What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seedboutique stock NOW AVAILABLE at REAL GORILLA SEEDS.

I wood

Can you please state what method you are using for germination?

Washing them with diluted bleach or h2o2 very well followed by a slight scarification and a heat Matt greatly increases germination rates.

Thanks for your info!

First round of 3 of each was soaked in h2o2 solution a few minutes the on to paper towel wetted with same solution and in a plastic bag.
5 seeds of a cross I made about seven years ago were started at the same time. All five sprouted and are healthy. I do this for something like a control and to test my own seeds viability.

Second batches were scarified and then the same procedure followed.
I haven’t given up on any of them yet, all that didn’t pop in paper were moved to the worm bin for a second chance. Carefully marked of course.

I wood

Here is a great thread about vintage mexican seeds and a lot of information on how to get old seeds to germinate on different ways.

Yes, I remember that one and plan on rereading it soon. That’s where I got the worm bin idea in the first place.

Last edited:

I wood

Here is another great germination thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=172749

Thanks again, I remember that one too now that you bring it up.
One of these will be built tonight to attempt some more fighting Buddha, 0/4 so far after 5 days, they are in the worm bin for a second chance. Feeling positive after good results on the luang Prabang.
Highland Mexican x blueberry had 2 of 3 pop in 48 hours with the 3rd looking like it is starting to sprout also.

More 0% and 100% germination rates than expected, interesting, I would have guessed more middle spectrum results given the age of seeds.

Mengsk

Sweet haul from Real Gorilla Seeds today! Super fast and discreet shipping, thanks again. Cleaning up the grow area at the moment among other things. In addition to the REAL GORILL4 and Super Cream Cookies indoors, lots here to choose from. O̶v̶e̶r̶w̶h̶e̶l̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ exciting!

Attachments

• seeds.JPG
    seeds.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 108

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Sweet haul from Real Gorilla Seeds today! Super fast and discreet shipping, thanks again. Cleaning up the grow area at the moment among other things. In addition to the REAL GORILL4 and Super Cream Cookies indoors, lots here to choose from. O̶v̶e̶r̶w̶h̶e̶l̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ exciting!

Glad all arrived ok mate ...:ying:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Just put in for an order of DTC99 F2's, jumped @ the chance! Didnt even know there were freebies until after I placed my order.. Lol! All good, sending payment out tomorrow... Some good stuff @ RGS, gonna place a bigger order fairing how this one goes... :dance013:

Dirt Life

Veteran
Hey Mengsk, back when Nirvana discontinued ttheir Moroccan x Afghan, I bought a pack off of SB EOL area... Very old seeds, just thought Id tell ya. Make sure you have a plan for germing very old seeds and good luck with those... I couldnt get any to germ. :watchplant:And if you do have luck with them, post em up, buddy! Would love to see them (whenever you get to those seeds).

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Hey Mengsk, back when Nirvana discontinued ttheir Moroccan x Afghan, I bought a pack off of SB EOL area... Very old seeds, just thought Id tell ya. Make sure you have a plan for germing very old seeds and good luck with those... I couldnt get any to germ. :watchplant:And if you do have luck with them, post em up, buddy! Would love to see them (whenever you get to those seeds).

Iv seen some old Nirvana packs the other day little clear bags with paper Nirvana labels in im sure there was Moroccan and Crystal etc WW x BB

Mengsk

I may not get to those Nirvana seeds first but everything is in several bags/bubble mailer in the fridge (not frozen). I'll read here for germ or 'revival' steps. I may boil/steam some coco/ffof in a pot over a small electric burner and/or try the thermostat-controlled moist sponges in a plastic bin method. Rather than carelessly toss some out in the dirt or quickly fill a nursery tray I will be much more careful with these (considering what they are, like carrot seed vs priceless). It takes an hour or two at most to plant a tray (if it was even the right season), but a lot of these packs have only ten seeds to begin with, and are years old. Unknown germination rate with ten seeds of a variety is not a whole lot to select phenotypes or observe the variability. Fine to continue the line but something like 10 x 10 open pollination would be better to do a seed run (meaning a whole bunch of plants, not necessarily selected or culled, in a chamber/covered just because of pollen drift). This kind of seed run has advantages, alongside cuttings or selected pairs hybrids etc. To be clear I mean this would be a good plan to preserve some old genetics from decades ago where who knows if the seeds will pop.

Last edited:

Terpmouth

This is the best thing ever xd! I have strawberry diesel f3 and Bubba x trainwreck coming soon. Free pack of orange cookies x blr with it which is also super exciting.

