us !
Im thinking you could get a tighter product with a bamboo sushi roller though. And still put a skewer in the middle.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tang you could go take stem rubs and choose a lucky few... :)
I have a hermie Mulanje flowering just for fun its dropping hermie seeds that are sprouting as well.
The plant is indoors behind a window that has sun all day.
But the seeds outside in the cold (6c at night) are much more vigorous and look stronger.
They could be anything from Colombian Gold/Demon Latcher x Mulanje Gold to Mulanje or Mulanje Gold I just cant believe they germinated, day time temps never get higher than 18c at the moment.
My next grow is slotted for September as I will be away fishing in August. I cant wait to get another grow going.
Hopefully by the end of the year the Greens will have made good on their election promise of legal home grows.

airplane

Not really... looks wasteful/ gimmicky to me. Better just vac seal some herb, if you cant be bothered to tie it up first with some dryish corn husk and any rope. Paracord is awesome. If not tying tightly, at least step on it as it vac seals. Then ferment, check smells, etc. Break a piece up after aging and full drying, and crumble it into a pinner. Tang just bustin your balls about cant smoke it in a joint. :)
But im sure if you did some vac seal curing on those they would be better than fresh... and might work cherry so if you got the extra funds to play with show us !
Im thinking you could get a tighter product with a bamboo sushi roller though. And still put a skewer in the middle.
thanks --makes sense

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Last night was party night!

I decided that my contribution to the party would be a special cob smoking mix; For some strange reason some people seem loathed to eat it.

It was a small open air Psychedelic Trance Party to celebrate a young friends 50th. Open air dancing, 2 good DJ's, a cool tube and awesome pizzas being cooked on site for those who's stomachs were not too queasy. ;)

The Mixture was 50% Zac Tribute (up and giggly), and 25% of both Golden tiger (strong and trippy) and Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian (Energetic and clear).

I left the jar on the table, along with the 2 jars of mushrooms that the hostess had provided and told people to help themselves.

By the end of the night everyone was raving, and lot's were raving about the cob as well. The older folk were saying it was like weed used to be but eve clearer and the younger one's were shocked at being really high and still able to function. Everyone who tried it preferred it to anything else that was on offer. Several asked me to explain the process; Difficult after eating half a gram of GT, a handful of Mushies and a dab of Mandy.

A cracking night indeed. Feeling a little tired today in the 37 degree heat, but once in a while it's good to have a good dance with friends!

Enjoy your cobs brother.:D

airplane

Last night was party night!

I decided that my contribution to the party would be a special cob smoking mix; For some strange reason some people seem loathed to eat it.

It was a small open air Psychedelic Trance Party to celebrate a young friends 50th. Open air dancing, 2 good DJ's, a cool tube and awesome pizzas being cooked on site for those who's stomachs were not too queasy. ;)

The Mixture was 50% Zac Tribute (up and giggly), and 25% of both Golden tiger (strong and trippy) and Mulanje x Malawi/Ethiopian (Energetic and clear).

I left the jar on the table, along with the 2 jars of mushrooms that the hostess had provided and told people to help themselves.

By the end of the night everyone was raving, and lot's were raving about the cob as well. The older folk were saying it was like weed used to be but eve clearer and the younger one's were shocked at being really high and still able to function. Everyone who tried it preferred it to anything else that was on offer. Several asked me to explain the process; Difficult after eating half a gram of GT, a handful of Mushies and a dab of Mandy.

A cracking night indeed. Feeling a little tired today in the 37 degree heat, but once in a while it's good to have a good dance with friends!

Enjoy your cobs brother.:D
reference a good/safe company/site to purchase mushrooms