What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flowering Supplements To Use With Canna

robbiedublu

I use the complete canna lineup and do well, just wondering if i'm missing anything or if there's something I should add to push my plants a bit more. Suggestions?

baunty

Hello There!
My question is can I use Canna Boost for soil?
I got the bio line but accidentally I bought the regular Boost instead of the organic one.
If its possible how should I use it?

Robinson

I think nothing more needs to be added, you can overdo it and only make it worse. For now, limit yourself to Canna, my advice to you.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Canna Coco A+B is one of the best base nutrients out there. Its so clean and produces well. I've had great results in flower going with 5 ml/gal part A and 7.5-8 ml/gal part B. Some strains don't need that much nitrogen so backing off part A works well. Recently mixed in 5 ml/gal of Hesi Boost and it worked very well with barely any leaf tip burn throughout flowering.

-Funk

GodspeedGrows

IMO people love to piss away money. I have used multiple lines over the last 6 years. The fact is, your plant can only do so much with the inputs. You can use just straight maxibloom and get absolutely incredible results. In using the CANNA line, you've got all your bases covered. I have experimented with throwing in bloom boosters from fox farm, blue planet, and H&G. You are better off focusing on other things. Perhaps throw in some FAR RED emitters to get flower initiated earlier?

gr866

Veteran
The only change from the full Canna line is I use Liquid KoolBloom instead of PK13/14. Why? I had a gallon when I switched over to Canna nutes, used it and it has worked well for me. When I run out I will probably try PK13/14 for a few grows and see how it goes. KoolBloom is a little cheaper.
I run reduced rates for A&B, 200 to 250 ppm in veg and 300 to 350 in flower. The rest of the line I go with their recommended rates, and run Boost at the mid point of their recommendation,
Now running reduced rates for A&B, you have to supplement Cal/Mag. I use Epsom and Cali/Magic. I have a page that shows what is needed if you reduce rates. Will post it if interested.
My main problem is I like to push the plants and tend to get some burn. With this grow I am not going to push them and see how they respond.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Canna substra is the most complete line I've used. I added a mix of calmag for a couple strains I grew, but basically, w canna, nothing else is needed.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I've found bloom boosters can only do so much for you. Genetics play the biggest role in production as well as enviromental conditions. Having used Tribus, Mammoth P, and Recharge I can tell you that biological innoculants are the difference makers. A basic low dose PK booster combined with a regular innoculants will save you money and give you better quality and quantity.

-Funk