Terpmouth

I have a feeling you will be surprised. Although relatively old I am sure germ rates will be decently high and plant vigor will not be all that diminished. But making seeds is definitely the best way to preserve the genetics and will make for some cool breeding projects

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Updated some stock levels today...

Paradise Sugar Babe
Sensi Super skunk fem an regs, shiva skunk, Feminised Mix
Verdant Greens Genetics
Tom Hills Haze
Reservoir seeds SSSDH S1
B.O.G Sour Strawberry Kush, Sour L.S.D, Grape Punch, sour Grape
Hortilabs Sour power, Sour Joker , Sour pnk grapefruit,
Mandala, Sadhu , Safari Mix
Hybrids from hell , Rocket chunk 2
Flying dutchman Real Mcoy.
Gage Green, Pepe le Chem
Mosca Oldtimes purple urkle
Mr Nice Nevilles Skunk
Sweet seeds Ice Cool

There will be more to add tomorrow or end of the week when im back in office..

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Updated some stock levels today...

Paradise Sugar Babe
Sensi Super skunk fem an regs, shiva skunk, Feminised Mix
Verdant Greens Genetics
Tom Hills Haze
Reservoir seeds SSSDH S1
B.O.G Sour Strawberry Kush, Sour L.S.D, Grape Punch, sour Grape
Hortilabs Sour power, Sour Joker , Sour pnk grapefruit,
Mandala, Sadhu , Safari Mix
Hybrids from hell , Rocket chunk 2
Flying dutchman Real Mcoy.
Gage Green, Pepe le Chem
Mosca Oldtimes purple urkle
Mr Nice Nevilles Skunk
Sweet seeds Ice Cool

There will be more to add tomorrow or end of the week when im back in office..

Perfect timing, thanks!

Dirt Life

Veteran
Just put in for an order of DTC99 F2's, jumped @ the chance! Didnt even know there were freebies until after I placed my order.. Lol! All good, sending payment out tomorrow... Some good stuff @ RGS, gonna place a bigger order fairing how this one goes...

Got my seeds today! Placed order on 28th of October, paid with cash, so have to take account for that.... Recieved order in 15 days! On top of that, I didn't specify any freebies, didnt think of it... Well, I paid for a pack of DTC99....for freebies I received ANOTHER pack of DTC99's, plus a pack of Arctic Storm (DTC99 x G-13bx1)... :jump:
PANIKZ, and all the good folks @ Real Gorilla, you all are AWESOME! Seriously, above & beyond what I expected. :good:

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Panikz is a F'KING Legend! Thank you bro for your excellent customer service and I think I got as many freebies as beans that I ordered! If the germ rates are 50% it still doesn't really matter with so many beans..

I second what dirt life said...Panikz goes above and beyond, AWESOME. If you haven't ordered, they are going fast..RGS are legit! Can't wait to try your RG4 and others.

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Guys/Girls, Ok due to having lots of emails an peeps moan about viability of the old seed boutique stock we have decided to take them off the website , we have just had the website re vamped a bit as we had troubles with our card processors , we are working hard behind the scenes on other means of payments but for now we have Cash in post or bank transfer only , we also updated all the international bank transfer details to make it as easy as possible for you guys to order,..

So Seed Boutique has now had all stock replenished and is FRESH from the breeders, we have only kept the stock we know has had good viability from the older stuff like the new Chimera, Cannacopia,, Samskunkman, Verdant Green, Dave coulier etc.. if anyone HAS had good viability with anything from the older stock recently and can verify that to us asap we can add that back to the seed boutique category please let us know,..

Because we cant be 100% sure what is viable or not its a catch 22 so we have decided to give the old seed boutique stock out as freebies,... Freebies will be 1 pack with every £50 spent , this way you can pick your freebies from the older stock and try your luck with some of these old gems, we have decided this is a much fairer option for you guys that want to try resurrecting some old classics, and im sure there will be a lot of lucky seeds germ..

There will be the option of normal freebies from ourselves at RealGorillaSeeds also as before like the GG#3, Fast Diesel, Whitey Freeze regs etc..

We hope this makes a big difference to you guys and are working hard behind the scenes to make Seed Boutique your one stop seed shop and bring back SeedBay with a bang very shortly ...

Peace Panikz..

Grovolution

Nice! I had decent luck with chimera old stock popping and cracking,out of 1 ten pack 1 didn't crack the rest shot out root. I killed a few from damping off. Still have another pack yet to crack form chimera. Looking forward to some haze