What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi I'm new here

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Both of those are soft woods that if you made a pipe out of would only last 1 session and like Bud Green says you would be smoking them the entire time. Literally smoking the pipe.:laughing: Don't kids do the soda can pipe anymore?
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F110662%2F609b5196c15b4cca9a0156ccec3b0de9.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
That's not an aluminum can.is it ceramic? Pretty cool.ive got a glass cup shaped like a beer can I'm using for beer right now.

Becka

Thank you. I am new to pipe smoking, so I wasn't sure. I was thinking it probably wouldn't work. Probably was a stupid question, 😅 Anyway. Thank you

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Yeah it's an actual ceramic pipe made to look like the can pipes from our youth. That is not my can pipe in the picture, it was just the best looking one that showed up for can pipe :D

Egzoset

Salutations Becka,

I was wondering if I could use balsa or basswood as a bowl for smoking.

Theoretically that's possible, though bowl weight would most certainly prove impractical. Think of heat-shaving spiders without burning the house down using a butane torch: hairs on spider legs only require some relatively small amount of energy to catch fire and glow, then its abdomen eventually explodes... Better extinguish that flame before paint or varnish suffer!

I am new to pipe smoking... ... Probably was a stupid question...

It's the smoking part which doesn't make sense, while asking questions is generally healthy.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

The recommended materials for pipes are glass, titanium or decent quality brass. I personally prefer glass, though it can still be hard to come by in some places. Online head shops may be an option?

:D