What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High CBD strain Lists and Descriptions

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
No problem, in deep you make a very good reading, a lot of people read the whole article and keep on saying wrong things and also you find growing medicine that I never link, so you make also your part to understand this history and is a pleasure to have so good readers, thnaks you for spread the light

Yes I think there is many phenos of Cannatonic renamed, this is due that Cannatonic is general name but has many many phenotypes for diferent reasons. Just my next article as was announced in 2014 will be about Cannatonic in America, including the diferent elite clones, the banks that use it and cups receibed, there will be also information about Ringo
Well Done..

I hope Michigan and the Huel Perkins cut of Cannatonic get a good look from you sir...%38/1 ratio

HMadera

Well Done..

I hope Michigan and the Huel Perkins cut of Cannatonic get a good look from you sir...%38/1 ratio

Yes, the Huel Perkins cut will be in the article but have read diferent analisys, can you give more information about this clone? who selected it etc...?

About Michigan I have no idea of what clon do you mean, can you explain me more?

Best Regards

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Yes, the Huel Perkins cut will be in the article but have read diferent analisys, can you give more information about this clone? who selected it etc...?

About Michigan I have no idea of what clon do you mean, can you explain me more?

Best Regards
Yes sir,
The clone was selected by a member here named Huel Perkins. She was then passed freely thru the community here in michigan. She has won several cups. Very sativa leaning, somewhat finicky but well worth the time to grow.
Last year motarebel won the Michigan High Times cup. This year Ninfold Genetics is entering Atonic. The Perkins crossed with Bodhi's Good Medicine male..
Michigan has been working hard on CBDs well before the craze.

R

Rubber Chicken

What do the effects on a very high CBD and very low in THC feel like?

Like no effect on the mind?

I am growing some CBD crew Mango Haze CBD and Nordle CBD mainly out of curiosity to see how they feel but i got some CBD crew Therapy seeds too which are 20:1 i think.

Thanks for any help. :)

The Revolution

Veteran
I apologize for miswording your post, wasnt my intention, but it did cover the jist of what you were saying. Im curious why patients are feeling the cbd varieties are the "least" Medicinal.. I still believe that the more complex the cannabinoid content and terpene content the more a variety should be valued as "medicine". However, thinking further, each variety affects each person differently. Perhaps the CBD has the least immediate, and noticeable effect on patients, while the THC is immediate, and very noticeable in its effects.

Im currently growing out the Cannatonic #4, which to my understanding is a medical cut from Michagin. It was gifted to me by a very generous friend. Its Cannabinoid Profile tests consistently at 1-2%THC, 1-2%CBG, 1-2%CBC, 15% CBD.
Im anxious to test this in oil extracts, and also the mixing of it with other high thc varieties in Oil extracts. Also curious to experiment with some different hybrids. Though I dont have access to a testing facility, I would like to get some seeds out to those that do.
Is anyone else growing this variety and can comment on the terpene content? Im able to find several samples tested by iron labs in MI, but they only test the cannabinoid content, and not for terpenes.

Where did I say that?
Plants with CBD can be very medicinal, if they have enough terpenoïds in a wide spectrum.

What I said was "Strains high in CBD have the least medicinal effect".
Not according to those who sell them, but according to people who use(d) them and have a prescription for;

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ADD, ADHD, Anorexia, Anxiety disorder, Artrose, ASIA (auto-immune/inflammatoir syndrom), Asperger syndrom, Autisme, Back pain, Brain dammage, Brody syndrom, Cancer, Chronic pain, Cramp/spasme, Cluster headache, COPD, Crohn disease, CRPS2/fml, CVS, Depression, Discopathy, Dystony, Dystrofy, Eating disorder, Epilepsy, Phantompain after amputation, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome (FBSS), Fibromyalgie, Glaucoma, Heartattack, Hepatitis C, HIV/AIDS, high bloodpressure, HSP, Incomplete paraplegia, inflammation, internal wounds, Kidney insufficiency, Lyme disease, Migraine, MS, Nausea, Nerv pain, Neuropathy, Osteoporosis, Psoriasis, PTSS, Radicular pain syndrom, Raynaud disease, Reuma/reumatoïde artritis, Restless legs, Restlessness, Sarcoïdose, Scoliose, Sleap disturbance, Stroke, Tinnitus or Whiplash.

Real people.
On average they rated high CBD a 2 (the lowest rating) and high THC a 7 (the highest rating).
That confirms what experienced medical users had already figured out; it's all about terpenoïds, which high CBD strains usually lack.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
What do the effects on a very high CBD and very low in THC feel like?

Like no effect on the mind?

I am growing some CBD crew Mango Haze CBD and Nordle CBD mainly out of curiosity to see how they feel but i got some CBD crew Therapy seeds too which are 20:1 i think.

Thanks for any help. :)
A dab of Perkins will roll thru your problems (physical and mental) like a cool mountain stream..it re-convinced me cannabis is medicine

The Revolution

Veteran
Paladin are you familiar with the cannatonic #4? U or someone above mentioned these cuts being renamed. Is the #4 a widely known cut or renamed possibly? Ive found data from it at iron labs web site, but not much info on it otherwise.

R

Rubber Chicken

A dab of Perkins will roll thru your problems (physical and mental) like a cool mountain stream..it re-convinced me cannabis is medicine

Do you know the CBD%/THC% of Perkins?

Is that the genetics CBD crew use in their crosses?

Thanks.

Betterhaff

Veteran
Just to clarify, the Perkins cut was selected by Huel Perkins in Michigan, there is not a clone called Michigan.

@ paladin420, didn't want things to get confused or lost in translation.

pinkus

Veteran
Still waiting to try different CBD strains as what i tried I would label "not worth it" (and that's me being nice after feeling cheated). It was like antabuse for weed. :/

Is the cannatonic #4 and Huel's cut the same? I think the info is probably over at RIU.

I see that Greenhouse is now selling CBD strains... But no landraces yet from their many "expeditions":yappy:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Is the cannatonic #4 and Huel's cut the same? I think the info is probably over at RIU.

I see that Greenhouse is now selling CBD strains... But no landraces yet from their many "expeditions":yappy:
Two very different separate plants. . .#4 leans indica..the Perkins lanky satica...

So far all the pure CBD oil I've sampled tasted cherry. Very cherry

I updated the list with some of cbd crews new regular male/female seed strains... CBD Divine, CBD 3D and CBD PH.

If anyone has any other strains (or varieties or cultivars:whee:) I should put on the list...just tell me. It's been hard to keep track of the new seed companies and cbd seeds lately

-pH

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
adam dunn was asserting the cherry/CBD correlation last year when i was still listening to his show.

i'm skeptical that they are actually connected. i think it's more likely that we've made the majority of the available CBD cultivars out of the same ancestry, and therefore there is not a lot of genetic variance in CBD expressing plants.

by contrast, the amazing variety and specificity of terpene profiles available in the popular "elite" cbd cuts out there are the result of decades of poly hybridity, afaik.

just my humble hypothesis :biggrin: :joint:

enough with my opinions, here's some FACTS: lab results back from two gage green freedom baby ladies (harlequin x joseph OG). notice how the delicious and beautiful OG dominant pheno has ZERO cbd haha. womp womp. to be expected from an f1 cross of a type iii mom and a type i pop.

13402205_229009160819296_1181283354_n.jpg

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
adam dunn was asserting the cherry/CBD correlation last year when i was still listening to his show.

i'm skeptical that they are actually connected. i think it's more likely that we've made the majority of the available CBD cultivars out of the same ancestry, and therefore there is not a lot of genetic variance in CBD expressing plants.

by contrast, the amazing variety and specificity of terpene profiles available in the popular "elite" cbd cuts out there are the result of decades of poly hybridity, afaik.

just my humble hypothesis :biggrin: :joint:

enough with my opinions, here's some FACTS: lab results back from two gage green freedom baby ladies (harlequin x joseph OG). notice how the delicious and beautiful OG dominant pheno has ZERO cbd haha. womp womp. to be expected from an f1 cross of a type iii mom and a type i pop.

View Image

The #4 and the Perkins could not be more different cultivars, both are very cherry dabs.. just sayin.. haven't tried the Tora Bora, pennywise, et al...or the Perkins out crosses yet...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Paladin are you familiar with the cannatonic #4? U or someone above mentioned these cuts being renamed. Is the #4 a widely known cut or renamed possibly? Ive found data from it at iron labs web site, but not much info on it otherwise.
Sure. I may possibly spread her a little maybe sorta ?? She's all over prob gets renamed more often than I change my shorts ; )~
Very indica. Fairly easy grower. Best CBD numbers when pulled 'early'.. clear no cloudy.. Nice frosty hard nugs. Good bag appeal smell....

Perkins is sativa leaning, finicky but still produces well.. 0.03 HTC makes her 'lllegally hemp I believe

All high CBD strains cluster in a chemically distinct group so you'll always get about the same chemotype.

You get the "best" CBD numbers if you pull late according to this recent study.
That is "best" for the sellers, worst for medical users.

This thread shouldn't be in the medicinal cannabis forum because high CBD strains are the least medicinal, they have almost zero effect.
Or at least that should be made clear in the OP.
At MNS they think eventually everybody will stop using high CBD "due to its limited effectiveness".

The Revolution

Veteran
How is CBD the least effective medicinally?

How is CBD the least effective medicinally?

Im confused why you guys are saying cbd varieties are the least effective medically.. Isnt CBD provedn to search out, attack, and reduce cancer cells and tumors? Sure we cannot feel this going on immediately, or see it with the naked eye, but isnt this important, medically? And potentially life saving?

How can you say its the least effective, and have almost zero effect?

All high CBD strains cluster in a chemically distinct group so you'll always get about the same chemotype.

You get the "best" CBD numbers if you pull late according to this recent study.
That is "best" for the sellers, worst for medical users.

This thread shouldn't be in the medicinal cannabis forum because high CBD strains are the least medicinal, they have almost zero effect.
Or at least that should be made clear in the OP.
At MNS they think eventually everybody will stop using high CBD "due to its limited effectiveness".

Latest posts

Latest posts